Panel to propose anti-pollution measures

webfact

7 minutes ago, Chazar said:

all govt limos to be reduced from big  cc to 1000cc engines

well thats silly. Some how Id rather have two S Class AMG amgs spewing tailpipe vis a vis one untuned barking 1000 cc puppy.

The problem here is not coming from a few well maintained limos.

I had to tailpipe one of my Benzes in AK and it was  virtually bottomed out proforma, compared to me fiddling with the 85 F-150 just to get it below the red

Edited by Nyezhov

The govt is doing the same thing as previous years. That is, a lot of proposals that they do not implement...they only talk about it. Then by around March the air quality gets better because most of the fields burning is over and then all is forgotten until the burning begins again late in the year.  Then the talk cycle repeats.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration should seek ways to control dust from  construction sites, especially the electric train system. Burning for the purpose of clearing must be strictly banned.

Is this not referring to crop burning? Not that it'll ever be strictly banned/enforced but it is right there in the article...

Without incentives people do nothing.
To begin: BTS and MRT should be free of charge. Same for bus... but replaced, they are too old, especially the red ones.

Cars with one person inside are ridiculous, ecologically speaking.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

According to its proposal, the Royal Thai Police should limit diesel-engine trucks entering Bangkok inner zone to even-number dates within specified hours in January and February.

And when will the Thai government buy those 3500 buses they promised to Bangkok??

And why only to the inner zone? The suburbs also have the same pollution and old crappy buses/touringcars/dumptrucks/bbq's and fires of burning plastic.

10 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

No crops in Bangkok and the metro-centric government doesn't give a stuff about the rest of the country.

As I write, the pollution level in Cha Am is an unhealthy 161 - ten points higher than Bangkok - with a PM2.5 count three times above the WHO maximum recommended safety level.

More of the same is forecast for the next few days, as local idiots continue to burn off crop stubble, toxic household rubbish and rubble on building sites without a peep of protest from any official source.

No functioning law enforcement fining or arresting these e mbeciles.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Redline said:

I didn’t even want to read this, what a waste of time.  Early deaths, less tourists, but who cares because corruption is alive and well 

Well I know that I am a hypocrite, because I come on here and complain about pollution and then go out till 5 a.m. at the age of 64 and drink rum and cokes until I end up having to have my taxi driver stopped on a side street in prom pong so I can puke in the bushes. I probably did more damage to my body in smoky Mixx with the booze and cigarette smoke then all the pollution has done in the past 3 months.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, Thian said:

And when will the Thai government buy those 3500 buses they promised to Bangkok??

And why only to the inner zone? The suburbs also have the same pollution and old crappy buses/touringcars/dumptrucks/bbq's and fires of burning plastic.

They sold them to private compsnies and pocketed the lot

9 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Worst leader ever to sit

Not so sure about that? there has been some utterly astounding competition in years gone by! Taksin for all his faults was a breath of fresh air compared to his predecessors!

• Like 1