Panel to propose anti-pollution measures

webfact

On 1/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, LeNata said:

Without incentives people do nothing.
To begin: BTS and MRT should be free of charge. Same for bus... but replaced, they are too old, especially the red ones.

Cars with one person inside are ridiculous, ecologically speaking.

BTS and MRT free of charge?  They are both nearly full to capacity, so how would that work? Replacing the old buses is imperative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Just went out into the garden and came straight back in. Two year old daughter and I are both coughing and complaining of itchy eyes. It's insane as you can taste the soot from the burning in the air.

Welcome to Thailand!  It was like that last year, and has been like this for weeks now.  Insanity rules!  But at least it's not as bad as cities in China and India.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, Nyezhov said:

Well I know that I am a hypocrite, because I come on here and complain about pollution and then go out till 5 a.m. at the age of 64 and drink rum and cokes until I end up having to have my taxi driver stopped on a side street in prom pong so I can puke in the bushes. I probably did more damage to my body in smoky Mixx with the booze and cigarette smoke then all the pollution has done in the past 3 months.

Sometimes I do that, but I’m in control of killing myself.  I don’t need to be exposed to it 24/7.  We chose what we do, but let’s have a choice 

On 1/17/2020 at 6:35 AM, unamazedloso said:

Why the hell are they not informing the public of the facts that its sugarcane burning thats the major problem.

Why the conspiracy? <deleted> is going on here? Do they really think Thai people are this dumb?

More fakw news from the government. One could argue its not fake but its certainly leaving out facts for some weird backward agenda means fake to me!

There was a news story a while ago about Sugarcane factories wouldnt accept burnt sugarcane but i past the factory the other day and every truck was full of burnt sugarcane. Seriously what is wrong with people here?

What's wrong with the people here?

Seriously?

What's wrong with them is what they think is the most right with them... they're Thai.

They think that makes them supernaturally good because that's what they've been told for decades by people who want them to continue being uneducated and stupid. You, I and most intelligent people think that makes them lazy, uneducated and addicted to dopamine and serotonin - they just have to feel good about themselves despite all of the evidence to the contrary. Hence the preoccupation with face - evolution gone crazy to make a very few of them fabulously wealthy..

They're primitive people, slice it any way you want, they're primitive people, which is why TL is so attractive to you and me. Bottom line? Under-regulated, decent weather, cheap, unchallenging. Mainly cheap.

Read between those lines.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ParkerN said:

What's wrong with the people here?

Seriously?

What's wrong with them is what they think is the most right with them... they're Thai.

They think that makes them supernaturally good because that's what they've been told for decades by people who want them to continue being uneducated and stupid. You, I and most intelligent people think that makes them lazy, uneducated and addicted to dopamine and serotonin - they just have to feel good about themselves despite all of the evidence to the contrary. Hence the preoccupation with face - evolution gone crazy to make a very few of them fabulously wealthy..

They're primitive people, slice it any way you want, they're primitive people, which is why TL is so attractive to you and me. Bottom line? Under-regulated, decent weather, cheap, unchallenging. Mainly cheap.

Read between those lines.

Although nowhere near as 'mainly cheap' as it used to be.   No worries; another Committee and another Panel or two will fix everything !

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, Chazar said:

anything but roadside  stops and removal of vehicle instantly from circulation until remedied inc  all govt vehicles, all govt limos to be reduced from big  cc to 1000cc engines

That's easy to get around and could kickstart a couple of businesses. Buy your Taxi, sorry Benz 560 whatever and go the local car badge back street shop and buy a 1000 SEH badge for the rear end.

SEH=Super Econ Hybrid.

Job done. ????????

On 1/17/2020 at 12:25 PM, Thian said:

And when will the Thai government buy those 3500 buses they promised to Bangkok??

And why only to the inner zone? The suburbs also have the same pollution and old crappy buses/touringcars/dumptrucks/bbq's and fires of burning plastic.

The suburbs are outside the environment for goodness sake.

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The suburbs are outside the environment for goodness sake.

My neighbour also lives here and works at Siam...plenty Thai do the same, i mean who wants to live in Siam or sukhumvit? Only expats do that.

36 minutes ago, sup3r1or said:

As always only Bangkok. The North does not matter because only peasants live there. 9 months this year already and silence. 

In any case typical strategy stretch time and hope it all blows over. 

Don't speak nonsense mate, Prayuth was up north last year when the smog was really bad and he gave them a portable air blower with 2 stroke motor....orange color and imported from abroad....is that not fixing your ploblem?

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Don't speak nonsense mate, Prayuth was up north last year when the smog was really bad and he gave them a portable air blower with 2 stroke motor....orange color and imported from abroad....is that not fixing your ploblem?

Makes one wonder wht he has to do to keel the proles quiet don't it? He's already gone te extra mile for Gawd's sake, what more could anyoen ask? AND, It had an environmentally friendly 2-stroke motor! An a nice Orange colour.

Makes one feel kind of humble really, what an IQ of 90 can come up with when it tries hard.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

680336222_fuckingmoron.jpg.5b0353eb998119aa73b76acae3e59231.jpg

On 1/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, edwinchester said:

No mention of crop burning?

Yes there was, at the bottom.

On 1/16/2020 at 3:13 PM, webfact said:

Burning for the purpose of clearing must be strictly banned.

However, in true Thai style it only mentions "...must be strictly banned" not will be.

'nuf sed