Thai govt adjusting PR plan on drought

webfact

Government adjusting PR plan on drought

ce9f23ecf2e5a6b081010186faa4d1ec_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government has fine-tuned its public relations plan related to the drought by providing information about the government’s remedial measures and finding part-time jobs for those affected.

The Government Spokeswoman, Prof. Dr. Narumon Pinyosinwat, attended a Government House meeting on the government’s PR plan related to the drought. The meeting was attended by representatives of relevant government agencies.

Before the meeting, the Government Spokeswoman said the PR activities and information will be consistent with the national water administration’s work. Members of the public will be informed about the government’s assistance for drought-affected people.

Previously, people with questions about the government’s drought relief measures had to usually obtain additional information from various agencies, without a central information resource.

The work of the Office of Natural Water Resources (ONWR) will also be publicized, so people will be aware of its short, mid and long-term plans to address water related problems.

The general public will be informed about the agency’s completed and pending tasks. They will be able to respond to the government’s remedial measures effectively. For example, farmers are advised to grow crops which require less water during the water shortage and the government will offer them vocational training to help them earn extra income.

The Government Public Relations Department (PRD) has been publicizing the government’s drought relief efforts since the end of 2019. The PRD has helped the audience to understand the drought situation and ways to cope with the problem.

The agency has coordinated with different agencies to integrate information from all sides, while promoting activities in accordance with the current situation.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The government has fine-tuned its public relations plan related to the drought by providing information about the government’s remedial measures and finding part-time jobs for those affected.

Time for them to step aside !

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

The government has fine tuned its public relations plan.:cheesy:

What!! how will that solve the water problems?

As usual a lot of hot air coming out, but nothing constructive.

I am in charge here, look i got a bigger fancier chair than you.... Pathetic.????

I don't think those chairs are pathetic at all - there's some really swish ones Global house.

• Haha 1

Instead of public relations I would get on a bloody airplane heading for Beijing and tell the Chinese, that if they want the train going through Thailand (without any benefit for Thailand) then they rather open the valves of all those dams on the Mekong. 

The Mekong is NOT DYING ALONE, maybe that is what should be hammered into those PR brains and their chiefs - the writing is on the wall .......... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Instead of public relations I would get on a bloody airplane heading for Beijing and tell the Chinese, that if they want the train going through Thailand (without any benefit for Thailand) then they rather open the valves of all those dams on the Mekong. 

The Mekong is NOT DYING ALONE, maybe that is what should be hammered into those PR brains and their chiefs - the writing is on the wall .......... 

Hitting the nail directly ...

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

The government has fine tuned its public relations plan.:cheesy:

What!! how will that solve the water problems?

As usual a lot of hot air coming out, but nothing constructive.

I am in charge here, look i got a bigger fancier chair than you.... Pathetic.????

There is already too much hot Air. That is what is casing the drought.

What ! No massive garlands of Flowers on the Desk when they made this statement.

Oh ! I forgot, they cannot grow Flowers without Water 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The government has fine-tuned its public relations plan related to the drought

They have kinda exhausted the "Thieving Farmers" spin! standby to be entertained ????

On 1/17/2020 at 4:22 AM, webfact said:

The work of the Office of Natural Water Resources (ONWR) will also be publicized, so people will be aware of its short, mid and long-term

... failures ...

On 1/17/2020 at 4:22 AM, webfact said:

to address water related problems.

Strange, not a word about the Royal Rainmaking Air Force mission success to fill all the dams and reservoirs that would negate the affects of drought. Must need more PR for them too.