Trump impeachment trial opens as watchdog faults White House on Ukraine

webfact

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Trump: Never wanted to be president, but I'm gonna get those idiot Democrats.

Trump: I resign.

Trump: May I introduce the next President of the United States, the first woman, first female minority, first ethnic non-American, first woman of color, and a true Indian, Nikki Haley. 

After 3 years of total nonsense, Democrats loose their entire voter base.

Your prediction is as good as mine. Independent registered myself.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

First President ever impeached soley on partisan grounds. Etched in Marble.

I wish I could come back in 50 years and read about it.

Because Republicans do not regard the President enlisting the help of foreign powers to interfere in a US election.

Yep, I agree, ‘Partisan’.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

This GAO report is merely another nail in the coffin.

I think that we are witnessing some serious historical moments.

All throughout this story, from the beginning where there were whispers of a 'Whistle-Blower' to the current discussions, accusations and trial the truth has slowly come out. Yes, pretty much every fact that has come into public view has been labeled a "LIE!" by Trump and his supporters, but pretty much each and every fact has turned out to be true. 

The Whistle-Blower's story has, for all intents and purposes, been wholly confirmed.

The Diplomats' story have, for all intents and purposes, been wholly confirmed.

The Civil Servants from the NSC and other agencies' story have, for all intents and purposes, been wholly confirmed.

Is the story from Lev Parnas true? I do not know. He is under arrest for felonies, so whatever he says MUST be taken with a (proverbial) grain of salt, but it just rings true, it just sounds like everything else we have heard, and it jibes with the arrogance and unethical behaviour that the Trump Administration has shown.

Each and every step of the way, Trump and his acolytes have claimed "Witch Hunt!" and "Fake News!" and "Hoax!" and worse, but each and every step of the way the allegations have been borne out.

I think that we are witnessing the end of the Trump Presidency, and that many, many more people than Trump are going for a fall (remember Nixon's collateral damage?).

There is something that I hope those around Trump remember for the sake of their proverbial souls; the Trump Test. Can anyone name a person whose reputation has been enhanced by their proximity to Trump? One person? One name? One? Being around Trump will mean the end of a person's reputation; the evidence for that is ALREADY clear. Those in proximity need to be very, very aware that there will be an ugly splash zone.

What is next? Will the Republicans stand up and become "Profiles in Courage"? Or will they slink into the slime?

It is sad to see stuff like this occur anywhere; I sincerely hope that the US can deal with this quickly, but I sadly suspect that Trump will force the entire country to be mud-covered before he hits the final door.

Sad, sad times for the USA.

The Republicans will probably behave like the Democrats did when Clinton deliberately lied to cover up his inappropriate sexual abuses.

Sad, but that's what politicians do now. Cover the backs of those in the same trough gorging gang.

• Like 1