Frustrated

3 minutes ago, Oxx said:

It's not fine because it shows Immigration's complete contempt for its customers' time. 

I agree with your sentiment but I often feel that way many places in Thailand, ie my time is of no consequence. The bank makes me feel that way. 

• Like 1

Of course there could have been something on the form that the OP hadn't of read before that could end up with him being throw out of the country next year. And he would then be blaming someone for not bringing it to his attention. 

Never my fault !!

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 11:49 AM, tgeezer said:

Thank goodness it is only once a year! 

It appears that we both had a stressful day, thank God it was Friday ????

Have a read of my day yesterday when trying to get my extension ????

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1143898-marriage-extension-more-changes-to-the-usual-paperwork/?tab=comments#comment-14967055

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

Of the 3 hours 2 1/2 was waiting even before the documents were submitted.  My experience at CW earlier this week was even worse.  It's not fine because it shows Immigration's complete contempt for its customers' time.  If they actually cared they'd resurrect the appointment booking system.

Had a conversation with the IO at Sakon Nakhon yesterday when I submitted my docs, 5 years now. It was a 3 hour all up wait and collect, and I couldn't help but say to him that I noticed that all 3 IO's were very busy, and that they must LOVE their jobs....lol, he just smiled and I said to him, one day if I am still alive, I hope someone can come up with a simpler system for me to use, you know someone from immigration submitting their idea to the big boss, like how about we don't ask farangs to provide us with 100 pages (2 sets) of paperwork every year for their extensions, why not get them to just provide us with the covering application form with a photo, copy of bank book pages and that be the end of it, after all, immigration has everything already, he raised his eyebrows, turned and looked at me, then turned at looked around and then said, I HATE this job and smiled, I said, I bet you do ????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

If you like staying in Thailand, you should also resurrect your positive side and learn to have some patience.

I don't feel positive about being treated really shoddily because of bureaucratic incompetence and inefficiency in any country of the world.  Thailand is no different in that respect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

Of the 3 hours 2 1/2 was waiting even before the documents were submitted.  My experience at CW earlier this week was even worse.  It's not fine because it shows Immigration's complete contempt for its customers' time.  If they actually cared they'd resurrect the appointment booking system.

Considering the fairly common reference by TV posters to the mass exodus of foreigners, maybe they felt the booking system wouldn't be needed.

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2020 at 10:19 AM, tgeezer said:

If that desk was there last year then I wasn’t required to use it. What does little consequence mean?  If it means that they need not exist then I agree with you.  

Do not tell me to “ Get a life” it was probably comments designed  to attain one-upmanship like that which shortened the thread earlier. 

Repeat-get a life. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Oxx said:

I don't feel positive about being treated really shoddily because of bureaucratic incompetence and inefficiency in any country of the world.  Thailand is no different in that respect.

Incompetence arroding to you, right? If you ask the people that are working with this and the immigration is this specific case, then they will say that their system is working. They will neither want you to call them incompetent. 

What you are posting is exactly what people that can´t accept differences do. If it´s not working after your model and your way things should be done, then it´s an incompetent system. Just stop complaining and be happy where you are, or go back home to try and change everything you don´t like in your own little play pin.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Only 3 hours sounds like heavenly short to me, not sure why this is worth posting (and I do like to whine about immigration). Try CNX next year if you like to wait.

My time at CNX was but 20 minutes for my annual retirement extention.  Helps to have all of the paperwork ready and at hand.  ????

On 1/17/2020 at 8:07 AM, tgeezer said:

Yes there was no reason not to get it, they didn’t even screw with me for being a pain.  Go with the flow is to accept that Immigration is staffed with imbeciles and that I refuse to do because I know that they are not imbeciles. 

yeah Geez..  with your Thai language abilities it should be a breeze... though things sometimes just take time... sounds like calling in to customer service and explaining your problem to someone who has no ability to help you but will just pass you along to another person to explain to again..

and this is not a Thai thing... similar or worse can be visited upon your house in my own home western country, even the embassy not staffed by the best and brightest...  

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly you haven't attended an AU bank.

Absolutely mate, one time in a Commonwealth bank, a teller with no customer, so i walked up and she screamed at me to wait behind the line, when she did serve me, i just replied i want to close my account NOW ! sorry drifted off subject.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:19 AM, tgeezer said:

If that desk was there last year then I wasn’t required to use it. What does little consequence mean?  If it means that they need not exist then I agree with you.  

Do not tell me to “ Get a life” it was probably comments designed  to attain one-upmanship like that which shortened the thread earlier. 

You started the thread with your complaints and one would think that you were expecting some response.  Well, I'm with the other poster who thinks you've just overreacted a bit.  So you have to go to Immigration for a couple of hours once a year......you'll survive.   As for you saying that you don't need to draw a map, yes you do if it's requested.  As for signing the paperwork that basically states the rules for non-compliance, most everyone else has to do that and, again, hardly a big deal or worth complaining about.

But I do remain puzzled as to why you felt it necessary to mention the girl paper-checker was "plump."  Does that have something to do with the price of tea in China?

• Like 2