Head on smash in Buriram: Family wiped out

webfact

Head on smash in Buriram: Family wiped out

7pm.jpg

PIcture: Daily News

Five people died including parents and their two children when two pick-ups collided in Buriram yesterday. 

A Mazda driven by Theerapong, 45, had crossed the central reservation on the four lane Buriram to Sateuk Road in Ban Yang sub-district near the Sahasin Khao Thai mill. 

He was unconscious but soon died. 

The Mazda had collided head on with a Vigo. Dead inside the vehicle were husband and wife Weerawut,32, and Pharada, 39 and their daughter nine year old Pharawut. 

Thrown out into undergrowth was their four year old son who was still alive but died soon thereafter. 

The family were on their way to Buriram. 

Buriram police are investigating the tragedy. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-17
  • Sad 9

50 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

RIP those lost.  How many were wearing Seatbelts ?

And what difference would seat belts make ?  None whatsoever. In a head on belts create massive internal injuries that would be fatal plus massive whiplash. No chance for the occupants,

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

This is my singular worst fear when I take my life in my hands and do one of my long-distance drives. Defensive driving, moderate speed and being aware of what's going on around you is relatively easy. Allowing for something coming at you from the other side at a closing speed of around 200 kph is almost impossible.

I had a near miss many years ago, it was two lanes in either direction and the central reservation was a grassy mound edge-lined with bushes, I was driving along normally when through the bushes ahead I saw a cloud of dust erupt, then a caravan appeared about 4 ft off the ground coming straight at me, I managed to get over to the hard shoulder and prayed like hell it would miss me, which it did by millimeters, going behind me. Thankfully no other driver behind me or he would have been toast for sure.

Sheer luck

The post story I think was the notorious micro-sleep.

These chilling news have been read for so many years, many of us hope to never happen in such a situation, many give advice (that no one follows) how to marginalize these losses, what happens ??? Nothing, the carelessness of those responsible is incredible!
Smokers who dare to smoke in non-permitted areas are prosecuted, why? It is little work with big income!
Do your homework properly, get the killers off the road, check all the papers and cars better and take a driving test that deserves this name!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 30la said:

These chilling news have been read for so many years, many of us hope to never happen in such a situation, many give advice (that no one follows) how to marginalize these losses, what happens ??? Nothing, the carelessness of those responsible is incredible!
Smokers who dare to smoke in non-permitted areas are prosecuted, why? It is little work with big income!
Do your homework properly, get the killers off the road, check all the papers and cars better and take a driving test that deserves this name!

So true ,most of the problems here is because they not have a police force 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Another micro-sleep ? Tragic loss of a family.

probably... unfortunately, there is very little that can be done against it - one thing would be to make sleep detectors mandatory in every car and the other would be to install central rails.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, pixelaoffy said:

Investigate ! It will be driving without care and attention .. putting it politely 

Perhaps,

but especially the Thai people have never learned to use the brake pedal correctly;
they are very numerous to want to brake with the left foot which is only used for the clutch pedal when it is a manual gearbox;
for an automatic gearbox this foot, the left, is at rest all the time.

When we see the condition of the two vehicles, no driver has used his brake pedal; they entered each other at full speed;
if in addition no one was attached; very frequent, I see it every day when I am stopped at a red light; sitting on the saddle of my mountain bike, I see what is happening in vehicles, child in front of no belt or on mom's lap she is not even belted; no one is belted behind and the kids often stand between the two front seats.
at the slightest violent shock, he passes in front and shatters on the windshield.