Dangerous Thailand! Tourists injured after collapse at Khao Yai resort

webfact

Dangerous Thailand! Tourists injured after collapse at Khao Yai resort

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Several tourists were injured after a rope structure attached to a resort room in Khao Yai collapsed sending them spiralling to the ground below. 

The tourists had moments earlier been posing for pictures that ended up being shared online following the accident. 

Three were relaxing on the rope itself and two were on the surrounding frame. 

Sanook said the person on the frame at the back suffered two broken wrists and a back injury. 

All the others were injured. 

82198801_3076079742411582_2295179520245760000_n_1579154899.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The structure was unable to take the weight of the tourists. The poster said that they were not aware if the structure came with a weight warning. 

Sanook said that such rope structures were now very popular in Thailand. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-17
  • Sad 3

42 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Too complicated for Somchai, that happens if u build without a proper architect and engineer.... They have that here, it's just that lifes are less important than saving architect fees.

I always say, if you think employing a professional is expensive wait until you employ an armature 

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

With all respect, but how would anybody trust such a rope construction?

Five adults on it is insane. 

Not quite what I posted 5+(?) years ago, when the place was publicised on TVF.

( I think I added:   "........over a river?........in Thailand!?" )

Edited by Enoon

It's the same idea as defensive driving on the roads here, you have to look at things and assume that they've been badly designed, corners have been cut in the building and the cheapest, shoddyist materials used for the construction, then weigh this all up and decide if it's going to be safe enough to use.

Helps if you were a builder or, ideally a structural engineer in a previous incarnation. Welcome to the third world...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

'Came with weight warning'

I bet. Surely posted in large letters in their home language for all the women to see...???????????????? bet their American...they look rather large (to be nice). 

Perhaps the 'weight' warning was something like:

Wait to see how long before this structure collapses when overloaded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

With all respect, but how would anybody trust such a rope construction?

I think i've been to this resort, it belongs to a blond farang lady who works there...

There also was a tire hanging above the stream, when i stood on it it suddenly broke....

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

It's the same idea as defensive driving on the roads here, you have to look at things and assume that they've been badly designed, corners have been cut in the building and the cheapest, shoddyist materials used for the construction, then weigh this all up and decide if it's going to be safe enough to use.

Helps if you were a builder or, ideally a structural engineer in a previous incarnation. Welcome to the third world...

And the Thai only fix things after accidents have happened..they will never fix it or even check it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1