Thai woman: I was nearly barbecued at 5 am!

webfact

Thai woman: I was nearly barbecued at 5 am!

4pm.jpg

Thai caption: Let that be a warning...

Picture: Daily News

A Thai woman went on Facebook to recount her experience after awaking in the early hours of the morning to find a power bank charging her spare phone battery was on fire at the foot of the bed. 

She said she had felt a warmth on her leg that alerted her causing her to wake up. 

"I was nearly barbecued at 5 am this morning" she said.

Apparently the fire was soon extinguished after she initially fled in terror.

She said that it was lucky that her blanket was wrapped around her and not the plug too.

She said that she wouldn't be charging things on the bed again. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-17
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Just go and take a look in a few Rural homes in this country and when you come back out you will wonder why it is that there are not a lot more fires and electrocutions than there are.   It's got to be one of the most unsafe country's on the Planet !

Whenever I'm not using an electrical device, I unplug it. When I leave home for more than 15 minutes, I unplug everything before I go and switch off current directed to the air conditioners. I probably shouldn't risk the 15 minutes.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Honestly, who in their right mind recharges a dangerous lithium-cell battery ON THE BED?

Would she also be cooking in bed, leaving the camping stove on overnight?

Thai people, that's who...

Edited by BobinBKK
Spelling

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And they keep on coming. This is about being stupid and charging an unsafe product on the bed. As well as it is about being lucky and not get hurt. And, you just spout a sexistic comment out of the blue????

Just slightly irrelevant, don´t you think?

Not any more relevant than it being 5:00 am in the morning, don't "YOU" think?

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Whenever I'm not using an electrical device, I unplug it. When I leave home for more than 15 minutes, I unplug everything before I go and switch off current directed to the air conditioners. I probably shouldn't risk the 15 minutes.

you unplug the fridge ??

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

I do that too and its a right pain in the bottom when I forget to plug the fridge and deep freeze back in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Probably shouldn't risk going out, might get hit by a car/motorbike/bite by soi dog/breathe in PM2.5 etc etc etc......... ????

56 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Chinese-made power adapters, chargers and cables when the original chargers and cables fail.

Well most if not all are Chinese made, there is just different types of quality and people tend to be cheap with problems as a result.

Not to mention the electric wiring being poor done in TH and then having people using 7 devices on 1 outlet.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

in possession of a high-current source of electricity

Just bought a charging cable with a Volts/Amps display. Charging an empty battery takes 1.2 amps @ 5.1 volts = 6.12 watts. Hardly high current source.

Of course the problems start when that device malfunctions and connects the phone directly to the mains...........BOOM!

Strange word barbecue.

It does not mean to grill food on an open fire.

It comes from the french words meaning skewered from beard to tail, so the the entire body could be spit roasted and rotated while being roasted over an open fire.

So what did this girl do to be taken from beard to tail  .  .  . the mind boggles.

In south africa they cook food over an open fire called a braai or braaivleis.

BBQ is a potatochip flavour.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inepto Cracy said:

In south africa they cook food over an open fire called a braai or braaivleis.

Did you really have to start about my favourite food while recovering and havent been able to eat for a few days?
Now I will have to get Ceres fruit juice tomorrow as well (this is the best on earth).

Edited by ChaiyaTH

8 hours ago, BobinBKK said:
11 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Honestly, who in their right mind recharges a dangerous lithium-cell battery ON THE BED?

Would she also be cooking in bed, leaving the camping stove on overnight?

Thai people, that's who...

Said the people posting on laptops and computers, many of which are just as likely to burst into flame as a cell phone.

• Confused 1