Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Thai woman: I was nearly barbecued at 5 am!

Recommended Posts

Thai woman: I was nearly barbecued at 5 am!

 

4pm.jpg

Thai caption: Let that be a warning...

Picture: Daily News

 

A Thai woman went on Facebook to recount her experience after awaking in the early hours of the morning to find a power bank charging her spare phone battery was on fire at the foot of the bed. 

 

She said she had felt a warmth on her leg that alerted her causing her to wake up. 

 

"I was nearly barbecued at 5 am this morning" she said.

 

Apparently the fire was soon extinguished after she initially fled in terror.

 

She said that it was lucky that her blanket was wrapped around her and not the plug too.

 

She said that she wouldn't be charging things on the bed again. 

 

Source: Daily News

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-17
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, who in their right mind recharges a dangerous lithium-cell battery ON THE BED?

 

Would she also be cooking in bed, leaving the camping stove on overnight?

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Just go and take a look in a few Rural homes in this country and when you come back out you will wonder why it is that there are not a lot more fires and electrocutions than there are.   It's got to be one of the most unsafe country's on the Planet !

Whenever I'm not using an electrical device, I unplug it. When I leave home for more than 15 minutes, I unplug everything before I go and switch off current directed to the air conditioners. I probably shouldn't risk the 15 minutes.

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Will probably be doing it in the bath next. 

Probably...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Honestly, who in their right mind recharges a dangerous lithium-cell battery ON THE BED?

 

Would she also be cooking in bed, leaving the camping stove on overnight?

Thai people, that's who...

Edited by BobinBKK
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And they keep on coming. This is about being stupid and charging an unsafe product on the bed. As well as it is about being lucky and not get hurt. And, you just spout a sexistic comment out of the blue????

Just slightly irrelevant, don´t you think?

Not any more relevant than it being 5:00 am in the morning, don't "YOU" think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, zydeco said:

You have a VCR?

Got rid of my last one 2 years ago...never unplugged from the day I bought it about 10 years previously.

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Whenever I'm not using an electrical device, I unplug it. When I leave home for more than 15 minutes, I unplug everything before I go and switch off current directed to the air conditioners. I probably shouldn't risk the 15 minutes.

you unplug the fridge ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...