Extension of stay after retirement extension ends

Long term planning here. My non-O visa retirement extension of stay expires April 20 but, I would prefer to fly out on May 29th (some technical reason for those dates) which means I would be looking a 40 extension after my retirement extension ends. I would have outbound plane ticket, can be done? Moving my retirement to an alternative country so do not want to renew the retirement extension here. 

17 minutes ago, DowntownAl said:

fly out on May 29th

17 minutes ago, DowntownAl said:

would have outbound plane ticket

I am also not aware of an easy solution at the immigration office.

If you have an outbound ticket it would be easy to get a tourist visa in a neighboring country. That would give you 60 days.

Visa run required until last week of March.

Whether a simple border run would suffice?

30 day exempt entry and then applying for 30 day extension?

• Like 1

Have you spent the 800,000 baht, because if not I would just go ahead and extend it, (it is pretty straight forward)? Then maybe leave without a re-entry permit, and with the money!

Only other Extension available is a 60 day married to a Thai.... else get a Visa in a nearby country, or a Visa Exempt entry and a single 30 day extension.

Edited by jacko45k

If you have a Thai spouse or child, you can get a 60-day extension. Otherwise, your best move depends on your nationality. If you qualify for visa exempt entry (and, as it seems, have no intention to spend much time in Thailand in the future) do a border bounce at a suitable land crossing (30 days with 30-day extension at your local immigration office). The final good option is a tourist visa from a nearby consulate, being a bit careful these days with the one you choose.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:36 PM, Max69xl said:

You can get a 7 days extension then you have to leave the country.  

Hmmmm....that could just about work. 7 day extension, stay overnight for a super-mini vacay, come back 30 visa exempt, off to Canada arrive one day early...not bad. Does the 7 day extension cost the usual 1,900 baht?

16 minutes ago, DowntownAl said:

Hmmmm....that could just about work. 7 day extension, stay overnight for a super-mini vacay, come back 30 visa exempt, off to Canada arrive one day early...not bad. Does the 7 day extension cost the usual 1,900 baht?

it is not a 7 day extension. It is 7 days to leave the country after a extension application is done, the 1900 baht fee is paid and it is denied. 

2 hours ago, DowntownAl said:

A friend of mine miscalculated his stay in Thailand (maybe to much Sang Som),went to the immigration office and was told to fill in the TM7 form and provide the normal copies and a photo. They gave him a 7 days extension and he paid the normal price,1900 baht.