Teachers' Day in Thailand: Yet more violence meted out to female students

webfact

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Teachers here get away with bullying, assault and incompetence and it's time they were made accountable.

You forgot to mention that they also get away with not educating their students adequately. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

If you can only discipline kids by wacking them, I hope you dont have kids.

This is about school children not about myself so stick to the topic.

And don't start being personal OK.

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And it's part of the reason why things are so screwed up here, and ordinary Thais seem unfazed/undeterred by all kinds of violence.

Because that's what they've been put through as children, and so as adults, engaging in the same behavior against others is simply an extension of what they've already endured.

If that were true, then it would not be newsworthy.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

34 minutes ago, animatic said:

Is it any wonder at the high levels of physical violence in the population,

when these are their official role models?

...no wonder some have short-fuses...so much pent up anger and frustration..ready to erupt at the drop of a hat...leave them kids alone.

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

I agree 100%.  If you ever see a girl in a bar being exploited or drinking too much, I must step in!!!!  If i see corruption during a traffic stop, I act!!!  If I see someone burning something, I take action!!! If I see bad products being sold, I protest!!!  If I see any type of reckless driving, I spring to action!!!! 

If per chance you are the caped crusader, you didn’t get to this one in time.

Somebody needs to identify the teacher and the school and authorities should take him to task. I agree with some sort of punishment for misdemeanors, but not beating a child like that. This individual has no place around children. 

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I have never hit my son to discipline him and never would to any child of mine (or anyone actually).  There are plenty of ways to discipline children other than hitting them.

By trying to suggest that a lack of beating your children leads them to become "uncontrollable rabble" shows just how ridiculous that statement really is.

Do you not consider the young men who take to the streets looting and starting fires when we have riots in London are not an 'uncontrollable rabble'. That's exactly what they are IMO. Perhaps you consider them to be members of a wronged minority giving air to justifiable grievances.

Have you any idea what level of discipline those rioters were subjected to when they were younger. They even laughed at the police and after the first day or two the police just stood back and left them to it. If they'd have brought in armed troops it would have been over in hours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Teachers' Day in Thailand: Yet more violence meted out to female students

It goes both ways without a proper balance... yes the teachers should not meter out punishment like this and should be removed, but likewise students who break the rules must also be held accountable for their actions. Otherwise later in society we see the result of being allowed to do as one wants without accountability!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Surasak said:

I understand where you are coming from and discipline is the main problem in UK schools and homes. However, to use a stick to beat a child is never the answer. "There are other means of punishment which can be much more effective."

Like what? Stopping their pocket money?

They'd just go out and start shop lifting or selling drugs.

Ground them?

They'll just climb out the window or go out the back door.

Take their TV or phone away?

They'll just scream and holler and shout till you relent and let them have them back because you want a bit of peace.

There's little or no discipline in the home nor the schools any more because some kids know they can get away with murder, in some cases literally.

A lot of the fatal stabbings in London remain unsolved. Even the cops are wary of getting too enthusiastic in their investigations just in case there's another riot!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I would like to know how many of the bleeding hearts on here have taught kids. The great problem is that the only thing that the kids react to is the threat.  A teacher can not throws student out or give them detention or extra homework the kids don't care.  Schools can not suspend a student and they can not fail. 

My question to the bleeding hearts is what would you do if a student told you to <deleted>off.

Bang on the nail.

4 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

If you can only discipline kids by wacking them, I hope you dont have kids.

I don't know I got whacked several times once with a military web belt I will never shoplift again I'm 62 and don't have problems. Spanking a child might be ok within reason in school it was done by the principal in the office if it was a female it was done by a female teacher in the office with a paddle not a stick in front of the class

• Like 1

my son was in a Thai schools for 4 years to age off 7 years old I was never told by my Thai wife he was hit on the bottom of his foot  he hated school so much that he never learn how to read or Write Thai and English if I found out when in Thailand I would have hit the teacher now we are back in Australia my son now love going to school and is learning to read and write.

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

There are other means of punishment which can be much more effective

Take their phone off them,1 day for first offence, gradually building up to a week, month, year! 

Nah, the teacher would be done for theft!

Edited by stouricks
  • Haha 2

Looks like that male teacher had a right boner on !!!

Punishment should only be meted out by teachers of the same sex in my opinion.

I'm not opposed to corporal punishment as long as it's on a par with the offence, I had the cane and slipper at school when I was out of line, I've also had a few teachers lift me by my lapels and pin me against a wall on more than one occasion I've had stuff thrown at me & believe me I deserved it, now as a 66 years old male I am a normal well adjusted human being, apart from my fetish of being beaten by a sexy female teacher for my misdemeanors, but that's another story.................

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Haha 2