Teachers' Day in Thailand: Yet more violence meted out to female students

webfact

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Looks like that male teacher had a right boner on !!!

Punishment should only be meted out by teachers of the same sex in my opinion.

Not necessarily so. I went to an all boys school. The headmaster was the only person allowed to administer the cane. He always got a boner when administering the task he so obviously loved.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, yokat said:

What a way to grow kids into good members of the society, let them learn that it's normal for a grown adult to act like that.

Have you ever seen the Thais soaps ?? There is no acting, it's all screaming, hitting servants and guns... All the time... Thai's love it and we wonder why it is copied... 

How about if a parent would come to school and beat the teacher so that that teacher ends up in hospital for a couple of weeks.

When the teacher work up again and can see then the parent can still visit him and wai him and tell him he is really sorry. ???? 

Why in Thailand is still accepted that teachers mistreat their pupils??

This society is sick! If i would have a kid there i would beat up any teacher to hell.

And now the celebrate a teachers day??? Sometimes i feel in Thailand beeing in the wrong movie!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A couple a years ago, my youngest daughter came home in tears because her teacher has cut her hair, to what he said was an acceptable length. I knew there was really nothing I could do, a big lump was cut out of my daughters hair, and we had to go to the hairdresser in order to correct it, but I still found it totally unacceptable. On the next student/parent/teacher meeting I told this specific teacher that next time he dare to touch my daughter, something terrible would happen to him, e.g. an broken arm, fingers or more. That helps, after this meeting he was always very polite and friendly. Now is my daughter studying at the university in Buriram and  close to finish her years and is becoming a teacher herself.

5 minutes ago, m Stender said:

A couple a years ago, my youngest daughter came home in tears because her teacher has cut her hair, to what he said was an acceptable length. I knew there was really nothing I could do, a big lump was cut out of my daughters hair, and we had to go to the hairdresser in order to correct it, but I still found it totally unacceptable. On the next student/parent/teacher meeting I told this specific teacher that next time he dare to touch my daughter, something terrible would happen to him, e.g. an broken arm, fingers or more. That helps, after this meeting he was always very polite and friendly. Now is my daughter studying at the university in Buriram and  close to finish her years and is becoming a teacher herself.

Make sure when she qualifies to become a teacher, you buy her a decent pair of scissors!

????

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I've been to Chislehurst Caves in Kent in SE England but not recently. They were part of an ancient chalk mine. Quite interesting, you should go there some time.

But what's that got to do with the topic under discussion.

What it has to do with the discussion. Nothing much more than it cements how stupid you comment I quoted was. Anyway, you might see that as irrelevant.

Never mind!

• Sad 1

If anyone comes near to this to my daughter who is in a private school in Indonesia, or my son in Bangkok... they better be prepared to face the full force of a Scotsman.... I will kick the living daylights of them and some... this is sickening.. In Singapore a teacher scolded and threatened my daughter, I was there the next day... to put it lightly that woman wont be abusing children anytime soon.... I made sure of that - to clarify I did not touch the Malaysian female teacher.... but I was vocal

Edited by fraggleRock

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Parents and teachers are banned from hitting children in the UK. Worst move they ever made. 

Children without discipline often grow up to be an uncontrollable rabble. Look at the problems we have with crime in the UK especially in London, the knife crime capital of Europe.

Your first paragraph is ridiculous, there is never an excuse for violence against children, though I do agree with your second. Surely there are ways to discipline children without using violence.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Parents and teachers are banned from hitting children in the UK. Worst move they ever made. 

Children without discipline often grow up to be an uncontrollable rabble. Look at the problems we have with crime in the UK especially in London, the knife crime capital of Europe.

Violence begets violence. Why do you think this has become such a violent world? From abusive parents, to abusive teachers, to violent video games and a culture of violence emerges. Hit my child and plan on dealing with me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The teacher was on TV last night, he seemed a perfectly reasonable young-ish guy. Not at all in denial or apologetic for his behavoir. Seemed like a decent, likeable teacher in any regualr school.

He wasn’t bothered to talk about it, I didn’t believe it was the same guy in the video, so didn’t pay too much attention.
He said the kids were constantly naughty, the kids always spent the money they were given to pay for their dinner or something.

I found that the kids in school get away with pretty much anything, discipline was never an occourence in any school that I worked in. In fact, even in the school discipline dept the PE teachers (always PE teachers) would just laugh with the naughty kids.

Edited by recom273

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Do you not consider the young men who take to the streets looting and starting fires when we have riots in London are not an 'uncontrollable rabble'. That's exactly what they are IMO. Perhaps you consider them to be members of a wronged minority giving air to justifiable grievances.

Have you any idea what level of discipline those rioters were subjected to when they were younger. They even laughed at the police and after the first day or two the police just stood back and left them to it. If they'd have brought in armed troops it would have been over in hours.

So what do you attribute the fire starting, looting, bombing in Bangkok to be?

Some would consider your remarks to be a clear example of fascism.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, recom273 said:

The teacher was on TV last night, he seemed a perfectly reasonable young-ish guy. Not at all in denial or apologetic for his behavoir. Seemed like a decent, likeable teacher in any regualr school.

He wasn’t bothered to talk about it, I didn’t believe it was the same guy in the video, so didn’t pay too much attention.
He said the kids were constantly naughty, the kids always spent the money they were given to pay for their dinner or something.

I found that the kids in school get away with pretty much anything, discipline was never an occourence in any school that I worked in. In fact, even in the school discipline dept the PE teachers (always PE teachers) would just laugh with the naughty kids.

Which proves he thinks he is right and he knows he will not get in trouble and more then likely done it many times before. 

17 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Just proves he thinks he is right and nothing will happen to him. Also more then likely he has done this so many times already. 

27 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I give my kid 30bht to take to school every day.

Usually he comes home with 20bht to put in his piggy bank.

It's not up to his teacher to tell how to spend his money (or not).

At 8 his teacher tells us he's a bit stupid, that may be but he can already speak one more language than her.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

If you can only discipline kids by wacking them, I hope you dont have kids.

I have never said I whack kids, you've never seen me do so nor heard that I do so let's not start getting personal shall we.

1 hour ago, iLuvThai said:

Louis CK is a moron. There truly is a difference in disciplining disobedience and cruelty. My brothers sisters and I were disciplined violently without reason most of the time. I learned to forgive and move on unlike a couple of my siblings who are stuck in the past. I learned that if your child is told No and explained why not and they look you in the eyes as they test you, it's up to you to show them you mean business. One swift smack on the donkey is all it took for my 3 kids. And thankfully they learned at a early age that when dad said No it meant No. My daughters took one each my son needed a few over the years but finally the message got through. 

We've all seen those kids in the shop throwing fits of rage and the parents are at the end of there rope only because they didn't nip in the bud. I know some will show me hate, but I'm answering to God, not those who choose to let the monster's run the house. 

Play nice folks. 

Well, you are answering to god. And you can’t argue with that logic in 2020. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is just like the Catholic Church. If you create a job where it is ok to swat kids in the butts with stick, you are going to get a bunch of employees who..... get off on swatting little kids on the butt with sticks, or the occasional hand.

I am not even 100% against physical discipline, but it should 100% not be taking place in schools by the teachers. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I have never said I whack kids, you've never seen me do so nor heard that I do so let's not start getting personal shall we.

You said its perfectly fine and even necessary sometimes to discipline kids by hitting them. Pathetic and 1,000% morally wrong to think this way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1