Teachers' Day in Thailand: Yet more violence meted out to female students

webfact

22 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Teachers here get away with bullying, assault and incompetence and it's time they were made accountable.

That's next on the government's agenda. Right after they rid the roads of drunk drivers. 

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Watch the video again (if you can, I can't) and tell me that the teacher wasn't acting in anger. His words and actions tell the story.

Yes he was and he is paying the penalty, acting in anger produces ill thought out actions and they have consequences. No one, especially a foreigner is going to get away with beating up a teacher no matter how well deserved you think it is, being arrested, fined or imprisoned and then deported certainly won't help your child. A harder punishment for this man than a beating would be to be shamed, sued and sacked.

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

A harder punishment for this man than a beating would be to be shamed, sued and sacked.

None of the above is likely to happen. If a student hadn't videoed the event and that video hadn't gone viral, he'd have recieved no admonishment whatsoever.

• Sad 1

A few males from this girl’s family should beat this loser within and inch of his life and carve her name into his skin with a knife. 

Some wild animals belong in cages, some deserve to be put down.

3 hours ago, dcnx said:

Domestic violence, rape, child abuse, prostitution, child prostitution, human trafficking, drug trafficking, alcoholism, road casualties, poor education, corruption at all levels, and pollution, all at record levels. 

Don’t let those pretty new malls and sexy brown farmer whores fool you. They are still savages with a third world mindset. 

The level of violent reprisal is not really any surprise here.

No one has any faith that crime against the person will be treated as serious simply because those who are responsible for that course of action are pretty much useless. For most taking private revenge is the only thing they can do. Both the do-er and the do-ee have the same respect for the law???,0 none.

This story proves it 'admonished'.

If this teacher is found a few days from now with two black eyes and a broken nose 99% of those reading about it won't complain. Very very few will be shouting that the law should deal with it.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 7:09 AM, Bluespunk said:

The reason is the adult involved is a bullying thug, unfit for purpose. 

No teacher should ever assault a student in this manner. 

Indeed, this teacher ought to be sacked and put in trial.

On 1/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, CGW said:

They are the front line of the "indoctrination" process that the government relies on to prevent a massive revolt! may be a while before they are made to accountable! 

True to some extent,  though if you talk with teachers (those who aren't blind establishment zombies), and ask them why they teach certain things, they will tell you they know it's not quite the whole picture they are teaching, but that if they were to include content that does not blindly follow what is dictated from above, they may be ratted out. So both teachers and people above them have good reason not to deviate for fear of consequences from people above them. Teacher who use criticism won't be in their job for long.

Land of smiles? Or country of fear?

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 4:24 PM, hotchilli said:

. Otherwise later in society we see the result of being allowed to do as one wants without accountability!

Hmm interesting point of view.

so, now all people are disciplined and live by the law because of being disciplined by assault in Schøol ?   next traffic stop I will surely get a receipt then, all people summoned to court will appear, and no murderers will be allowed to be out on bail, let alone on the run.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:05 AM, BobbyL said:

though many said there was probably a reason for the punishment

Unbelievable

Yeah, reminds me of my parents who always sided with whatever the teachers said.  Parents blindly assume or look the other way and let the teachers do what they want.  This teacher here looks like a pervert and is getting too much joy out of it.  He is letting his emotions run his job.  That guy better be followed up on and punished.  Onus is on the parents now to persevere against the social and hierarchy pressures. 

Our schools were the same way. I remember a nun banging the head of a classmate on the statue of St. Joseph because he talked in line. The brothers at the Catholic high school (all boys) loved using the paddle. But the physical abuse was nothing compared to the nonsense they put in our heads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KKr said:

so, now all people are disciplined and live by the law because of being disciplined by assault in Schøol

No I don't condone assault [as I stated in my post] especially when administered as in this case, by the teacher who went far beyond the realms of teaching any kind of lesson!

What I said was, we are as children taught right from wrong jointly by parents/schools/extended family etc

If you as a child behave wrongly you should be taught that what you did was unacceptable and that there are consequences to those actions.. otherwise with complete freedom to do as you wish as a child when you grow up you firmly believe there are no boundaries and you can do as you want.

Punishment for being in the wrong at school should be in the form of a school detention or suspension if need-be until the child learns to behave themselves.

We must not forget that children soon learn to exploit freedom, which is good for character building but must be tempered with rules of not to push your luck too far.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:28 PM, Sametboy2019 said:

If that was my child that teacher would receive the beating of his life

On 1/17/2020 at 4:32 PM, passiflora said:

If a teacher tries to do that with one of my nefews or nieces, I can promise this teacher won't have a tooth in his mouth anymore 

uh huh

uh huh

you bad 

you bad !!

Edited by papa al

5 minutes ago, papa al said:

Fear is the strongest motivator.

It has held societies together since

societies have existed.

And now we're in the 21st century and that no longer applies in civilised countries. Many effective ways of disciplining children without beating them which, generally, has a negative effect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

They would have to file it with police who are bigger bullies than teachers and only motivated by money not the law.

Agreed, however, clearly in this case the police themselves need educating and how to deal with complaints from the public. If the complaint is lodged and the police do not subject that complaint to the standard procedure, then a complaint against the policeman needs to be made. Only by doing this will the police themselves learn what is expected by the public.

However, in Thailand, the public is lazy and poorly educated so they neither have the time nor the inclination to contest the service that is offered and instead help the police (who are also Thais, and therefore equally poorly educated and lazy) to understand what is expected of them by the public that ultimately pays better salary, and their bribes.

If this were to become a trend I will wager the police are not so stupid that they won't get the message.

Edited by ParkerN

On 1/17/2020 at 11:41 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

They should be given a public thrashing in front of the whole school, then sacked. That should slow a few of these sadistic scumbags down a little. There is NO excuse whatsoever for beating children.

The reason/excuse for violent or humiliating discipline in school is that it's perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour in this military ruled country. The first question most people want answered is 'did the kids deserve it?' and the only issue is that it might be a little too extreme.

Bullying is part of Thai culture. Children are so rigidly controlled - I tried to persuade my son that when doing maths it's quite acceptable to jot numbers in margins and he reacted by saying it would bring punishment upon him.

Learn to do EXACTLY what you're told. NEVER complain. Memorise the answers - never do your own research (as the 'right' answer often isn't the correct one - especially when learning 'vocabulary' in English and Thai).

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 12:38 PM, bwpage3 said:

And if you let that happen, what does that say about you?

It says you learn not to be a tall poppy because you'll just get your head cut off without improving matters.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:24 AM, ben2talk said:

It says you learn not to be a tall poppy because you'll just get your head cut off without improving matters.

So basically take care of yourself first, right?

You have no business being around kids in a school and the fact you are in Thailand as a low paid teacher pretty much says it all.

You don't want to speak up and protect these kids because you fear losing your job?

If you cannot outsmart a Thai teacher and improve matters, 

That is just disgraceful.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:03 PM, bwpage3 said:

So basically take care of yourself first, right?

You have no business being around kids in a school and the fact you are in Thailand as a low paid teacher pretty much says it all.

You don't want to speak up and protect these kids because you fear losing your job?

If you cannot outsmart a Thai teacher and improve matters,

That is just disgraceful.

Well I'm not. However, that's how it is - teachers are in no position to stand up or speak out - and yes, they generally fear losing their jobs.

It's easy to outsmart A Thai Teacher, but you can't outsmart the entire establishment which supports and covers up this kind of behaviour on a regular basis.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:49 PM, trainman34014 said:

A proper 'Psychological Study' of the majority of Thai people would end with them being thrown into Asylum's.   Violence in the Home, the School's, the University's and even some Work Places is common !

geeze.....what happened to Buddhism?.....

On 1/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, kingstonkid said:

I would like to know how many of the bleeding hearts on here have taught kids. The great problem is that the only thing that the kids react to is the threat.  A teacher can not throws student out or give them detention or extra homework the kids don't care.  Schools can not suspend a student and they can not fail. 

My question to the bleeding hearts is what would you do if a student told you to <deleted>off.

I hope, you had a vasectomy at very early age!

• Sad 1