Teachers' Day in Thailand: Yet more violence meted out to female students

webfact

On 1/18/2020 at 9:06 AM, cyril sneer said:

all the Thai people i've spoken to this say the girl is in the wrong

they also say the girl admitted wrongdoing and the matters now closed

Do they also explain what "wrongdoing" she commited, to deserve THIS KIND of punishment?

Did she kill the teachers dog?

Did she steal vast amounts of money from the school?

Did she herself beat someone else, close to being hospitalized?

No...she did leave a place a bit untidy, she was responsible to clean up, AFAIK.

Now...what would the punishment be, if she did something seriously bad?

Get her hand chopped off?

• Like 1

They did used to carry little split bamboo sticks in our local primary school, ... oh about 2 years ago now, ... not on every day, but usually all together, like all of the Teachers had then, ... on the same days. ... Like they were issued at staff meetings ! ???  ... Like very small and thin, so noting that could do ANY damage at all ... but just a threat to the Children. ... Right. ... I never saw then use them.

My Grand son used to tell me about his Teacher in the big town, and her "Finger" ... Like "The Finger" as he put it ! .... and he would wave it at me in Demonstration, ... like "The Finger" was all it took, for her to keep her class under control !!! ... (He failed grade 1 so he got sent back to the government school, and to use the words that his High school teacher said to me "Buttoui Is very smart ! and a good student, ...... When he comes" !!! ... I think he used to not go to high school, and down to the old style, commuter Games shop instead .... Hence he is a very happy laborer now. ... 

Yes the local Primary school stopped showing their little sticks over a year ago now ... like they HAVE TOTALLY STOPPED USING THEM.

I think that they did have a pretty good intelligent and Progressive headmaster ... and well, I did mention it to him, and the teachers ... even a few times ... that if they were in Australia or some other western country, they might end up in Goal, for having their little thin bamboo sticks ... But like TIT .... they just dismissed me right ..."Folang" ... and went on with their usual daily ... carry the stick some times routine for a while longer, ....  But well they must have thought about it, and discussed it, as not long after that the sticks all disappeared. ... but also a directive from the Government as well I would expect. .. and a Very Good Headmaster. ... 

Like a VERY GOOD PRIMARY School I think, ... our Local Primary school !!!

My old man never had to hit me when I was a kid. All he had to do was raise his voice when I stepped out of line and that was enough to get me back in line. 

What kept me in line at school was the threat of a call to my parents. 

I am a complete and utter pussy though. 

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:30 PM, Saint Nick said:

Do they also explain what "wrongdoing" she commited, to deserve THIS KIND of punishment?

Did she kill the teachers dog?

Did she steal vast amounts of money from the school?

Did she herself beat someone else, close to being hospitalized?

No...she did leave a place a bit untidy, she was responsible to clean up, AFAIK.

Now...what would the punishment be, if she did something seriously bad?

Get her hand chopped off?

just sounds like the perpetuation of hazing.  Can be hard to break the cycle, especially among stupid people that bow to peer pressure to the nth degree