Pattaya: Yet more adverse effects on tourism - but a "beautiful" Walking Street future awaits

webfact

I guess this an admission that Beach Road will not be finished by Feb. 2020 LOL

They have only reached the Hard Rock so far.

This Walking Street work will definitely drag into next years High Season.

Still the Avenue Guys and their project will surely be happy?

Was in Pattaya for New Years seeing  a customer who was vacationing there.  Everyone was so well mannered.  Had a great time.  Funny, the wires are not part of my memory.   The main problem, from my point of view, in Pattaya is the filth on the beach and in the sea.   If they want more tourists, allow for 60 day visa exempt.  Many of my Thai friends also moved there, as it seems to have more opportunities than Bangkok now, according to them.  It seemed freer than Bangkok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The head of the operators' association of Walking Street, South Pattaya, told Manager that proposed infrastructure work in the heart of the city's lightlife district will definitely have an adverse impact on tourism. 

What does he mean by having an adverse impact on tourism? Why do it at all?

Adverse to me means unfavourable, contrary to interests. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comments like that must mean they are really trying to kill off Pattaya once and for all. Good luck with that...................

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Adverse to me means unfavourable, contrary to interests. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Short time pain for long time gain. Adverse as in it will be a pain in the proverbial while the works are underway but long term WS will be more aesthetically pleasing.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2

This happened in lower Sukhumvit, Bangkok & we all lost our cable TV.

Cable Co " I cannot afford their ridiculous costs to use their undergound ducts &  (or) recable Sorry."

I wonder who was the lucky friend of a friend who got all the copper cable

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Couldn't care less.

Don't bother about WS for years when in Pattaya.

Turn it to a family friendly entertainment park with entrance fee.

Childcare service included.

Yes. As a resident it is the last place I go.  have not been in a couple years I think.

Why?

Many other venues and places much better to have a good time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Beach road is a mess as you head down to Walking Street right now. I hope the scope of work being executed includes reconstituting the block paving on the walkways to how it should be. Right now its an accident waiting to happen. I hope the Walking Street cable/drainage work is a lot less disruptive than Beach Road.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that operators would be affected but were steeling themselves in the knowledge that short term distress would lead to long term improvements. 

Only if the shops subside and fall into the hole... that would make an improvement.

• Like 2