Arriving no hotel booked

Hi all, My daughter is arriving with no hotel booked, bcoz she will initially stay with me but possibly go and stay in a hotel after a couple of nights. can she just put my address on arrival card and what would be the issue with TM 28/30 ?

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

She could put your address on the TM6 arrival card. 

No issue for doing it if a TM30 report is done later.

Thanks again for your Quick reply as always. So really would it matter if i forget the TM 30 and wait for her to book into a hotel ?

Edited by brianthainess

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

can she just put my address on arrival card

and what would be the issue with TM 28/30 ?

Always wondered that myself but that's all my family and friends have ever done for years, haven't got clue about the TM30 thingy never done one myself, I guess it's up to the Mrs to do that these days, although she has never done it or been told about it we're not a hotel.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Thanks again for your Quick reply as always. So really would it matter if i forget the TM 30 and wait for her to book into a hotel ?

No need to do tm30 for her.

BTW is she just visiting los? Need attend imm for i.e extension? If no need attend imm you both should do nothing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

If you fail to file a TM30 notification, you will be technically in violation of Thai law. However, it is unlikely that you would ever be pursued for this, and the worst case scenario is only an affordable fine. Unless doing the TM30 is convenient, I would be inclined just to ignore this utterly stupid regulation.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Just put any Bangkok hotel from Agoda.....I just write the one I stay for 1 night when I arrive, e.g., "Thong Ta Resort, Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok". Sometimes I have just written a hotel name and Bangkok. Dont bother with the address. It has never been queried and I doubt if ever checked unless prehaps if someone goes missing.

why not just out the op's address on the tm6, why bother with a deception

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Because officially he should report her arrival to his local immigration office just as a hotel does. and if for any obscure reason his  immigration office discovered that he did not report her they could fine him 2k thb. No risk of this if she puts a hotel on her TM6.

still would need the tm30 for his house when she moves there, you are just overthinking the tm 30 requirements, 

if no need to visit immigration then no need to do any tm30, no one checks if a tm30 is done unless you visit an office, even the smart cars don't know

fines are 800 baht or sometimes 1,600 baht, 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:01 PM, Kwasaki said:

Always wondered that myself but that's all my family and friends have ever done for years, haven't got clue about the TM30 thingy never done one myself, I guess it's up to the Mrs to do that these days, although she has never done it or been told about it we're not a hotel.

If your family and friends were visiting you as tourists, no TM30 was needed. If they are staying with you and have some business at immigration,maybe extending their stay, then a TM30 report might be needed. Even when staying with you will require a TM30 report.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Because officially he should report her arrival to his local immigration office just as a hotel does. and if for any obscure reason his  immigration office discovered that he did not report her they could fine him 2k thb. No risk of this if she puts a hotel on her TM6.

Immigration doesn't care about the address on the TM6-card. It's more of an initial address. Every time you move to another hotel they might report you. 

12 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

i never know the street address every time I have gone to thailand 14 times.  I write down flipper lodge, pattaya, and that has been about it.  

It's soi 8. Has a pool. That's about it's best aspect.

As already well covered the address on arrival card is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

It's soi 8. Has a pool. That's about it's best aspect.

As already well covered the address on arrival card is irrelevant.

eh?  I wasn't recommending the place.  Just saying I put that down on the form.  Have not stayed there since 2006 I think.  The lodge and hotel used to have good value, and specials and deala, but the "upgrades" and addition of breakfast buffet are junk.