BANGKOK
Lacessit

What's your comfort food?

On 1/17/2020 at 7:05 PM, tinca tinca said:

sounds like your a queer......eating and being naked !!!

This fellow knows queer. Well spotted indeed.

Edited by metempsychotic

On 1/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, metempsychotic said:

We differ on our interpretations of decent ham

and many other things I'm sure..........................

On 1/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, CanuckThai said:

Wow, "comfort foods".  This thread got me thinking/reminiscing/day dreaming.  The grey matter went through a full throttle self interrogation.  I love food, appreciate it, internally debate the experience: the great, the good, the bad the ugly.  I might not order it (again), but I'll eat it.

Interesting how resources drastically alter your immediate "comforts".  What's in the fridge, what's available at a local market/grocery store, what restaurants are conveniently accessible.  Back "home", comfort food was a mile high smoked meat with a half sour kosher dill, and a pile of fries (chips), or a massive medium rare rib steak, baked potato smothered in sour creme and chives with a huge Caesar salad.  Simple hamburgers and sausages on the barbecue...safe enough to eat medium rare?   A homemade caesar salad dressing made with a raw egg, fresh garlic, olive oil, an anchovie, etc...and safe to eat.  Wine...(it's a food group yes?)

Now, arriving home (LOS) from a project surrounded by beach, for hundreds of miles in all (well, 3.5/4) directions....my kingdom for simple slice of crispy cinnamon chips bacon and a fresh salad that includes some form of lettuce.  Yeah, apparently my comfort foods have temporarily changed.

...and I'm extremely thankful for the choices available locally today.  Thankful that someone long ago, tripped over a bucket of rotting fish, and grandpa Somchai's sharp smelling toes, went up the chimney with him.

Happy Friday!

You are pretty much right with all the daydreaming. It comes to availability of food at the end of the day.

I'm always in for a lot of hamburgers, sausages and barbecue. Literary available for this 24/7 and quite sure it'll fill me up.

I've also found that banana bread is comfort food to many and I have found a banana bread recipe that does not use eggs and it is just awesome.

Just in addition to this, I could eat anything spicy and chilly every day of the week.

• Like 2

Only girls eat comfort food, usually chocolate or something else that makes them fat.

I've found a new comfort food...miso soup...miso paste comes in a plastic bag from makro, simply dissolve a heaping table spoon or so in hot water from the kettle and stir a bit and et viola soup in 5mins....very comforting sorta like chicken noodle soup...garnish anyway you want, I eat it plain, I've always been a big fan of japanese food...

Gummy bears that are heavily infused with THC and CBD. There's nothing that can make be more comfortable than those. 

On 1/25/2020 at 8:29 AM, KC 71 said:

Shepherds Pie

D0677B86-23DD-4E63-B09C-F7A252F66E7C.jpeg

And HP Sauce.

👍 

2 minutes ago, roo860 said:

And HP Sauce.

👍 

👍 thinking about bringing this nxt time 😀

81B00C22-5981-45B8-81A4-7F47A7773B91.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, metempsychotic said:

We differ on our interpretations of decent ham

Agree. I thought it came on a leg, with a bone in the middle. Real ham is pink. Never heard of a pig with square legs. It looks more like badly designed beer coasters.