What's your comfort food?

Lacessit

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Stilton on thin crackers, kill me now.

Yep. Heaven. treat myself to a piece of stilton and a packet of Carrs wafer biscuits for Christmas. Washed down with a glass of Taylor's ruby port.

Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without port and stilton.

When I was a kid my Dad, being a Johnny foreigner, insisted we had Roquefort instead. Bloody foreigners.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well dude, Im sure it...um..... tastes good. But you ruined the whole warm and fuzzy feeling with the slur about GMOs, which is sad, I didnt think you swung that way.

But comfort food for me? A bowl of Kasha, some salt herring, some pickle and a bottle of vodka as I relax by the fire naked but for Bunny Boots and a Budyenny Helmet.

sounds like your a queer......eating and being naked !!!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without port and stilton.

Why do you wait for Christmas?

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

insisted we had Roquefort instead.

Was he a yank? Who else would think that. There is NO equivalent to Stilton.

Just now, SteveK said:

Why is a "Brit Man" using a word like baloney? In the UK we call it dog food.

Bologna is great. 

Half inch thick slice, grilled with onions and swiss cheese on rye with Brown spicy mustard. OMG.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Why do you wait for Christmas?

Was he a yank? Who else would think that. There is NO equivalent to Stilton.

Raised in a French colony (Morocco).

Port and Stilton is very much a Christmas thing for Brits. Traditional. Not quite the same sat in 35 C though.

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Bologna is great. 

Half inch thick slice, grilled with onions and swiss cheese on rye with Brown spicy mustard. OMG.

Nice to see your taste buds have evolved from fermented walrus flesh.

Just now, SteveK said:

Basically cover it up with so much stuff that you can't taste it.

Dude my fondest memory of kid life is standing in front of the open fridge on a hot summer day (we didnt have AC) just solving the munchies with rolled up slices of the mystery meat dipped in the open jar of the mayo.

My Mom would howl when she caught me doing that, especially if the milk carton started sweating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Nice to see your taste buds have evolved from fermented walrus flesh.

I think its called Coak, and its pretty gnarly. Not somehting I would reccomend except to be polite if you are in Barrow, AK. Whale is yummy though, especially pickled. 

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I think its called Coak, and its pretty gnarly. Not somehting I would reccomend except to be polite if you are in Barrow, AK. Whale is yummy though, especially pickled. 

But not three times a week..........................cue for song Vera!   555

Edited by stouricks

These are my downfall at the moment :

( actually a lot darker than this photo )

Khanom Babin

02772FDC-0D2C-4589-ABAC-69553B4AF258.jpeg.83ee09151fefdbe375f14e1c3a81cee1.jpeg

Have an evening market outside Big C every Tuesday, I always buy a couple of trays ( 7 in each ) and they are gone in a couple of hours.

Not to be confused with Khanom Krok which are in two halves and almost liquid in the centre. These are solid and delightfully chewy !!

Gf says they are not typical , made with no sugar or oil and people have “ mix and match “.

Is it Tuesday yet ? ????

• Like 1

Folks, I'm depressed because I had a twinging back which got worse after my usually reliable masseur tweaked it some more. Can't play golf tomorrow, and any solace offered by my GF will be on her terms.

Here is my comfort food for tonight - smoked salmon with lime juice and black pepper, spinach quiche, Swiss chocolate icecream.

IMG20200117192227.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Folks, I'm depressed because I had a twinging back which got worse after my usually reliable masseur tweaked it some more. Can't play golf tomorrow, and any solace offered by my GF will be on her terms.

Here is my comfort food for tonight - smoked salmon with lime juice and black pepper, spinach quiche, Swiss chocolate icecream.

IMG20200117192227.jpg

Hope your Ozzie mates can,t see you now! Quiche? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I guess the whale is already dead, so why not??