What's your comfort food?

Lacessit

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Folks, I'm depressed because I had a twinging back which got worse after my usually reliable masseur tweaked it some more. Can't play golf tomorrow, and any solace offered by my GF will be on her terms.

Here is my comfort food for tonight - smoked salmon with lime juice and black pepper, spinach quiche, Swiss chocolate icecream.

IMG20200117192227.jpg

Im sure the caddys over at the course are high fiving that you wont be there. I shall expect a plethora of nitpicks you perform on my otheriwise outstanding philosophical spews since you cant block your mind by hitting a ball in the sand over and over.

That being said, Id be right across from you eating that appetizer.  do you drink the bottle as the pre appetizer or do you pour a shot, add a piece of salmon, quiche and ice cream and then chug it down?

Whats the soup and main? Dessert? 

Edited by Nyezhov

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

just arrived.........

bancon.jpg

I dont want to be a negative nanny, but lose that horrible brown sauce. Mayo. Slice of cheese. Tomato. Lightly grilled. Two please.

Im  glad you and the Britster posted pics of real tea to settle the subject. Milk and sugar, thanks!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im sure the caddys over at the course are high fiving that you wont be there. I shall expect a plethora of nitpicks you perform on my otheriwise outstanding philosophical spews since you cant block your mind by hitting a ball in the sand over and over.

That being said, Id be right across from you eating that appetizer.  do you drink the bottle as the pre appetizer or do you pour a shot, add a piece of salmon, quiche and ice cream and then chug it down?

Whats the soup and main? Dessert? 

Still depressed, so this has been added to dessert. On the rare occasions I get in the sand, I escape in one stroke.

IMG20200117194417.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If anyones is interested/curious, thats Bacon from Makro @ 265b kg pk, and Tesco finest breakfast Tea bags @175b a box.

I'm using the Tesco Original tea bags @115bht for 80.

I use each bag 4x. (320 mugs of tea for 115bht)

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

We have a music topic in the Pub of "whats playing" may be we should have a

"what you eating now" ????

I nominate Nyezhov as a moderator for the topic, as IMO there is very little on the planet he has not eaten at one time or another.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If anyones is interested/curious, thats Bacon from Makro @ 265b kg pk, and Tesco finest breakfast Tea bags @175b a box.

My problem with a kilo of bacon is that it seems to go in one sitting......oh my god here it comes.....gaaaaaaak, urp....*SCREAMING*

LIVERMUSH OR SCRAPPLE WITH A FRIED EGG AND CHEESE ON TOAST

MATZOH OR PILOT BREAD WITH WHIPPED BUTTER

PASTA FAZOOL WITH BANANA PEPPERS

A BAKED SPUD

LAMB STEW

STEAMED SOFT SHELL CLAMS

CHICKEN PARMAGIAN

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Try to eat bacon less than I’d like to !!

Making do with a toasted tuna sandwich and a jasmine green tea .

511D8C76-2A23-44D1-9E1C-6A5E96165351.thumb.jpeg.f50220a9533058dd2e80044a02700efe.jpeg

Gf is dissecting some fish head to scrape out some imaginary meat to eat ????

Looks like the tuna has been toasted more than the bread.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

We have a music topic in the Pub of "whats playing" may be we should have a

"what you eating now" ????

You also need a Classic One Liners thread where they can be memorialized in one place for eternity. There is some strange stuff generated here.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I use each bag 4x. (320 mugs of tea for 115bht)

Really. I was told ya couldnt get a good cuppa out of it more than once.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Gf is dissecting some fish head to scrape out some imaginary meat to eat

Stuffs good. Brains and things. I squeeze the greasy contents of grilled Goong heads on my rice.

Kani Miso as they say in japan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You also need a Classic One Liners thread where they can be memorialized in one place for eternity. There is some strange stuff generated here.

Nearly choked on my brownie when I read that. Coming from you, that's classic in itself.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

ewwwwww. That sounds gross. Canned Tuna was built for mayo

Yup, it wasn’t great but I ran out of salad cream except for some blue cheese dressing that certainly wouldn’t work !!

Don’t like Mayo, never have, my dad always put Hellman’s Mayo on tuna .

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

If it's good enough for the Japanese, it's good enough for me.

I just whip the bag out when the water reaches the right colour.

https://japanesegreenteashops.com/pages/brewing-japanese-green-tea-how-the-japanese-really-brew-tea-at-home

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

We actually get two, I have the first (stronger) and Mrs has the second (as she likes it less strong) and thats it, 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Bacon & Tea is gone, here's the next course...55555.......Coconut sticky rice and fresh chilled Mango....dribbling already...5555

IMG_20200117_200824.jpg

I personally like the fact that you guys use plates and suchlike. I eat right out of bags and containers. The mango is even nicely arranged. Im so degraded compared to you guys ???? Im so alone.

Im depressed. Seriously.   ????

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

probably because its dry and gross. Good moist Brownies are best eaten straight out of the oven.

Nah, Judy's Brownies are very good, and only 45 baht. Stop trying to wriggle out from under. Admit it, you pontificating about strange stuff is like Oral Roberts decrying plate collections.

Just now, Nyezhov said:

I personally like the fact that you guys use plates and suchlike. I eat right out of bags and containers. The mango is even nicely arranged. Im so degraded compared to you guys ????

Do you own a knife, fork and spoon?

I personally like the fact that you guys use plates and suchlike. I eat right out of bags and containers. The mango is even nicely arranged. Im so degraded compared to you guys ???? Im so alone.

and thats why we have Thai wives, they take great care of us !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1