What's your comfort food?

Lacessit

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Ive heard many raving about them so purchased one, I can only assume they are better cold than hot !!

Myself and my antipodean friends differ on the description of Corned Beef, it comes in a tin with a lot of fat around it and is delicious, not so keen on the Aussie sliced version, but hey back in the 50's it was great ???? 

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If it's good enough for the Japanese, it's good enough for me.

I just whip the bag out when the water reaches the right colour.

https://japanesegreenteashops.com/pages/brewing-japanese-green-tea-how-the-japanese-really-brew-tea-at-home

I made the mistake of saying I liked tea when working in Japan some years ago, the electrical manager took me and a colleague to his house where his wife did the “ tea ceremony “.

It was luminous green and tasted like grass !!, had to drink it with 3 loudly audible slurps to be polite, all this while his 8 year old daughter showed us how good she was on the piano ( she wasn’t ).

Happy memories !!

am I rambling again ??

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Not funny you bully. And yes I do, one of each that is riveted together so I can keep it in my backpack.

No home. Rental units. Live out of a backpack on two continents. Eat furtively out of containers. No love other than transient, fleeting, paid encounters. This topic is depressing. Folks with wives and gfs showing off nicely arranged yummy food, whilst I open a can, as long as it is a pop top and eat naked here in front of my computer watching reruns of I Love Lucy. Sad. So sad. I dont even have a used Tea bag.????

Focus on the bright side. Our dishwashers are expensive to maintain.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Not funny you bully. And yes I do, one of each that is riveted together so I can keep it in my backpack.

No home. Rental units. Live out of a backpack on two continents. Eat furtively out of containers. No love other than transient, fleeting, paid encounters. This topic is depressing. Folks with wives and gfs showing off nicely arranged yummy food, whilst I open a can, as long as it is a pop top and eat naked here in front of my computer watching reruns of I Love Lucy. Sad. So sad. I dont even have a used Tea bag.????

Order a takeaway from TF. Send her out for some tea bags, make you a brew and she'll cut your nails when you're  drinking it. Works for me.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

The urge to throw in a “ teabagging “ joke is tempting.

But as you are a little delicate at the moment I’ll resist .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Myself and my antipodean friends differ on the description of Corned Beef, it comes in a tin with a lot of fat around it and is delicious, not so keen on the Aussie sliced version, but hey back in the 50's it was great ???? 

haha, had to go back and read the post I was qouting... I missed the corned beef part and thought the post was about those disgusting fray bento pie things.

I do love me some corned beef though and used to make my own until I discovered BigC sold it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIHKKlpwgrEjNJ7WnjyS4

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Focus on the bright side. Our dishwashers are expensive to maintain.

Yeah...I snapped out of it. I ordered up a Pizza and a young lady, when shes gone im gonna lay sideways across the bed with one sock on, eat pizza, watch hockey on you tube till 4am and fart. And I just emailed my bud to try to get me a Caviar on Black 2019 Lexus LC500 with the sport package and now Im gonna wait for my food and fun by looking at wheels, wraps, and LIDAR shifters. And I just edited a pic! Which has nothing to do with this topic but is a nice pic! Thanks for being so caring, I dont need a woman when I have someone as sweet and maternal as you. You are even old enough to be a caring grandma.

Surin2019 (871).jpg

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

whilst I open a can, as long as it is a pop top and eat naked here in front of my computer watching reruns of I Love Lucy.

Lucy always gave us a hint of the future that we totally ignored.

She always called the guy 'Mr Money', we should have listened more carefully to that show.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for being so caring, I dont need a woman when I have some as sweet and maternal as you. You are even old enough to be a caring grandma.

Surin2019 (871).jpg

T.hat's a backhand worthy of Federer or Nadal

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

I would pay 500 baht (£12.60) for this in an absolute heartbeat:

800px-Fish_and_chips_blackpool.jpg

Just knocked my puter flying trying to get to that. I could pic up that bad battered boy and fist slam it into my mouth in one piece. But where is the Tartar Sauce and Slaw. And the beer?

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

It was luminous green and tasted like grass !!, had to drink it with 3 loudly audible slurps to be polite, all this while his 8 year old daughter showed us how good she was on the piano ( she wasn’t ).

You got me to thinking about grass (ran out) and green tea (have).

So I've just put some green tea in my pipe and smoked it.

Tasted of tea, definitely had some effect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SteveK said:

Fish and chip shop, most UK towns have loads of them.

Can remember having something like that in Scarborough, UK with mushy peas thrown in.

Thought you had found a place in Thailand, hope destroyed.

Fish and chip shop, most UK towns have loads of them.

We used to have Friday (polish/Italian catholic) Fish Fries all over the bars and restaurants in Buffalo NY in the 80s, fillet of Walleye Pike out of Lake Erie, all you can eat, beer battered, damn, $5.99.

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Or what about about one of these bad boys, available almost everywhere in the UK for 3-4 pounds:

lamb kebab.jpg

Seen these cropping up around where I live recently, at the local market.

Usually got a couple of mystery meats on the go ( dark and light ) ????

• Like 1

Or what about about one of these bad boys, available almost everywhere in the UK for 3-4 pounds:

lamb kebab.jpg

Oh my god.......that makes me think of...

GREEK OMELET (Feta). 

Im on the floor twitching.

BRB in 2 minutes my girl is here for EST (extremely short time).

WAIT, WAIT are there an Schvietzers here......????? WAIT HERE IT COMES>>>>>

• Like 2

We used to have Friday (polish/Italian catholic) Fish Fries all over the bars and restaurants in Buffalo NY in the 80s, fillet of Walleye Pike out of Lake Erie, all you can eat, beer battered, damn, $5.99.

Spent a wonderful summer in Chippewa Falls working with about 10 colleagues back in early 2000’s .

Friday Fish Fry was never missed !!

Those American portions were tremendous !!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Seen these cropping up around where I live recently, at the local market.

Usually got a couple of mystery meats on the go ( dark and light ) ????

I admire the way some people can look ptomaine in the eye without flinching.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Spent a wonderful summer in Chippewa Falls working with about 10 colleagues back in early 2000’s .

Friday Fish Fry was never missed !!

Those American portions were tremendous !!

Yeah and it was fresh Lake fish too.