What's your comfort food?

Lacessit

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Those American portions were tremendous !!

I had some baked scrod in Norwalk, Connecticut once. Delicious, but I could only eat a third of it. And Americans wonder why they get to be on the wrong side of the scales.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I had some baked scrod in Norwalk, Connecticut once. Delicious, but I could only eat a third of it. And Americans wonder why they get to be on the wrong side of the scales.

There’s a coincidence, the company I worked for had its American office in Norwalk .

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Fish isnt fattening when its baked. But hey, Im fat and will keel over when the cosmic scales peel off a clot. You are thin and will keel over when you get hit with a golf ball by a Japanese guy behind you, its your cosmic scale.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Dammit, it's been spoiled with gravy. Hot English mustard, man.

Horseradish and AU JUS. And where is the rib bones? The best part about a roast is when you pick up that bone with a few shreds left and just start ripping and gnarlycrunching on it so that those pieces of fat hang in your 'stash and your cheeks glisten with fat. Dear Lord, how can one not see that that is one of the greatest things in the culinary universe, I can't beleive  my Mom leaves the table when I grab that bone and start schmearing and that other diners avert their eyes.

Edited by Nyezhov

Fastfood at home:

Man Frang Tod kab Majo.

Friet ! Not those silly McDonald style French Fries, but real fat Belgium style fried potato slices with a good smack of creamy mayo (not those salty french Mayonaise which is just good for salads)

Sometimes generous, with chicken and applesauce.

" Kip, Patat en Appelmoes! ????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoyable food at home, which take a bit more time: one or two of those

* Pie (classic style) stuffed with leftovers and grated cheese

* Tomatosoup with sour creme

* Burger, with vegs and ceddar cheese.

* Beef stew with mashed potatoes and short cooked broccoli and peper cream sauce.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And enjoyable food at home which has short preparation and cooking time:

* Spaghetti bolognese kept simple just three ingredients

* Omelette (farm style) with mushroom, tomatos and onions. (on bread)

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Horseradish and AU JUS. And where is the rib bones? The best part about a roast is when you pick up that bone with a few shreds left and just start ripping and gnarlycrunching on it so that those pieces of fat hang in your 'stash and your cheeks glisten with fat. Dear Lord, how can one not see that that is one of the greatest things in the culinary universe, I can't beleive that my Mom leaves the table when I do that and that other diners avert their eyes.

The greatest thing in the culinary universe is proper, strong English mustard. The Yanks water it down with mayonnaise and other garbage, and make it into what is basically yellow salad cream which should be a crime. Sounds like you have more concerns in your life from your words, so let me just say this: English mustard is the absolute God condiment and if you don't like it then don't eat it, please don't dilute it into various iterations of mayo which all taste like greasy, oily, flavour-less garbage. What's the point in having a distinctive, strong and sensational flavour if it's just going to be diluted and pumped into plastic bottles for $2 a pop?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Fish isnt fattening when its baked. But hey, Im fat and will keel over when the cosmic scales peel off a clot. You are thin and will keel over when you get hit with a golf ball by a Japanese guy behind you, its your cosmic scale.

Are you kidding? I'm 90 kg. No way I am thin.

I can recall a time in Pittsburgh having a hotel meal and ordering roast beef. Damn thing was the size of a large loaf of bread.

No, I feel I will cark it from choking on a coffee while reading one of your more vivid excoriations of one of my points of view.

How's the girl, or are you back to the hockey game already?

8 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

And enjoyable food at home which has short preparation and cooking time:

* Spaghetti bolognese kept simple just three ingredients

* Omelette (farm style) with mushroom, tomatos and onions. (on bread)

My GF does those, plus mussuman curry. Why cook it yourself if someone is happy to cook it for you?

Are you kidding? I'm 90 kg. No way I am thin.

I can recall a time in Pittsburgh having a hotel meal and ordering roast beef. Damn thing was the size of a large loaf of bread.

No, I feel I will cark it from choking on a coffee while reading one of your more vivid excoriations of one of my points of view.

How's the girl, or are you back to the hockey game already?

Done. Now Im organizing memory cards and batteries and getting the hockey clips ready. 

Everything in Amnerica is big. Feel safe under our umbrella of national greatness. Truth. Justice. The American Way.

Supersize Us US!

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Done. Now Im organizing memory cards and batteries and getting the hockey clips ready. 

Everything in Amnerica is big. Feel safe under our umbrella of national greatness. Truth. Justice. The American Way.

Supersize Us US!

Feel safe under your umbrella? Every time I went into one of your department stores, I was torn between worrying about a random mass shooter, and the more immediate danger of being squashed against a counter by a bevy of the mastodons you call women during a store sale.

Done? That's all you have to say? Posters on this thread want pictures.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Supersize Us US!

First time I visited the US ( north of Albany ) me and another were delayed big time and arrived too late to eat .

Next morning at breakfast we were starving so ordered the Lumberjack Special !!

Left the table ashamed at how much was still left !! ????

6 minutes ago, SteveK said:

The greatest thing in the culinary universe is proper, strong English mustard. The Yanks water it down with mayonnaise and other garbage, and make it into what is basically yellow salad cream which should be a crime. Sounds like you have more concerns in your life from your words, so let me just say this: English mustard is the absolute God condiment and if you don't like it then don't eat it, please don't dilute it into various iterations of mayo which all taste like greasy, oily, flavour-less garbage. What's the point in having a distinctive, strong and sensational flavour if it's just going to be diluted and pumped into plastic bottles for $2 a pop?

Dude where do you live where you only have one choice of Mustard? Hell, in Alaska I had the choice of like 20 mustards, from Fake Poupon to Real French Poupon, stuff with the British flag on the front for $9.99, Yellow, Golden, Wisonsin, Stone Ground, big jars, little jars, plastic squeezers. Nobody I know mixes "proper" English Mustard into some abortion of a yellow salad cream? Yuck. You CAN, but are not obligated to add a spoonful of Yellow to Potato salad for a hint of tanginess, but your evaluation of my mustard habits are far off base. 

And I will note. Yellow Mustard is for BOILED HOT DOGS. You need brown for Brats and grilled, or even a poupon. Proper English and Stone grounds are for Ham sammies or salmon.

And who would kill a fine roast with mustard? Only a food Philistine who seeks to flavour tasteless beef? And why are you positng pics of rare beef when everyone knows Poms prefer it grayish brown.

I had hopes for you when you brought up Stilton but I see I was mistaken.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

bevy of the mastodons you call women during a store sale.

You been to Newcastle recently?

You just dont find fat chicks in Oshkosh

Done? That's all you have to say? Posters on this thread want pictures.

I bet YOU do ????

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Lumberjack Special

Thats a Canadian thing. Three Over Easy Eggs, Three Sourdough Toast, Three Pancakes, three rashers of bacon, three pork sausages, home fries, coffee, OJ and Tums.

In the Southern USA, trade the home fries for buttered grits and the toast for Biscuits in Gravy.

And dont forget Livermush (NC), Scrapple (PA and WV) to be added and subtracted as needed, or......

THREE OVER EASYS OVER CORN BEEF HASH.

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude where do you live where you only have one choice of Mustard? Hell, in Alaska I had the choice of like 20 mustards, from Fake Poupon to Real French Poupon, stuff with the British flag on the front for $9.99, Yellow, Golden, Wisonsin, Stone Ground, big jars, little jars, plastic squeezers. Nobody I know mixes "proper" English Mustard into some abortion of a yellow salad cream? Yuck. You CAN, but are not obligated to add a spoonful of Yellow to Potato salad for a hint of tanginess, but your evaluation of my mustard habits are far off base. 

And I will note. Yellow Mustard is for BOILED HOT DOGS. You need brown for Brats and grilled, or even a poupon. Proper English and Stone grounds are for Ham sammies or salmon.

And who would kill a fine roast with mustard? Only a food Philistine who seeks to flavour tasteless beef? And why are you positng pics of rare beef when everyone knows Poms prefer it grayish brown.

I had hopes for you when you brought up Stilton but I see I was mistaken.

The yellow mustard that is put on boiled hot dogs is some weird blend of clag, yellow dye, and a bit of vinegar as far as I can make out. It's as far removed from hot English mustard as a Chevrolet Corvair is from a Lamborghini.

"grayish brown"? You really do have an unkind streak, don't you. Or are you typically post-coital?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats a Canadian thing. Three Over Easy Eggs, Three Sourdough Toast, Three Pancakes, three rashers of bacon, three pork sausages, home fries, coffee, OJ and Tums.

In the Southern USA, trade the home fries for buttered grits and the toast for Biscuits in Gravy.

And dont forget Livermush (NC), Scrapple (PA and WV) to be added and subtracted as needed, or......

THREE OVER EASYS OVER CORN BEEF HASH.

Was my first time and I was hungry !!

Learned a big lesson that day !

Tums would have been a good idea .

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

The yellow mustard that is put on boiled hot dogs is some weird blend of clag, yellow dye, and a bit of vinegar as far as I can make out.

Oh no dude, its not. Im shocked you cant even google Guldens Yellow Mustard. And it belongs on hot dogs. Not hot english mustard, which is a unique condiment formulated as a response to overcooked food and bad weather.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

grayish brown"? You really do have an unkind streak, don't you. Or are you typically post-coital?

Of all people.... coming from you, the scourge of scousers and the defender of Aussie Honour against the hated Pom, I simply laugh HAR HAR HAR HAR. And after  All the times you have put the Wellies to some poor Brit because of that Aussie Freudian thing with Blighty. Ha! Ha I say! You are talking about me being unkind because I point out the inadequacies of British "Cuisine", when you are here warbling about the virtues of canned Roo and Vegemite? You clearly are joshing or are typically uncoital. GF cut you off tonight cuz you gurgled that bottle you posted earlier? Oyyyyyyy, no old man! No! Tired, too much wash your clothes! Smell like Sangsom! Go away!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My GF does those, plus mussuman curry. Why cook it yourself if someone is happy to cook it for you?

Wifey can't tell when the pasta is near done. It is always: papaaa cook sapagetti naaa

She is happy when papa cook, and she like eat it.

Our mom cooked musaman last week just for me.

Missus don't like to eat the potatoes.

Omelette she does for me, with onions only. Tomatoes they don't eat, not even from the somtum.

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Oh no dude, its not. Im shocked you cant even google Guldens Yellow Mustard. And it belongs on hot dogs. Not hot english mustard, which is a unique condiment formulated as a response to overcooked food and bad weather.

Of all people.... coming from you, the scourge of scousers and the defender of Aussie Honour against the hated Pom, I simply laugh HAR HAR HAR HAR. And after  All the times you have put the Wellies to some poor Brit because of that Aussie Freudian thing with Blighty. Ha! Ha I say! You are talking about me being unkind because I point out the inadequacies of British "Cuisine", when you are here warbling about the virtues of canned Roo and Vegemite? You clearly are joshing or are typically uncoital. GF cut you off tonight cuz you gurgled that bottle you posted earlier? Oyyyyyyy, no old man! No! Tired, too much wash your clothes! Smell like Sangsom! Go away!

I like to spread some kindness around sometimes to the less fortunate. Brits and Yanks go in and out of that spectrum.

I can honestly say my GF has never ever cut me off. Not in her nature. Although I may be uncoital, due to my back problems and her departure to her village this morning, to prepare for the arrival of the love of her life/ATM.

Roo is only canned when it is made into pet food. Corned roo is made on the stations at the point of origin, and mostly consumed there. But I forgot, you're dyslexic and perhaps the two adjectives got confused. I notice you have no problem with the Vegemite noun.

Have a nice night, it's beddy-bye time for me.

• Thanks 1