What's your comfort food?

Lacessit

On 1/17/2020 at 1:22 PM, BritManToo said:

I like peanut and chocolate oatmeal cookies (I put pomegranate and blueberry granola in these).

Lucky me, that they cost almost nothing to make, almost gone now.

Very crunchy, so no good for your teeth Lacy.

IMG_20191230_125056 (1).jpg

Please give me the receipe 

Part of breakfast this morning - raisin toast with strawberry jam from the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia.

The Royal Honey is supposed to be good for my wing-wang, the jury is still out. You know us older guys, we like to keep up.

IMG20200118075915.jpg

On 1/17/2020 at 12:57 PM, Speedo1968 said:

All my foods are comfort foods !
Why ?  

I am grateful and lucky that I not only have food to eat and that I also have a choice and that my choice has been vegan for 50 of my many years.

Another Non -Quiet Vegan 

• Haha 2

On 1/17/2020 at 2:12 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My Thai wife never ate pizza before on her own. But once we were together I ordered decent pizza for home (not Pizza Co mayonnaise covered garbage), and the real thing is now HER favorite comfort food.... besides som tam!  

I can’t get my gf off pizza company if the pizza has any char she hates it

• Haha 2

Probably a good home made beef stew on a cold winter day, just like today here in Joisey where it is about to start snowing.  Greek pasticio a close second.  Actually Greek Egg and lemon soup may trump those.  It's a tough call.

But now having lived in Florida and California and spending much time in Thailand, all those warm places, I think just some simple shrimp fried rice with a watermelon shake at KISS comes to mind.  Sitting there on holiday, warm weather, pretty girls walking around, fresh cooked food.  quite pleasurable

gots to have me some ob dat meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy with plenty ob cornbread...

grandma quit listenin' to me after awhile and alternated with southern fried chicken with green beans and hog jowl...

'tutsi! come over here and get yer supper, won't be no ice cream until ye finish it!...'

11 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Another Non -Quiet Vegan 

Perhaps you should take more note of the first part of my response - "I am grateful and lucky that I not only have food to eat and that I also have a choice" .

The fact that that happens to be vegan, or vegetarian or any other form of diet is a bonus because there is a choice in those who are lucky enough to have a choice.

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Ham sandwiches are probably one of my favourites.

This is peppered ham & Hellman's mayonnaise.

Delicious!

IMG20200119094807.jpg

The bread, big tick. Ham is good, tick. However, needs to be twice the thickness. Mayonnaise? That's like chocolate syrup on roast beef.

• Like 1

Some very, er, "interesting", food combinations here, some possibly worth trying (after an evening on acid).

I'm a pretty conventional Brit, fried fish in batter, chunky chips and mushy peas is my go to.

Now if only I could get pea-fritters to work without them turning into fried peas ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Never tried that with beef; is it nice?

Are you British? I have this theory there is a secret government agency that removes their taste buds at birth. Strike that. You sound like American. Using the brand name for the mayo is a good clue.

Edited by Lacessit