Hifi repairs and second-hand sales

Encid

Mods, please do not move this topic to the AV forum as it is specifically Pattaya related and I am looking for local advice.

I have recently upgraded my home theater system including TV and 7:2 AV receiver.

I am now very happy with 4K video and Dolby Atmos and DTS:X technology.

As a result I now want to sell my old receiver which is still in good working condition but will not play 4K video and will not decode the latest Dolby sound systems.

It is a mid-range Harmon Kardon 7:2 receiver which can handle full HD 1080p video and supports Dolby True-HD, Prologic II, and DTS.

It has 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output.

Is there anywhere in Pattaya that buys/sells second hand hifi equipment?

On a second issue I have 2 Blu-ray disc players that have problems and I would like to get them repaired if possible.

The first is an Oppo player that turns on but the disc tray will not open or eject. I still have an original DVD stuck inside. It would be nice to get it working again.

The second is a Pioneer player that wont turn on anymore. Similarly, it would be nice to get it working again too.

Is there anywhere in Pattaya that repairs hifi equipment?

I have sold 3 sets of speakers and 2 amps using facebook marketplace, I have also sold an oven, espresso machine and a wine fridge.

No sale ever took more than 6 days and most were completed in 2.

If you cant speak basic thai on the phone I wouldnt bother though.

Similarly i have an Onkyo Home Cinema Receiver which was working fine then suddenly cut out, no power. It is only 3 years old so i don't want to just throw it away but it's too heavy to post anywhere like Bangkok for repairs. So i am looking for any local repair shops in Pattaya. Will look at that one opposite Friendship.

Or willing to take offers from any one with electrical knowledge who may want to fix it.

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Similarly i have an Onkyo Home Cinema Receiver which was working fine then suddenly cut out, no power. It is only 3 years old so i don't want to just throw it away but it's too heavy to post anywhere like Bangkok for repairs. So i am looking for any local repair shops in Pattaya. Will look at that one opposite Friendship.

Or willing to take offers from any one with electrical knowledge who may want to fix it.

From memory it is about 50 meters toward third road. I hope they are still doing business.

The problem with most steam irons is a buildup of minerals from the water, blocking the steam vent and making that noise you describe. Try emptying out the water and putting white vinegar into it. Let it sit overnight, and from now on use only distilled water in it. If that does not owrk, chuck your broken one and get buy with a less expensive new one. Buying a 17,000 baht iron here might do things for your ego, but it's silly. Try a Phillips or some other name brand.

16 minutes ago, ehs818 said:

The problem with most steam irons is a buildup of minerals from the water, blocking the steam vent and making that noise you describe. Try emptying out the water and putting white vinegar into it. Let it sit overnight, and from now on use only distilled water in it. If that does not owrk, chuck your broken one and get buy with a less expensive new one. Buying a 17,000 baht iron here might do things for your ego, but it's silly. Try a Phillips or some other name brand.

I think you may have replied to the wrong thread?

Not sure about now but in the past some irons specifically did not want you to use distilled water and some (mainly Tefal a long time ago) insisted on it.

The expensive steam generator ironing systems though are more for a laundry type business or home use with a huge amount of ironing to do - I don't think it is anything to do with ego............