Dissolution of Future Forward 'will bring clash of generations'

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Future Forward Party (FWP) secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul has warned of a clash of generations if the party were to be dissolved.

is the army, yes the army, That Stupid ?, answer may very well be: Yes; leadership here is beyond pathetic; if party dissolved, then welcome back ratchaprasong ; army steps in; rinse and repeat

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, neeray said:

Dismantling of FFP would be just a little too obvious. I hold my breath in anticipation of 21 January.

The usurpers think they are invincible. And it does look like they are. Apart from a few runners and FFP, resistance is non-existent. For anything to happen, maibpenrai must die. Subservience is too embedded in the sakdina for that to happen.

• Like 1

Just look at the television right now that is  on every Channel. It is a show of power of the military and police assembled for the first time ever for allegiance to the King. Gonna have fly overs and ground vehicle drive by’s as well. New armored transports shown in the parade? Probably. But never before have had this the announcer said. All in military field gear, not dress ups. Why do you think this is happening now right on this day, right before next week? Is it a coincidence? Interesting. 

• Like 1

I only hope that when change comes the Ordinary people who are the majority end up  better off than they are now.  The so called elites need to be taken down a peg or two and The army needs to be confined to barracks unless the county is under attack from a foreign force.  

Edited by Grumpy John
Smeling
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rhyddid said:

Better political system means another arrogant business tycoon turned politician in order to profit more greedily on his own businesses  ?

Is this the so called democracy ? Not enough of copycat Thaksin tycoons greedily assaulting politics.

The present government for sure its not the best, but trying to promote local initiative, reduce the gap from poor and riches , fighting against pollution and plastic, legalizing cannabis and kratom as natural medicines, increased the minimum salary level, i could go on for another good page.

Consider the "generals"  took over the "Shinawatra Mandarinate" which has been a huge index of corruption increase at all levels, we never seen so much arrogant corruption as during the "Shin Dinasty" management, have we forgot all the scandals until the saga of rice scheme, where state "tax payers" lost billions and rice was rotting at the depot as was to expensive to be purchased by anyone, them the "Shin" dark government days make Thailand lost the supremacy in rice export

Honestly watching Thailand politics since 1990, i do not recall a better government, but of course they do not pay 1000THb per day to protest or 5000THB for a vote, so several feel unhappy.

I am not pro this government, but a clear analysis show they are among if not the best Administration since the 80s and 90s .

Meanwhile, back on planet earth...

Is that you steven100? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rhyddid said:

Better political system means another arrogant business tycoon turned politician in order to profit more greedily on his own businesses  ?

Is this the so called democracy ? Not enough of copycat Thaksin tycoons greedily assaulting politics.

The present government for sure its not the best, but trying to promote local initiative, reduce the gap from poor and riches , fighting against pollution and plastic, legalizing cannabis and kratom as natural medicines, increased the minimum salary level, i could go on for another good page.

Consider the "generals"  took over the "Shinawatra Mandarinate" which has been a huge index of corruption increase at all levels, we never seen so much arrogant corruption as during the "Shin Dinasty" management, have we forgot all the scandals until the saga of rice scheme, where state "tax payers" lost billions and rice was rotting at the depot as was to expensive to be purchased by anyone, them the "Shin" dark government days make Thailand lost the supremacy in rice export

Honestly watching Thailand politics since 1990, i do not recall a better government, but of course they do not pay 1000THb per day to protest or 5000THB for a vote, so several feel unhappy.

I am not pro this government, but a clear analysis show they are among if not the best Administration since the 80s and 90s .

Quite true, which shows the calibre of the upper echelons of Thai society and the lower end.  It is me, me , me - those at the top can take and those at the bottom demand free money money for everything.  Remember, there is nothing government can give you that it has not taken from you in the first place.  But it takes from those in the middle to give to those at either end.

IMHO despite having so much on its place and apparently so few competent people the government should take a few real and symbolic measures each year and enforce them.  The three I would propose for 2020:

Competition law banning all monopolies and cartels with forced divestiture or public auction- with teeth and that overrides all other previous laws

Reducing number of flag officers by half

Banning any serving military and police officer from working in business, even as non-executive, or serving in any other public function that is remunerated.

The best way to show seriousness is to tackle one's own supporters first.

• Confused 1

Those people at the top really are a bunch of backwards dinosaurs. In their attempt to hold on to power, using the one institute as their weapon,  they are only diminishing support for Prayut and like minded angry, corrupt fellows. It even harms the very family that FFP is accused of wishing to topple over.

Ordinary people really seem to have bad enough of dinosaurs at the top, the climate is changing, even Thais that I only met minutes ago speak their mind to be how they feel about those at the top. 

Disbanding FFP won't put the genie back in the bottle,  and all we can blame are the dinosaurs that are unwilling to cooperate and apply basic democratic values.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rhyddid said:

Actually if you look at the facts/statistics then the corruption have increased since 2014.  The year since 2014 that had the lowest recorded corruption equals the year with the highest recorded corruption under the shinawatras. 

Edited by Okis
  • Sad 1

On 1/18/2020 at 4:54 PM, neeray said:

Dismantling of FFP would be just a little too obvious. I hold my breath in anticipation of 21 January.

I'd like to think the same but I doubt it, my suspicion is that P thinks he can get away with whatever he wants and is entitled to do so.

Unfortunately I suspect 'they' will go ahead and ban FF and even punish Khun Thanathorn. 

We wait and see.

Let's also not forget that the gov't., relies on some 7 tenous parties including many who are there for their own corrupt agenda's and in total numbers in the house they are always on the tipping point that the whole circus could collapse. I hope it does, and soon. 

Edited by scorecard