Netizens slam govt for appointing MP facing charges as NACC member

webfact

its just land encroachment. Its not seen as a big thing unless been able to be blown up in the media. Perhaps not to many people realize that when a new government might be elected thais believe land is up for grabs and they take it! Happened behind my house twice and only this time my wife and i stopped it or atleast got them to stop for now. Its now in the governments hands. No one has been arrested, fined or anything and have actually been allowed to farm atleast one crop because they put in the effort i guess... I really dont understand the mentality of these imoral greedy pigs. This women should be in prison or at the very least be stripped of her job for abusing it.

That said all the officials in my area have taken and sold land like this that isnt theirs to sell. I bought 6rai from the mayor and family of that is totally illegal. Didnt know that when buying though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

its just land encroachment. Its not seen as a big thing unless been able to be blown up in the media. Perhaps not to many people realize that when a new government might be elected thais believe land is up for grabs and they take it! Happened behind my house twice and only this time my wife and i stopped it or atleast got them to stop for now. Its now in the governments hands. No one has been arrested, fined or anything and have actually been allowed to farm atleast one crop because they put in the effort i guess... I really dont understand the mentality of these imoral greedy pigs. This women should be in prison or at the very least be stripped of her job for abusing it.

That said all the officials in my area have taken and sold land like this that isnt theirs to sell. I bought 6rai from the mayor and family of that is totally illegal. Didnt know that when buying though.

Know people who were arrested for the same so it is illegal I suppose it depends how you got it and how much land, she had 600 Rai.

7 hours ago, Grossman said:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/01/17/parina-appointed-to-anti-graft-committee-netizens-gobsmacked/

Hmm.. Some news state that she was appointed to the House Anti-Corruption committee, which is a farce by itself, but did they really get this c**t into the NACC as a commissioner too??? 

This is pure bs. 

They select people like her since they have hands on experience. ????

1 hour ago, Donutz said:

They select people like her since they have hands on experience. ????

And/or because there's a very limited number of folks in their ranks who have proven publicly that they are capable, ethical & moral, follow democratic principles and are upstanding and respected by both professional folks and the Thai public. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nepotism is the daily act of this government.  Kill the opposition another. Make the press just a mouthpiece of the government a d protect all those who misuse the power they have!

That's the thai way of democracy!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Wongthanong Chainarong-singha, founder of “The Standard” posted on his Twitter account that choosing a corrupt politician to be a commissioner of the NACC is the government’s most disrespectful act towards Thai people

I find the above offensive as it implies a "singular" act... I would tip the scale in the majority of politicians are corrupt in one way or another!

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Hello, they already have a drugs smuggler as an MP.  He was convicted in Australia, but they say as it wasn't in Thailand, it does not count against him.  This Government is so, so corrupt!

So why then does Thailand bar visas to foreigners who have criminal etc., history but not in Thailand?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Hello, they already have a drugs smuggler as an MP.  He was convicted in Australia, but they say as it wasn't in Thailand, it does not count against him.  This Government is so, so corrupt!

Fairly certain the post was "tongue in cheek".

On 1/17/2020 at 3:07 PM, PatOngo said:

Just picture if they had a heroin smuggler in their ranks! You'd expect there'd be a major outcry by Thai netizens! 

You beat me too it ???? those two should team up-get a couple yabba addicts in there for good measure 

Might be my attention span that's been degrading over the years, but I still kinda missed whether she was appointed as a NACC commissioner or a member of the house anti-corruption committee or .. both? Not that it would really matter given the whole NACC is rotten to the core to begin with, but isn't it quite convenient that (given she was indeed appointed to NACC) the same foul organization is investigating the case of land belonging to certain wrong people..

Oh my, and I gave way too much credit here; Replace all instances of "she" above with "it".