American Town Rejects Plans For Solar Farm Because Of Fears It Will Suck Up All The Sunlight

Crossy

They really do walk among us ????

613f51cebdf71e785be8401557c336374baf71f0

Loads of countries around the world are pushing for renewable energy sources so that they can phase out fossil fuels.

There are plenty of initiatives to get wind, solar, tidal, geothermal and other sources of nature-grabbing energy into place; however, it seems like not everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid.

One town in America has rejected plans for a solar panel farm because of fears it will suck all the sunlight away from surrounding areas.

Read more https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-town-rejects-solar-farm-plan-because-of-fears-it-will-take-sunlight-20200117

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, tgw said:

that type of vote should be invalidated by courts.

and I do also think that people who voted in favor of this "argument" should not be allowed to take part in any other poll.

They should be prevented from reproducing. What a bunch of la la's ???? And one was a science teacher ?  

• Haha 1

Ok, this is officially take the stupidity cake of this week after i read that Gwyneth Paltrow has made and selling a candle called 'This Smells Like My Vagina' for her website, Goop. And, of course, it has sold out... even Mr. Ripley himself would be flabbergasted...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Ok, this is officially take the stupidity cake of this week after i read that Gwyneth Paltrow has made and selling a candle called 'This Smells Like My Vagina' for her website, Goop. And, of course, it has sold out... even Mr. Ripley himself would be flabbergasted...

Not a buyer - I prefer mine to be odorless.

• Haha 1

Thats the huge beauty of solar farms....they are out there in the sticks with the proles so they dont clutter up the landscape in the trendy areas.

Global warming: An excuse to make regular folks do what elite people want.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats the huge beauty of solar farms....they are out there in the sticks with the proles so they dont clutter up the landscape in the trendy areas.

Global warming: An excuse to make regular folks do what elite people want.

FIFY?

Global warming: An excuse to make regular folks do what elite people want, so the elite can make money out of it.

• Thanks 1

I guess its pretty easy for a bunch of expats living in thailand with no investment in this community to tell others how they should allow others to build anything they want next to your property. Hey we need landfills too how about one next to your house or a refinery or a sugar cane mill. we need those too. can I come build one next to your house ??? I mean come on its all for the good of those making money off it. Hypocrites.

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2020 at 5:35 AM, ezzra said:

If there really is a "stupidity cake" it's apparent that it's shipped everywhere and consumed by many in this world.

Since Ms. Paltrow is so successful with her new product I'll create a candle fashioned after my private parts which will be scentless as my "junk" doesn't smell. I'll let your imagination figure out what the shape of the candle will resemble. 

" One town in America has rejected plans for a solar panel farm because of fears it will suck all the sunlight away from surrounding areas. "

" Retired science teacher Jane Mann told the town hall meeting that plants could potentially die because they wouldn't be able to complete photosynthesis.

She also questioned whether solar panels could give people cancer. "

????‍♂️

As Balki: Don't be ridiculous

Well.. lesser sun and dying plants?

Plant moss !

In herbal medicine, moss is most commonly used as a diuretic or as a cure for coughs, depending on how the moss is processed and which moss is used. Irish moss is used for its mucilaginous and nutritional qualities. Sphagnum moss has been used since ancient times as a dressing for wounds.

I am going to use Thai logic!  Why not build the solar panel field in the shape of  a low pyramid?  Then all of the excess sun will run off and they will have more sunlight in the surrounding fields helping the plants.:stoner:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, wayned said:

I am going to use Thai logic!  Why not build the solar panel field in the shape of  a low pyramid?  Then all of the excess sun will run off and they will have more sunlight in the surrounding fields helping the plants.:stoner:

Thai Logic , and those residents in Woodland, is, turning around the solar cells and et voila we have sun in the night ! ????

6 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

Kind of an AVR, catching peaks and return it back to the net. Hmmmmm...

I'm no power engineering person but when I did my degree (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) reactive power was always a bad thing to have as it put stress on the infrastructure without actually delivering any energy (which is why generators and transformers are rated in VA rather than W).

I must look into this voltage support idea, purely for interest.

EDIT Some reading matter Trimark-Reactive-Compensation-Voltage-Control-PV-Generation.pdf

• Like 1