Germany's other migration wave: the pensioner exodus

snoop1130

19 hours ago, TheDark said:

What is this all about?

I thought pensions are more like 2500 to 3500 euros per person?

What's going on here? Are pensions around Europe really that low in general? 1200 per person or even 600 per person?

That's <deleted> up. 

yes they are that low if you barely worked. I don't know anyone with such a low pension tho.

https://www.thelocal.de/20191023/how-does-germanys-pension-system-measure-up-worldwide

it's actually one of the better pension systems compared to many many other western countries. And it's relatively cheap to life in germany. And no - refugees don't get more money.

Old age poverty is a serious problem everywhere and pensions are always a net negative, if you have your private investments instead of wasting money paying in the pension system you are way better off.

The main issue is women pensions, because many women in that generation have never worked as they had many children and stayed at home they get considerably less than men. 

There's also a basic pension now, that everyone will get and is on top of it, but it's so low...doesn't help much: https://www.dw.com/en/german-government-strikes-deal-on-basic-pension/a-51192993 

18.6 percent of german gross income is for the pension fund afaik

lets say u earn 3500 eur gross per month, 42k a year. 

7812 eur u pay for ur pension each year in taxes.

u work 45 years. 7812 eur each year since 1973 into the S&P 500 would have given you 3 million USD... let's just ignore all the inflation and variying salaries etc.

Pretty damn bad job that the governments do with our money, for me the pension systems are all a scam.

indexfund.PNG

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

It's a shame where after working a lifetime and helping to build a country you cant even afford to live there. 

my sister and the whole family lives in Germany,they all have their own house and can afford to go in holidays a couple of times a year I guess that particular couple lived beyond their means, just look at that house I've seen better houses in Thailand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, candide said:

You conveniently omitted a part of the quote in order to support your prejudiced view. The exact quote is:

"Others in that category interviewed by Reuters here cited the perception that asylum seekers were getting more financial support than pensioners."

Others...perception...

More generally, Germany's problem is the decrease of population so that there are not enough young people to pay for old people's pensions. Immigration is the only way for Germany to finance pensions and to maintain growth.

Or Do something novel like give the native family’s tax breaks and free child care . Got to be cheaper then prisons and social disorder . 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

The next time you complain about SE Asian countries raising their requirements for retirement visas, remember the fact that the West is flooding the world with retirees who can't afford to retire in their own countries. So, when it comes to accepting Western retirees, non-Western countries are free to pick and choose who they want to accept.

Thailand is NOT interested in these kind of income, they prefer and like those who come in for a few days blow a bundle of tourists amenities and facilities and go back, and not increasing the foreigners base in this country that to the Thai people spells only headaches and problems..

Have a look at Austria. There the average retirement payout is about 800 Euros more per month, than in Germany. In Austria every single person has to contribute to the public retirement funds. All government officials and people hired by the government in Germany are NOT paying into the public retirement fund. They will receive a pension directly from the state after they hit the retirement age. Besides, persons with an income of 6700Euro or more per month, are not legally bound to pay into that fund. This system is unjust and facilitates old-age poverty.

• Like 1