Germany's other migration wave: the pensioner exodus

snoop1130

17 hours ago, champers said:

The French bring chaos to the country if Government messes with their pensions. Fair play to them.

And HOW you suggest, the French will be able to pay their huge cots of pensions ?

At just under 14% of economic output, French spending on public pensions is among the highest in the world .

https://www.thelocal.fr/20191211/how-do-french-pensions-compare-to-the-rest-of-europe

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Germany has free child care.

Kindergartens are free,

Schools are free,

Paid Paternity leave for years is a thing,

you get 194EUR per child till the age of 25 i think in child support on top of that,

if your kid wants to study at university u get Bafoeg money and other support of upto 800 eur for the kid that you only have to pay back half?

Isn't that already easy enough compared to the rest of the world?? seriously. often i think germany makes it too easy.

They get PAID LEAVE. you cannot fire a pregnant women in germany, after paid leave they get their exact same job back - men can also take this paid leave.

Austria is a TINY TINY country better compared to Switzerland. Germany,  france, Thailand, UK are giant countries compared to that, which big countries comes big problem, it's really that easy.

All of this is absolute rubbish, there are nearly no homeless people in germany. Everyone is entitled to an apartment fully paid by the government, including electricity and food.

If people are homeless in germany than because 1) they aren't german 2) they want to 3) They are mentally ill and/or drug junkies 4) they are retards

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_Germany

Yes, only 200,000 homeless...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Understandable, that's where the friction point is. You don't bump against the rich and powerful every day, heck you cant even see their houses from their front gate, what you bump against is those immediately above you and those below you. 

Those who control most of the wealth you will never see.But they control all the means of information distribution and control the narrative. 

But think about it, stop for a minute, grab a beer, sit there and think about it. 

1 percent of the people do control 82 percent of the wealth

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/10/tom-corley-the-1-percent-will-always-control-the-wealth-heres-why.html

so what do the rest fight over? The rest 99% is fighting over 18% , but they  don't go after the 82% (that's where the money is) they go after those more poor than themselves. 

What amount of the wealth do those "immigrants" and "welfare scammers" control and consume?

Think about it. don't let me tell you, you do the math. Do they contro 2%, 4% do they take half of your 18% which is 9%? Think about it.

What about if you took that (it is not but let's say) 9% from the .02% ???  instead of 82% they will have 73% BOOHOO...

But they control the narrative, the masses are brainwashed, even if you believe what i said, by tomorrow you will have forgot it, and you will be posting the same. Or if you don't , there are billions who do, and in a democratic system they all get the same vote, and you are irrelevant, for every one of you there will be 1000 others that will vote against their best interest. 

I am afraid it will get worse before it gets better. If it ever gets better,

Did you ever read the full CNBC article, or did you just take a glance at the headline? 

Do you really believe that the 82 pct of the wealth owned by 1 pct of the population is stashed in private bunkers? 

Be rest-assured it is invested somewhere, eg in parts of the world that the West refers to as "the Third World". That - exactly that - is the other side of globalization. 

2 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Did you ever read the full CNBC article, or did you just take a glance at the headline? 

Do you really believe that the 82 pct of the wealth owned by 1 pct of the population is stashed in private bunkers? 

Be rest-assured it is invested somewhere, eg in parts of the world that the West refers to as "the Third World". That - exactly that - is the other side of globalization. 

Whatever they do with it, they still control 82% , and the income inequality will become even greater because investment wealth grows at a much higher rate than labor wealth that remains stagnant. 

But you go ahead and buy into the narrative. who knows one day maybe you will win the hunger games and you to will become part of the 1% and get to screw the 99%.  

BAGW's CEO Werena Rosenke warned in the report of a "rigid poverty," which people struggled to get out of.

Key data from the report

The figures are based on estimates from 2017 and revealed that:

• Most homeless people live in emergency shelters, but around 48,000 people live on the streets.
  • Migrants from EU nations in eastern Europe account for most rough sleepers.
  • Three in four of the homeless across Germany are men, who are mostly single.
  • Some 22,000 children are homeless in Germany.
  • Around 375,000 asylum seekers and refugees in temporary accommodation are included in the total number.

Yeah so not germans, mostly eastern europeans... like i said, germans couldn't care less.

If a german lives on the street than because he refuses help and/or is mentally ill and/or has drug problem, social welfare is available to everyone, if he wants. Up to them.

Edited by ThomasThBKK

29 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

And HOW you suggest, the French will be able to pay their huge cots of pensions ?

At just under 14% of economic output, French spending on public pensions is among the highest in the world .

https://www.thelocal.fr/20191211/how-do-french-pensions-compare-to-the-rest-of-europe

Tax, I would think. I am English and live in Thailand so I don't lose any sleep over French pensioners. How did they get to the place they are now?

Pensioners, and those near to pension age, in any Western democracy are a growing entity and can wield their collective power at the ballot box, if organised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fvw53 said:

How many million US voters believe the fantasies made up by politicians including Trump without ever checking actual numbers ?

Nice try.

Well, unlike the DAX and other E markets the US stock market is up over 50% under Trump.

Maybe a fantasy for some who are not liquid or smart enough to invest.

Lots of jealousy out there the US economy is great and many of us have made big big returns.

Edited by bkk6060

There are plenty of older people who have to go through the trash bins to find bottles just because they do not have enough income.

It seems to be pretty standard these days to see pensioners looking for a few extra Euros, but I haven't heard that any Asylum seeking individuals are doing that too. 

Pensioner looking for bottles.jpg

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Lack of infrastructure investment, oh gosh... the autobahn is prolly one of the best street systems in the world, public transport is everywhere.

Germany's infrastructure backlog:

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/14/germany-has-a-crumbling-infrastructure-problem.html

https://m.dw.com/en/germany-tries-t3o-close-infrastructure-backlog/a-45082919

(Quote: "...autobahns crumble in ... summer heat...")

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

There are plenty of older people who have to go through the trash bins to find bottles just because they do not have enough income.

It seems to be pretty standard these days to see pensioners looking for a few extra Euros, but I haven't heard that any Asylum seeking individuals are doing that too. 

Does not look like he physically can carry a load of plastics.

More then likely looking for a spot to urinate.

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Whatever they do with it, they still control 82% , and the income inequality will become even greater because investment wealth grows at a much higher rate than labor wealth that remains stagnant. 

But you go ahead and buy into the narrative. who knows one day maybe you will win the hunger games and you to will become part of the 1% and get to screw the 99%.  

Anyway, the emerging countries in the East are now (statistically) better off. This is the century of Asia, not the century of old Europe. 

Of course there's all kinds of disparities in those emerging countries in the Global South (including China), but people here are working on it. Hopefully your 1 % (I'm not part of them) will join us, too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

First paragraph:

But although crumbling, a collapse is nowhere near in sight.

Later on: 

An EU comparison

Despite complaints from truck drivers and a popular pessimistic view of roads, public transport and government buildings, Germany's road network is still ranked relatively high. The European Commission's Mobility and Transport division measures the quality of various types of infrastructure across the EU. From 2013 to 2017, Germany's road quality remained in 6th place. During the same time Italy improved and moved from 20th place up to 17th place. According to the report, the Netherlands, France, Portugal and Denmark have the best roads in Europe.

So exactly like i said, thanks for confirming. Only 5 better places in the EU regarding roads.

4 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Anyway, the emerging countries in the East are now (statistically) better off. This is the century of Asia, not the century of old Europe. 

Of course there's all kinds of disparities in those emerging countries in the Global South (including China), but people here are working on it. Hopefully your 1 % (I'm not part of them) will join us, too. 

Gosh, compared to the UK, Germany, etc., Eastern Europe is better off, with more modern infrastructure, e.g. internet. You drive onto a German autobahn, just to find out that your internet access is off. Won't happen in Poland...

19 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah so not germans, mostly eastern europeans... like i said, germans couldn't care less.

If a german lives on the street than because he refuses help and/or is mentally ill and/or has drug problem, social welfare is available to everyone, if he wants. Up to them.

Sorry, I know the kind of "help" the German welfare state offers to the homeless. It means more or less "lock them up in asylums" Understandable that many don't want that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Gosh, compared to the UK, Germany, etc., Eastern Europe is better off, with more modern infrastructure, e.g. internet. You drive onto a German autobahn, just to find out that your internet access is off. Won't happen in Poland...

Of course not, Poland doesn't have the Autobahn.

Oh the great polish roadssss to ruin: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-poland-roads-specialreport/special-report-polands-roads-to-ruin-idUSBRE99N05920131024

Paid by the EU: https://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/en/newsroom/news/2018/09/09-06-2018-road-infrastructure-in-poland-the-eu-invests-eur320-million

Oh you glorious Poland /o/

But hey they have one of the worst roads in the EU according to their own government, so no wonder they need moneys: http://pzpb.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Road-building-in-Poland_ver_ang.pdf

The EU budget’s financial perspective, begun in 2007, opened up new opportunities for Poland with regard to supporting development. The EUR 67bn that was granted to Poland at that time and which was to be spent over the next few years, opened up new possibilities for reducing the distance between Poland and affluent Western European countries. As a result, in 2007, Poland saw the start of changes in the State’s development policy aimed at strengthening the Polish economy and increasing its competitiveness. Increased competitiveness became a strategic objective whose pursuit necessitated the allocation of substantial funds to road infrastructure. In 2007, the condition of its roads put Poland well behind other European Union countries. Although one of the largest states in Europe, it had but 300 km of highways and less than 700 km of motorways.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Does not look like he physically can carry a load of plastics.

More then likely looking for a spot to urinate.

Nope. It's from an article that describes the problem. The disabled ( German) man is looking for anything he can sell, because his pension is too low. 

18 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I can only speak for the situation in the USA but I feel that when you ditch America your SS should be cut. Living abroad is a privilege and a personal choice.

I would be Ok with that, but then I say OK give me the 41 years I put into it back. I'd love a lump sum. ????

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sumte-german-village-with-100-residents-and-zero-infrastructure-told-to-take-in-750-refugees-a6717591.html

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I understand , and share your frustrations, I live in the same world you live in, and I know where the money is, and also know that it is guarded wll and will not be given up easily. But those who you blame for your problem are not the disease they are the symptom. The disease is what is going to kill you.  

I am sorry, I don't mean to be disrespectful, I really don't , but the above sounds like a defeatist attitude. Just because something has existed for a long time, it does not mean it must always exist. Many things existed for a long time and we changed them, why not this? 

They are not the symptom. They are if fact the disease that is already present, it actually arrived years ago and that disease has killed people just as it is destroying our country. In fact I could have been killed by that disease when I was mugged and on 7.7.

England was a lovely country to live in till our politicians opened the floodgates and turned the UK into a scrounger's, a criminal's and a terrorist's paradise.

Those circumstances existed for along time and the politicians changed them for the worse.

But again who do you consider to be our actual enemy and why. You haven't said as yet except to allude to some mysterious elite community whose names you have not mentioned.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Have you seen the pension mess in France? Different rates to different types of employment, sectors etc.

I met a retiree from the French navy in Asia who, now in his mid forties, lives very well on his pension and does not have to work. Who pays this? The taxpayer, of course.

Yes it happens in France. Too many groups with different pension programs. 

My rerired French friends who live in Phang Nga area on the pension of €2,180 for both of them and they can live in the area only because of the children who are paying for the Thai bank deposits for them and who bought them some med insurance. Without the support of the family it was not possible. Some have a rental income from the home county to supplement their resources. 

7 minutes ago, Gene1960 said:

Yes it happens in France. Too many groups with different pension programs. 

My rerired French friends who live in Phang Nga area on the pension of €2,180 for both of them and they can live in the area only because of the children who are paying for the Thai bank deposits for them and who bought them some med insurance. Without the support of the family it was not possible. Some have a rental income from the home county to supplement their resources. 

But you forgot to mention they received their pension long before they turned 66 years, for comparison with other countrys in Europe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The enemy of every working man is cheap foreign labour allowed into countries to undercut the locals wages and destroy their standard of living.

But the German consumer wants everything as cheap as possible. That is the big problem in the West:  less and less natives are actually producers, but all natives want to get pampered by their nanny state. And the big reality shock comes usually at pension age. 

Actually every German gets a letter from the pension funds every year where they could calculate. But instead of doing so, they fall for Big Nanny's propaganda (Angela Merkel always says "we" when she means "you") 

>Millions of our OAPs live on about 6000 baht a week. That speaks for itself.

It certainly does.

They should have saved for their old age.
Saving just 800bt per week during your working years will give you a pension income.

Lazy, greedy people get what they deserve. 

And they blame the government.

• Confused 1