Jump to content
BANGKOK
ChaiyaTH

Virus / Bacteria alert?!

Recommended Posts

Having read about the 100 something school kids being hospitalized, I am now a bit alive to post myself too.

 

Have fallen sick 72 hours ago, throwing up and everything else the worst in my life. Comes out of every hole basically. 

 

Could only move on my stomach to toilet and back to bed. My wife got it less worse and over 15 people in the village too, Sansai area as well.

 

So maybe a heads up to stock up on some medicine, fruit, soups etc for everyone else. I felt like dying, almost went into hospital too.

 

Add the bad air, could only dream of some cold fresh air like in Europe now.

 

It looked like this:

 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, I just finished an almost biblical (unholy or demonic to say the least), unscheduled 3-4 day purge/forced fasting.  I thought it was just the reacquainting of the local high bacteria/hygiene habits and local chow/water.  It does end....🙏

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Hmmm, I just finished an almost biblical (unholy or demonic to say the least), unscheduled 3-4 day purge/forced fasting.  I thought it was just the reacquainting of the local high bacteria/hygiene habits and local chow/water.  It does end....🙏

I suspect water too as we had been eating different food / me eating out elsewhere. Can't find a food link.

 

I can't wait for it to end, good you are fine again already.

 

The worst ever, it's about to start again on my end, pffff.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might already feel much better?

Otherwise I would strongly suggest visiting -with your wife- a hospital nearby.

Sounds like Dengue to me.

The local doctors should treat you

(well).

[One tablet of medical coal should

help a bit.]

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yom said:

You might already feel much better?

Otherwise I would strongly suggest visiting -with your wife- a hospital nearby.

Sounds like Dengue to me.

The local doctors should treat you

(well).

[One tablet of medical coal should

help a bit.]

 

Nothing close to dengue. This is something nasty but not that.

 

If if is dengue, many dozens of people would have gotten it at the same time too. Kind of weird.

 

I guess I will be better by tomorrow, more or less.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing at least is that it forced me to quit smoking. Hope I can keep that up hehe.

 

Almost makes you religious and only eating fruit when that sick.

 

P.S. You also do want enough toilet paper stocked up if using that. A lot!

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If if is dengue, many dozens of people would have gotten it at the same time too. Kind of weird.

No they wouldn't - at least not necessarily. Dengue doesn't spread from person to person, so one person getting it doesn't mean others will. My brother-in-law had it a few years ago but no-one living with him (wife and 3 kids) caught it. Another friend of ours got it last year but his wife didn't.

 

Dengue does sometimes occur in clusters when it becomes widespread in a population of mosquitoes and they then spread it to a number of people within a short space of time in a particular area but it can also occur in relatively isolated cases.

 

There's also the fact that even if others were infected you might not know about it as many cases are sub-clinical (meaning infected people show only very minor, or no symptoms). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Almost makes you religious and only eating fruit when that sick.

Hmm.

Could be the pesticides making you sick.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know two people hospitalized last week with what they are calling "influenza virus A" if that makes sense to anyone. Severe respiratory symptoms, both on oxygen and respiratory therapy, very high fever....

 

O.K. I just looked up virus A and I guess it is what they refer to as "bird flu". Type A influenza infection can be serious and cause widespread outbreaks and disease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elektrified said:

I know two people hospitalized last week with what they are calling "influenza virus A" if that makes sense to anyone. Severe respiratory symptoms, both on oxygen and respiratory therapy, very high fever....

 

O.K. I just looked up virus A and I guess it is what they refer to as "bird flu". Type A influenza infection can be serious and cause widespread outbreaks and disease.

Yeah, know of another person this week too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No they wouldn't - at least not necessarily. Dengue doesn't spread from person to person, so one person getting it doesn't mean others will.

That was my entire point, then all the others would have gotten it at the same time which makes no sense. The symptoms are also different. 
Anyway, much better again since today. Not that the air pollution helps, still feel like getting some proper fresh air.

Many other people in our area have gotten it now too, I am usually quite fast to recover but this was really evil stuff.
Before already throat problems with anti biotics too.

Doubt oxygen at the hospital is helpful as they fill that up in town too? Would be willing to pay for some legit clean air without leaving town tho.

Really going to make sure I am no longer here by next burning season, even if it doesn't got anything to do with the air quality alone.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...