Need to charge my car battery in Bangkok

JohnnyBKK

4 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Just looked it up on Playstore and read some reviews. PRO??? What do you expect for £2.95, something that works accurately.

Who said it was accurate, ive only said what it tells me.

FWIW my boost gauge (Defi) tells me my max is 19psi.... same as the app.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, stouricks said:

So basically the app is useless. Get an old fashioned AVO and put that across the alternator, see what it reads.

The old fashioned AVO will read the battery voltage which might be 12.7V when engine is off. The ECU reads system voltage which will rise and fall with alternator activity. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Yep, mototaxi guys will know someone, if they dont I can only assume someone failed the attitude test.

Other option is to google battery delivery.

https://www.carbatt4u.com/

But would be good to have engine running before changing battery so you do not loose all presets And history in computer (If there is one)

• Confused 1

Just now, KKr said:

But would be good to have engine running before changing battery so you do not loose all presets And history in computer (If there is one)

what computer history are you concerned with (if the battery is dead radio presets are already gone) ?

8 minutes ago, KKr said:

Important system parameters including entertainment system settings are stored in non volatile memory these days.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

what computer history are you concerned with (if the battery is dead radio presets are already gone) ?

“Dead” as in cannot start engine will have enough power left to keep microcircuits up.