Trump adds legal heavyweights Starr, Dershowitz to impeachment team

rooster59

1 hour ago, cycolista said:

Thank you but the sad truth is that the 45 cult of personality adherents are going to receive the false info, they're going to believe it, and they're going to share it. Forget about normal politics and value given to truth and facts these days, and it's not really clear yet how to fight that.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, riclag said:

Those people in attendance all loved this annual event,especially with this POTUS! They were so proud to be there!Probably the best college football team and POTUS ever! Go Starr Go Dershowitz

"As coach Ed Orgeron, quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow, receivers Ja’Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson stood behind him and with a trio of trophies in front, Trump had an ideal opportunity to distance himself from impeachment talk. Instead, he mentioned impeachment almost immediately, and it was a recurring theme throughout the ceremony. From the first minute of his speech, it became clear that Trump would not be talking solely about football, as trade deals with Mexico and China were referenced."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2020/01/17/donald-trump-talks-impeachment-lsu-football-team-white-house-visit/4500041002/

By "legal heavyweights" they mean lawyers who are themselves involved in criminal activity?

Dershowitz has been accused as being part of Jeff Epstein's underaged sex club.

In Russia, they call that "Kompromat". ????

kom·pro·mat
/ˌkämprəˈmät/
noun
  1. compromising information collected for use in blackmailing, discrediting, or manipulating someone, typically for political purposes.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, riclag said:

All the more character when you first don't succeed you pick yourself up and become POTUS. Thanks dad for your help!

Oh,JFK would of lost, god bless his sole, if it wasn't for his father's millions, runnin rum and his ambassador position !Sad but the real world!

No USA bank would lend him money anymore, so he went to the Russian mobsters to use theirs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Time to drop MAGA. How about Wang's acronym. MATH. Make America think again. Those with an open mind have got to ponder that for a moment. Only 33% of Americans are getting more than a high school education, and they are talking about making America great again? People are graduating from MIT, top in their class, from other nations, and they cannot get a work visa to stay in the US? The dogma continues about immigration, and when was the last time you heard a republican discuss legal immigration reform? 

I could go on for days. 

Perhaps, less than 12 months from now, when either Bloomberg or Biden become the next president, after the great humiliation of the orange man, some possibility of positive reform will take place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He will probably start or merge with a far right wing media organ like One America News. He will keep his cult of personality base in or out of office. Better out of course. Also he can run again in 24. But on the other hand he could just as easily end up in prison. 

No. The INSTANT the crown is taken from his nasty grasping fingers, SDNY has a stack of indictments with all his family's names on them. He will most likely wind up in an orange jump suit. I only hope he can get a shade of face goop that doesn't clash.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Possibly but I wonder if they will hold back for political reasons. The political reasons being that he will still have his cult of personality base and some elements of that base have shown a history of threatening (and in some cases carrying out) violence even explicitly saying civil war when the object of their adoration is under threat. What I'm saying is that fair or not jailing him might not be worth it in terms of the divisions in the country.

Don't rule out that he'll do a Thaksin, seeking refuge in a country without an extradition treaty, like Russia.  Brazil does not officially have one with the US, but they are actually handled on a case-by-case basis, anyway Brazil is not DT's kind of place, too many bugs in the tropics.

When the regime's rats' nest is cleaned out things will come up, like the unedited Mueller report, and that's just the appetizer.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Possibly but I wonder if they will hold back for political reasons. The political reasons being that he will still have his cult of personality base and some elements of that base have shown a history of threatening (and in some cases carrying out) violence even explicitly saying civil war when the object of their adoration is under threat. What I'm saying is that fair or not jailing him might not be worth it in terms of the divisions in the country.

I'd actually want to see what happens if Trump is convicted and/or loses the Nov 20 election.  His nutty base has made a lot of wild threats, but when it comes down to it, would they lay their life on the line for Trump after he's out of office?  No freakin way.  Once Trump is out of the WH and out of power, his following will wither down to a tiny few extreme nutters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'd actually want to see what happens if Trump is convicted and/or loses the Nov 20 election.  His nutty base has made a lot of wild threats, but when it comes down to it, would they lay their life on the line for Trump after he's out of office?  No freakin way.  Once Trump is out of the WH and out of power, his following will wither down to a tiny few extreme nutters. 

I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump—I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough—until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a26827290/bikers-for-trump-military-political-violence-president/

I don't think Pentagon brass has a high opinion of him.

But you never can tell: once people realize they're being had there's no telling how they'll react.   Immigration, The Wall, anti-abortion, these are just part of his campaign promises he wants to make good on to get re-elected, otherwise he couldn't care less about these things.  He's probably an atheist, if he has any thoughts about such things at all. 

When he's out of office maybe biker gangs will start showing up at his country clubs to party, I'd like to see how he handles it. 

This stuff he goes on about at his rallies about dishwasher machines, light bulbs and toilets, I'm hoping he does this in the State of the Union.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I'm not that optimistic. I think his movement has already changed the country in very negative and very lasting ways. Win or lose. If he loses its not like it will be by a landslide that includes a landslide in the senate. Also as we all expect this senate to not convict the precedent will be set that all presidents are above all laws and the impeachment powers of congress may as well no longer exist. 

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not that optimistic. I think his movement has already changed the country in very negative and very lasting ways. Win or lose. If he loses its not like it will be by a landslide that includes a landslide in the senate. Also as we all expect this senate to not convict the precedent will be set that all presidents are above all laws and the impeachment powers of congress may as well no longer exist. 

I don't think his movement is any more than Trump himself.  GOP politicians have tried to copy Trump's antics during elections and it failed them...because it only works for Trump.  Once he's gone, the "movement" will end...thankfully.  Trump seems to resonate with certain parts of the electorate for reasons many of us can't comprehend.  Maybe they think Trump represents the past and somehow associate that with past greatness (false belief).  It's the rare occasion when the term "false idol" really fits.  Whatever Trump supporters think Trump is, he's not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1