bus from Trat to Suvarnabhumi

Sri Shina

I  do  know  that  there  is  one  bus from  the  Transport  Company  in  Chanthaburi  at  noon  that stops  at  Suvarnabhumi.  Others  do  not.

I  did  see  maybe  two  daily  departures  at  the  Trat  bus  terminal  to  Suvarnabhumi  but  do  not  remember  the  bus  company  nor  the  times.   This  is  what  I  am  looking  for.  I  don't  want  to  go  to  Ekamai  then  back  again.

Thanks  again.

The buses from Chanthaburi to Bangkok/Ekamai will all stop at King Kaew, I do this a few times a year, taxi from there to Suvarnabhumi around 150b.

Coming back it's ideal, there's a Cherdchai bus booth there outside 7-11 they'll call thru to Ekamai and reserve a seat on next available bus heading to Chanthaburi

Can  you  give  me  anymore  information  about  this  King  Kaew  area?  Side  of  the  road?  Shopping  mall?  Transport  hub?  I  noticed  that  from  the  Suvarnabhumi  Transportation  Centre  there  were  shared  minivans  or  local  buses  that  went  to  King  Kaew.  Can  I  assume  they  also  go  in  the  opposite  direction  to  Suvarnabhumi?  I  won't  be  in  a  hurry.

Besides  having  bad  experiences  with  the  taxi/tuktuk  mafia,  with  the  present  air  quality  crisis  in  Bangkok  the  responsible  thing  would  be  to  use  public  transportation  when  available.

I  am  still  hoping  someone  knows  about  the  Trat  departures  directly  to  Suvarnabhumi.

Thank  you.

From Trat they go every day, several times. there are 3 different companies, only 2 of them will drop you of at Subernabhumi, either at the bus station there or directly in front of the terminal.

Departures around 09.00 and 11.00, and sometimes in the afternoon. I would suggest arriving in Trat the day before, and get a ticket for the next day: sometimes they are sold out, this is a very popular line.

Thank  you.  I  am  in  Khlong  Yai  now  and  will  head  to  Trat  in  the  morning.

It  was  pure  misery  getting  from  the  border  to  Khlong  Yai.  No  problem  going  in  the  other  direction.  20 baht  on  the  songthaew,  40  baht  in  the  minivan.  Coming  in  this  direction  they  forced  me  to  pay  200 baht  on  a  songthaew  and  refused  to  allow  me  to  share  with  a  Thai  person.  Said  I  could  wait  until  infinity.  There  were  half  a  dozen  of  them  yelling  at  me  to  walk  and  insulting  me.  Very  intimidating.  LOS?  I  think  not!

The buses that serve (also) Swampy are those NOT to Ekamai but to Mochit-they (should) use the new motorway just past the airport. FROM the east it may depend on a willing driver (99 and 999 are probably best for that) if they will also detour to set people off at Swampy (BUS stops=some 2 kms away from terminal with free shuttlebus) or perhaps the nr of people wanting that stop-Thai get priority. All in all it may be easier to have them set you down near an ARL stop and take the train the last 2 or 3 stops. Think of Lard Krabang. The nasty thing is that even from there-Chanta, most former 2nd cl buses have been replaced by vans/minibuses with drivers much less able/willing/understanding to that. They should go at least ev hr mornings, a little less afternoons.

IF you do not speak enough Thai for tha, find someone to get your wishes across to mr. driver before setting off. If the next bus takes too long-can take any Ekamai bus and let off just south of the runways of Swampy and taxi from there (or the odd 558 bus).