BANGKOK
rooster59

Thanathorn invites supporters to his “final” political rally at Thammasat U on Saturday

Thanathorn invites supporters to his “final” political rally at Thammasat U on Saturday

TT-12.jpg

Leader of Future Forward Party Thanathorn Jungroongruangkit joins the “Run Against Loong” at Vachirabenjathas Park this morning.

Embattled Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit has invited his supporters and members of the public to attend the party’s political gathering at the Rangsit campus of Thammasat University tomorrow (Saturday) at 2pm.

“This maybe the last day that I will speak in front of the people as a party leader,” said Thanathorn in his Facebook post today, noting that he may be banned from politics and his party dissolved on January 21st, when the Constitutional Court is due to deliver a ruling on the party accused of harbouring an intention to overthrow the democratic system with the King as the head of state, widely known as the “Illuminati Case.”

“I still believe in our innocence and believe that the evidence and legal process of this case are motivated by the desire to get rid of political enemies, rather than being a matter of right or wrong. If that is the case (dissolution), it means that the “Future is Now” event will be the last opportunity for me to address the people as the leader of the Future Forward party,” said Thanathorn.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thanathorn-invites-supporters-to-his-final-political-rally-at-thammasat-u-on-saturday/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-01-18

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

I hope it won't be his last meeting; many Thai people voted for him and his party in the last election and many more will vote for him as soon as this can happen.

But I hope it will not happen at Thammasat University which happened on October 6, 1976

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thammasat_University_massacre

• Like 2

The peoples will, needs to be done 

it just may take a little more time to do it peacefully, we know the system is crook, 

• Like 1

Thammasat is a good choice of venue. Symbolic. Unfortunately that's likely all it's going to be, symbolic.

• Like 2

I think that if they do dissolve FFP and ban him and the rest of the party leaders then he will bankroll a new party along the same lines as FFP but keep out of the limelight and just 'direct it' so to speak, a bit like some people accuse Thaksin of doing 🙂 

• Like 2

He might be wrong and the verdict might go the other way 🤹🏿‍♀️I think he knows he has no chance. He was guilty even before the court case was started   

1 hour ago, ubon farang said:

He might be wrong and the verdict might go the other way 🤹🏿‍♀️I think he knows he has no chance. He was guilty even before the court case was started   

IMHO he is not guilty of anything. but the government can manipulate their laws to make sure that he IS guilty. 

• Like 2

I dont hold much hope.  But look at America,  I dont have much hope  for either. 

• Confused 1