Thanathorn invites supporters to his “final” political rally at Thammasat U on Saturday

rooster59

Thanathorn invites supporters to his “final” political rally at Thammasat U on Saturday

TT-12.jpg

Leader of Future Forward Party Thanathorn Jungroongruangkit joins the “Run Against Loong” at Vachirabenjathas Park this morning.

Embattled Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit has invited his supporters and members of the public to attend the party’s political gathering at the Rangsit campus of Thammasat University tomorrow (Saturday) at 2pm.

“This maybe the last day that I will speak in front of the people as a party leader,” said Thanathorn in his Facebook post today, noting that he may be banned from politics and his party dissolved on January 21st, when the Constitutional Court is due to deliver a ruling on the party accused of harbouring an intention to overthrow the democratic system with the King as the head of state, widely known as the “Illuminati Case.”

“I still believe in our innocence and believe that the evidence and legal process of this case are motivated by the desire to get rid of political enemies, rather than being a matter of right or wrong. If that is the case (dissolution), it means that the “Future is Now” event will be the last opportunity for me to address the people as the leader of the Future Forward party,” said Thanathorn.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thanathorn-invites-supporters-to-his-final-political-rally-at-thammasat-u-on-saturday/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-01-18

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

I hope it won't be his last meeting; many Thai people voted for him and his party in the last election and many more will vote for him as soon as this can happen.

But I hope it will not happen at Thammasat University which happened on October 6, 1976

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thammasat_University_massacre

• Like 2

I think that if they do dissolve FFP and ban him and the rest of the party leaders then he will bankroll a new party along the same lines as FFP but keep out of the limelight and just 'direct it' so to speak, a bit like some people accuse Thaksin of doing ???? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubon farang said:

He might be wrong and the verdict might go the other way ????????‍♀️I think he knows he has no chance. He was guilty even before the court case was started   

IMHO he is not guilty of anything. but the government can manipulate their laws to make sure that he IS guilty. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO he is not guilty of anything. but the government can manipulate their laws to make sure that he IS guilty. 

That is what I am trying to say. Its happening in Cambodia now and it is happening here If you stand up against the government they just find some charges and away they go. Tell me do you honestly think any of thoses judges will vote for the " Not Guilty verdict"? If they do they wont have a job afterwards and it will cost them a lot of money  Welcome to democracy Thai style. Oh sorry if there are 3 judges in this case then the vote will be 2-1  for guilty. Looks good and it shows the world that Thaiand is a land of democracy haha The judge that voted not guilty only did so and he is safe because the government told him to vote Not Guilty Odds 2-1 for guilty  Not guilty odds 500-1 

• Like 1

Meantime the Europeans & US are sucking up to this 'democratic' government for fear of the Chinese ...

But of course all authoritarian regimes are inherently fragile, despite appearances. Watching domestic events in Iran at the moment is interesting. It only takes one or two BIG mistakes and the whole system can come crashing down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

Another Tycoon turned politician in order to get more greedy gain on his business.

Guess there will be "pro democracy" buses coming from Isaan, the 1500THB per day still a good pay! 

i do believe there is now a minimum funding and membership for political parties which rather closes the door for Mr average who does not wish to align with a current set up

20 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Have you actually read about his background?

Actually the first part of Rhydid's sentence is factually correct (re his background) and the second part would seemingly apply to all Thai politicians so probably correct (re his possible motives).

He has just come up with bunch of lame excuses for the things he was acccused of and is actually guilty of them as far as I can see. The fact that others are more guilty than he does not make him innocent. Unjustly victimized by the potentially vastly more corrupt yes.  

I see his rise as being a stepping stone for others becoming more ambitious in their politics and the people becoming more used to using their vote morally. I don't really see him as a knight in shining armor. He has witnessed the world through extreme privilege only as his background attests to. I do think he will be seen as a great motivating figure in modern Thai history.

Edited by MRToMRT
typo
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, rhyddid said:

Another Tycoon turned politician in order to get more greedy gain on his business.

Guess there will be "pro democracy" buses coming from Isaan, the 1500THB per day still a good pay! 

Cynical nonsense !

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, rhyddid said:

I guess that you will be wrong as usual.