The iPhone obsession..

transam

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the thread title is about i phones, everyone that buys one of those overpriced things is going to get a shock in a few years when they find they can't replace the battery- LOL.

Not sure where you get the information that iPhone batteries can't be replaced - they can, just not by you

4 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Not sure where you get the information that iPhone batteries can't be replaced - they can, just not by you

Apple don't want them to be replaced as they want to make megabucks by selling new ones.

In the US can buy kits that allow us to undo the undoable screws etc but NOT from Apple. It's by a company that wants to allow people to stick it to Apple where it hurts- in the profit margins.

Apple has never been keen on allowing consumers to access the interior of their products which is why I'll never buy one of their <deleted> overpriced machines.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apple has never been keen on allowing consumers to access the interior of their products which is why I'll never buy one of their <deleted> overpriced machines.

Perhaps you've read today's news about the Saudi Crown Prince hacking into Jeff Bezos' (Android) phone, or yesterday's news about Trump's latest tantrum that the FBI is not able to hack iPhones. That is exactly why I will never use anything but an iPhone

1 minute ago, ThaiBunny said:

Perhaps you've read today's news about the Saudi Crown Prince hacking into Jeff Bezos' (Android) phone, or yesterday's news about Trump's latest tantrum that the FBI is not able to hack iPhones. That is exactly why I will never use anything but an iPhone

If you believe that any device on the planet can't be hacked, I have a bridge for sale. That would be like believing the cloud is secure.

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 2:59 PM, transam said:

3.55 minutes of watching stupid people- what could be funnier?

Texting while driving isn't funny though. Anyone kills someone while texting should be tried for murder. I hope the insurance companies declined compensation to those in the vehicles.

BTW, those two were so stupid, they texted while being filmed.