BANGKOK

It sounds like your confusing iPhones with smart phones in general.

7 minutes ago, elgenon said:

It sounds like your confusing iPhones with smart phones in general.

Yes, I did adjust that further back. I used iPhone meaning internet phone, so can be any brand. The thread is about obsession.

When I go to the gym, guys there spend more time fluffing about with pages than working out, doesn't matter where I am folk are buried in a phone. Though never a swimmer............ yet...😂

One things for sure, there are posters here that have been taken over by their gadget, and will defend their addiction.  😋 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, I did adjust that further back. I used iPhone meaning internet phone, so can be any brand. The thread is about obsession.

When I go to the gym, guys there spend more time fluffing about with pages than working out, doesn't matter where I am folk are buried in a phone. Though never a swimmer............ yet...😂

One things for sure, there are posters here that have been taken over by their gadget, and will defend their addiction.  😋 

I pretty much agree with you. I have seen social benefits though I hate admit.

I saw a group of three girls. 2 were having a conversation. The left out girl entertained herself with her phone allaying the embarrassment of being left out.

23 hours ago, transam said:

In the week I went to Tops Supermarket, nice shop, wondering round I saw a team of ladies working on fresh produce to be put on display, one lady had a knife in one hand and an iPhone in the other, I thought, I wonder if that iPhone has been into the toilet with its owner...😳

Walking round Dohome, zillions of staff standing around with heads buried in their iPhone, don't their managers instruct the staff to actually work...🤔

Yes, terrible thing.

maybe have no friend real life. All the time social media. Make them crazy. Bad fashion.

thankyou for 61,000+ post.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Sure

16 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sure

Welcome back PNY (aka Yinn). You had a long holiday. Or maybe I've just missed your posts (did see one a week ago).

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, transam said:

I love my phone combined with Bose blue tooth headset. I stream all my rock / hard rock music to my headset and have a great aggressive workout.  I also use the phone to record what I did so i can see if there is progress or not and make the occasional picture. 

I also use the phone as a timer so I don't have too long a wait between sets.

dont  forget  the  never  ending  gormless  get  from  outta my  way selfie  takers

3 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

We lived differently using, for ex, the postal services ... and it worked very well.
New technologies including the internet were said to simplify everyone's work and / or remove obsolete staff;
in fact it didn't do any of that.

When I arrived in Udon in 1996, I was (ttbomk) the only American in town with a computer, and the only American who was connected to the internet.

I visited an older friend one day and he said he was having problems with social security.  He said he had written to the Social Security Administration about his problem.  I asked what SSA said/did.  He said he hadn't heard back.  I asked when he sent his letter.  Six months ago, he replied.  I explained how email worked.  Before long, he bought his first ever computer........it took a while for him to overcome his fear of blowing up the house by hitting the wrong key on the keyboard.  

For all the downsides to computers/smartphones, I wouldn't trade mine for the world.  Living in Thailand, on the other side of the world, is so much easier because of those connections.

• Like 1

I welcome the mobile phone; it's the (young) adult equivalent of the pacifier (aka. dummy) you stick in an infant's mouth to keep it quiet

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kokesaat said:

When I arrived in Udon in 1996, I was (ttbomk) the only American in town with a computer, and the only American who was connected to the internet.

I recall (as someone working in IT) rather naively asking an American tourist visiting Bangkok in 1996 for his email address. I recall his dumb-founded reply: "What's that?"

We've come far

2 hours ago, SkyFax said:

Mine still works --

1491323659_blackberry_curve_9320_1(2).jpg.7a0a3e5f7ac2fdf009992664296109dd.jpg

Ye gods sir !   Is that life size , how do you press the keys ?

6 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I thought it was only me and Assur. that despised these things .  Why oh why do a couple go to a restaurant then spend their time looking at a little screen instead of each other ? Then they cut their food up into spoon size bits so they have a free hand fot the ipod/app/phone thing. I agree isaanbiker it must be an addiction . Oh I too have a Nokia , oh how I get stares when I whip it out after going off in my shorts.  I phone folk and they phone me on the Nokia that is all I need .

Mrs.Trans keeps on at me to get an internet phone, I say in no way am I going to turn into phone robot, my internet stuff is all done at home, when I am out I do what I want to do, which does not include burying my head in a phone looking at what folk are eating for dinner....END OF...😡

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Ye gods sir !   Is that life size , how do you press the keys ?

I had one. Great phone. Never a problem finding or pressing the keys (yet my gf says "OMG, your fingers are so big").