Immigration's BMW "Smart Cars" the latest tool to rid Thailand of illegal foreigners

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A motorcycle and a tablet would have done the same job, but a helluva lot cheaper,but where's the kickbacks in that I ask you. 🙂

You stick a computer and a WIFI hub in a 1973 Datsun 1200, and it will do the same job.   Trying to rationalize BMW's so you can buy more is so transparent.   Should have gone with

What would justify this being labeled a smart car would be a revolving Falangometer on the roof that slowly scanned in a 360 degree circle searching for miscreants. If it homed in on one it should emi

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

One has to wonder if a Toyota and a lap top could become a smart car?

The ANPR system in UK police cars would seem to be a lot smarter than this dumb but very expensive car.

Seems to me, that we could finally find a good reason to have a Tuk Tuk.

It seems to me that instead of a senior officer using his valuable time to direct his officers with their smart car this and machine that to check a location, an everyday plod could have gone there on his bike, checked the foreigners passports, seen overstays, witnessed them working and made an arrest:  job done!!

5 hours ago, DLock said:

Trying to rationalize BMW's so you can buy more is so transparent.

Should have gone with a Lambo or Porsche - BMW are one step above a Camry.

Aim higher kid.

A 1986 Pontiac Firebird would had been cool. Including a talking wristwatch ("Hey Kitt, target this Al Cha Beebee S. Nasser Calfan Hamed...). David H. could have advised a little bit...

380401_news.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I've heard Porsche cars are even better to find out overstaying foreigners.

The department who orders the car will also get back an undisclosed percentage of the total amount spent on the cars (to be spent on catching more overstaying foreigners of course).

Plenty of dosh to splash out. 

Ride and Arrest in Style.

How come there are so many foreigners are still in Thailand illegally for so long? I thought BJ got rid of them all before his famous promotion 🤔

Remember what happened to the previous government, around 20 years ago, who squandered huge amounts of money renting well over 100 Mercedes cars for the police force to come down to visit Pattaya 😞

With half the population on the breadline such waste does not make sense, or impress !

7 hours ago, DLock said:

You stick a computer and a WIFI hub in a 1973 Datsun 1200, and it will do the same job.

Trying to rationalize BMW's so you can buy more is so transparent.

Should have gone with a Lambo or Porsche - BMW are one step above a Camry.

Aim higher kid.

Personally I would put the Camry far higher than a BMW and a LEXUS well, even the new RAV4 would have been a better choice far better mileage, more space and running costs very low and they have the same or more USP power points. 

• Like 1