Jump to content

Immigration's BMW "Smart Cars" the latest tool to rid Thailand of illegal foreigners


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A motorcycle and a tablet would have done the same job, but a helluva lot cheaper,but where's the kickbacks in that I ask you. 🙂

You stick a computer and a WIFI hub in a 1973 Datsun 1200, and it will do the same job.   Trying to rationalize BMW's so you can buy more is so transparent.   Should have gone with

What would justify this being labeled a smart car would be a revolving Falangometer on the roof that slowly scanned in a 360 degree circle searching for miscreants. If it homed in on one it should emi

Posted Images

BMW's are expensive to repair,if you can get the very expensive parts,and a computer wise engineer/mechanic to do the work,and big problems with all that expensive plastic under the bonnet that just loves to break/split,you have to remove half the engine parts to do a small job,Germany must have loads of cars to spare now that America has leveled the playing filed,and the UK about to do the same,Germans now dumping their unsold cars in the far east.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sonyboy said:

BMW's are expensive to repair,if you can get the very expensive parts,and a computer wise engineer/mechanic to do the work,and big problems with all that expensive plastic under the bonnet that just loves to break/split,you have to remove half the engine parts to do a small job,Germany must have loads of cars to spare now that America has leveled the playing filed,and the UK about to do the same,Germans now dumping their unsold cars in the far east.

The models they are using are assembled in Rayong, Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw my first operational one of these creeping about near Hat Yai airport earlier. Very sinister.

 

The problem is, once all the foreigners have been targetted and expelled, they will start to use them against the locals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

a tablet smartphone small laptop connected to whatever dept.put the name in everything comes up.i have a parking  permit at home,the warden has a hand held device puts in the reg number comes up good or bad in secs.ticket or no ticket that is all they need now

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 9:27 AM, rooster59 said:

the public to call 1178 if they had anything or anyone to report.

And I thought all the rats were hiding in the telephone boxes!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

 I think we are all missing the point....which is that targeting Westerners who have chosen to live here and who bring with them money from outside the country is absurd.  It would be so much simpler to create a permanent residency status and make our lives simpler and allow the IO's more time to grab the border jumpers.

There is a permanent residency option available, but you have to work here, pay taxes for three years and speak a modicum of Thai.

 

Men that marry into Thai families or retire here have to provide for themselves and thus there is no permanent residency option available, which IMO is sensible given the volume of non-Thai men marrying Thai women.

 

Let's be honest, it is a very small minority of non-Thai men that integrate well into Thai society, have Thai friends, speak the language, etc. and those that do, in my experience, are the ones working full time here.

 

There are exceptions to the rule of course, but most expats socialise with other expats, live in expat enclaves and are totally detached from any real interaction with the local populus.

Edited by Yadon Toploy
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

 I think we are all missing the point....which is that targeting Westerners who have chosen to live here and who bring with them money from outside the country is absurd.  It would be so much simpler to create a permanent residency status and make our lives simpler and allow the IO's more time to grab the border jumpers.

I think we are all missing the point....which is that targeting Westerners who have chosen to live here and who bring with them money from outside the country is absurd.

 

I beg to differ. Every foreigner who visits, brings in money from outside. Just for the sake of money, a country cannot keep their eyes closed to all the scum that comes in.

Its NOT all westerners (or for that matter all foreigners) that are 'targeted' - its the scum that they are on the look out. Just reading through the TVF is enough to understand that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

There is a permanent residency option available, but you have to work here, pay taxes for three years and speak a modicum of Thai.

 

Men that marry into Thai families or retire here have to provide for themselves and thus there is no permanent residency option available, which IMO is sensible given the volume of non-Thai men marrying Thai women.

 

Let's be honest, it is a very small minority of non-Thai men that integrate well into Thai society, have Thai friends, speak the language, etc. and those that do, in my experience, are the ones working full time here.

 

There are exceptions to the rule of course, but most expats socialise with other expats, live in expat enclaves and are totally detached from any real interaction with the local populus.

You make it sound easy but in reality PR is almost impossible. I was working with a salary of 50.000 baht a month, I speak Thai and paid taxes for 6 years. They rejected my application because it was missing sensitive documents that my company won't provide me like (like financials that only shareholders have access too).

 

Only company owners and managers can get PR in Thailand. Not common mortals for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

You make it sound easy but in reality PR is almost impossible. I was working with a salary of 50.000 baht a month, I speak Thai and paid taxes for 6 years. They rejected my application because it was missing sensitive documents that my company won't provide me like (like financials that only shareholders have access too).

 

Only company owners and managers can get PR in Thailand. Not common mortals for sure.

Minimum for PR on employment is 80k for two years.

 

50k monthly is for business owners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ravip said:

I think we are all missing the point....which is that targeting Westerners who have chosen to live here and who bring with them money from outside the country is absurd.

 

I beg to differ. Every foreigner who visits, brings in money from outside. Just for the sake of money, a country cannot keep their eyes closed to all the scum that comes in.

Its NOT all westerners (or for that matter all foreigners) that are 'targeted' - its the scum that they are on the look out. Just reading through the TVF is enough to understand that.

I have read a lot of comments like yours referring to foreigners as scum.  I see many coming from Burma who are poor looking to better themselves, Chinese tourist who tend to lack basic social skills, Japanese who are probably the politest, Americans, Canadians, and Europeans but none who look like scum.

 

As far as immigration officers, I see many of those who have very basic office skills, are void of any law enforcement skills, who are required to follow some of the most idiotic rules imposed on foreigners in the world, while their leaders buy their way up through the ranks.  I wouldn't consider any of them as scum either.  

 

These people are living in a third world country, with one of the worst education systems in the world, along with one of the more corrupt governments in the world.  However, Thai Immigration for some reason is making it as difficult as possible for westerners to continue living here. That seems to be the point many are missing here.  I think you can dispense with the scum comments.      

 

   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 9:27 AM, rooster59 said:

BMW "Smart Cars" the latest tool

A tool is someone who lacks the capacity to realize they're being used by someone else. A fool. This person might have low intelligence and/or self-esteem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...