Thai PE teacher who assaulted students transferred! Alumni praise "great teacher"

rooster59

Thai PE teacher who assaulted students transferred! Alumni praise "great teacher"

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYwMi84MDEzMjU0L3RlYWNoZXIuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

A PE teacher at a school in Ayuthaya was in tears after education officials told him he was being transferred to clerical duties while an investigation takes place into an assault on many students.

Som had been filmed using a stick to beat female students aged about 14. 

In addition when one tried to protect her bottom from the savage thrashing he shouted at her in Thai: "Why are you trying to protect yourself - you "b*tch".

After the meeting - in which reporters were not allowed - a whole host of alumni showed up to present flowers and give their support. This caused Som to burst into floods of tears.

He would only say: "I've told the parents and director all I know". He then left. 

Sorasak, 38, Som's ex-student said he was a great teacher who prepared his students wonderfully for Thai society. He also brought great credit to the school whether it was in the sphere of sport or the school orchestra, reported Sanook.

He taught all about responsibility and discipline. Sorasak said that he had been hit by the teacher harder than the girls had experienced.

This he referred to as "exorcising the ghost". He would be hit from the ankles all the way up to chase out laziness. This all resulted in him getting a job after school and keeping employment to this day, he claimed. 

Suchanaree of the Ayuthaya education authority said that Som would be doing clerical duties while a committee tries to get to the truth of what happened. 

The parent wanted her daughter to remain at the school and seeing as it was term two wanted no disruption as she needed continuity.

The girl's injuries and psychological state were examined. 

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYwMi84MDEzMjU0L19tZ18xMzQzLmpwZw==.jpg

The mother of the 14 year old girl in the video, Wanlapha, 32, said the actions of the school and their initial explanations had been a positive first step. 

But the teacher concerned hadn't bothered to contact her. She was going to consult other family members before deciding her next course of action. 

She said her daughter was stressed out by what had happened and she feared psychological damage. 

Wanlapha said she was someone who respects authority but punishment should be appropriate and foul language should not be used. 

Thaivisa notes that corporal punishment in Thai schools is illegal. 

But many teachers who assault children are let off with warnings after offering apologies as a society used to decades of abuse of children comes to terms with modern day laws. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-18

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It was the norm at my school. I wrote an article in a national magazine about corporal punishment in my school and was promptly expelled. Was only reinstated with the intervention of the local education authority....and an agreement that I would consent to being caned for my "crime"!

As a result of my treatment at school, I became a violent young man. But I'm alright noooooww......

Agree canning was norm at school in my time and remember not seeming to pay attention in a history class, I was bored for sure.

I was expelled too and would not agree and give consent to be canned.

I considered I was right punching the history teacher in the stomach after he smacked me hard on the side of the head with the back of his hand, he then went on to smack me again after I had said " don't do that again ". 

• Haha 2

Looking forward to a "Were you expelled from school?" poll, to go with the "Do you hate your father?" one.

On todays sample so far, about 25% members (including me) were.

????

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 1

Sorasak, 38, Som's ex-student said he was a great teacher who prepared his students wonderfully for Thai society. He also brought great credit to the school whether it was in the sphere of sport or the school orchestra, reported Sanook.

That's called blasphemy. 

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Sorasak, 38, Som's ex-student said he was a great teacher who prepared his students wonderfully for Thai society.

Regarding this guy's penchant for beating the female youngsters in his care, the alumni Sorasak above certainly was correct about the teacher preparing his students wonderfully for Thai society....   :ph34r: 

Vocational training for future BFs, husbands and relatives....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A PE teacher at a school in Ayuthaya was in tears after education officials told him he was being transferred to clerical duties while an investigation takes place

That´s a pathetic little <deleted>.

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That´s a pathetic little <deleted>.

Don't worry, he'll be back in the classroom somewhere soon enough.... after their "investigation" is completed, and concludes it was all a big misunderstanding and he won't do it again...at least....for a few days.

• Like 2

My pencil rolled off of my desk during a French test and after picking it up was accused by the teacher of cheating.  Although I refuted that and those seated around me supported me, I was again told by the teacher that I had cheated and that I would "write lines" as a punishment.  Next day I did not conform and was sent to the headmaster who "talked with me, then later the teacher concerned about my "punishment".  Then he told me that I had to accept the punishment.  When I informed him that I would not accept any form of punishment for something I had not done, and that the other students gave voice in my support, the headmaster went to his cupboard and told me that I would receive corporal punishment as well.  When I refused to accept his punishment I was told to go home and think about it.  I did go straight home and next day found a job and started work.  Three months later, I was in the Royal navy, having signed my Attestation Papers before the incident.  The irony is that the headmaster wanted to talk with my mother, after I was in the RN about why I had not returned to school for my punishment.  She just laughed in his face and told him where I was and that he should have listened to the other students who had supported me before summarily dismissing me from his presences after he supported the teacher and not fully investigating the incident.  Later in life I went on to become a Registered Clinical Psychologist but am now retired except for doing some Pro Bono work.

nuf sed. 

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

he was a great teacher who prepared his students wonderfully for Thai society

Yep nothing like beating an underage student girl on the buttocks to prepare them for Thai society ... says it all I think! 

• Like 2