Marriage Extension "More Changes" To The Usual Paperwork ?

A)  I photocopy ALL pages of my bank book to show the IO. Do you mean your current bank book, or all past bank books back to 2015?

B) That has been the case at CW for many years now. My wife always goes to the Amphoe a few months before application to get an updated Kor Ror 2

• Like 1

1. You may have misinterpreted (or he's misinterpreted instructions) to request for copies of ALL pages of your bankbook since 2015.

Usually only copies of your bankbook for the previous year are required.

2. Been the norm at most Immigration offices since 2018 to obtain an updated Kor Ror 2 (or Kor Ror 22 if married abroad), from your Amphur, proving since marriage there is no record of divorce.

Otherwise you can abuse the system, as a couple I know who did, paying the ex to attend Immigration under the pretence of still being married.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A. That seems to be a little over top and I can't understand why they would want it.

B.  Would be a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

I have been having my wife to get a new one for about 7 years now since they first asked for one.

A) Yes, that's what I thought, but at least I now no they want it, so they will get it, "over the top", definitely.

B) Yes, ok, looks like Sakon Nakhon are now catching up with other offices, so looks like another trip, bank, Amphor for updated Kor Ror 2

Getting easier by the year ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

A)  I photocopy ALL pages of my bank book to show the IO. Do you mean your current bank book, or all past bank books back to 2015?

Only the current bank book, which goes back to 2016 (correction from 2015 previously stated), wife says when the last page is filled and I get a new book, I have to use the old and new book next year, but after that, start fresh, not having to use the old one in the following application.

As for the Kor Ror 2 looks like other offices have been requesting it, so its another add on for me ????

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Usually only copies of your bankbook for the previous year are required.

2. Been the norm at most Immigration offices since 2018 to obtain an updated Kor Ror 2 (or Kor Ror 22 if married abroad), from your Amphur, proving since marriage there is no record of divorce.

Otherwise you can abuse the system, as a couple I know who did, paying the ex to attend Immigration under the pretence of still being married.

See above post.

44 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

i photocopy EVERY page of my bankbook every year.

but as it's an FTD, it only ever has one page

i'll get a new FTD next year

????

That might just save me a lot of photocopying, so might just park 400,000 in a separate bank account and copy one page twice for them, problem sorted, thanks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A. That seems to be a little over top and I can't understand why they would want it.

I have been having my wife to get a new one for about 7 years now since they first asked for one.

I did my marriage extension in Nov and it was the first time I had to provide an updated form.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

A) Yes, that's what I thought, but at least I now no they want it, so they will get it, "over the top", definitely.

B) Yes, ok, looks like Sakon Nakhon are now catching up with other offices, so looks like another trip, bank, Amphor for updated Kor Ror 2

Getting easier by the year ????

I send the wife to the Amphur office for the KR2 (20 baht), whilst I go to the bank, then meet at Immigration.

You can get an updated KR2 at any Amphur office, so nearest to Immigration would save on travel and time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I send the wife to the Amphur office for the KR2 (20 baht), whilst I go to the bank, then meet at Immigration.

You can get an updated KR2 at any Amphur office, so nearest to Immigration would save on travel and time.

Thx, will do same next year, wife to Amphur, me to bank as they are pretty close by in our town, then do the hour 20 journey to immigration office.

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thx, will do same next year, wife to Amphur, me to bank as they are pretty close by in our town, then do the hour 20 journey to immigration office.

I take it you are aware you can obtain the required letter from any branch of your bank.

Also an updated KR2 from any Amphur office.

Only mention it in case you had an issue at Immigration.

No need to take a one hour 20 trip back home.

18 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I take it you are aware you can obtain the required letter from any branch of your bank.

Also an updated KR2 from any Amphur office.

Only mention it in case you had an issue at Immigration.

No need to take a one hour 20 trip back home.

Slight misunderstanding, yes we did get the updated Kor Ror 2 from Sakon Nakhon near the immigration department, no way were we going to drive back for an hour and 20 and then return on Monday.

I meant next renewal application, we will do it locally at our town, bank and Amphur and then drive to immigration an hour 20 away, almost bit the dust yesterday, but thankfully they suggested the local Amphur up the road about a 10 minute drive.

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Jomtien-not interested in bankbook just want letter from bank certifying monthly deposits plus same day deposit plus updated kor ror 2 from amphur

I did a same day withdrawl not deposit ,no problem . well they wanted 1900 baht

I can confirm that when I applied for for my next extension in Buriram, the IO refused our Kor Ror 2 (marriage certificate) that was about one week old. It had to show the date of application. Which implies that now one has to got to the bank, then some amphur and last to the IO, all in one day.

Who says we aren't unwanted?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LOS1 said:

Side story:

Oh, and at the end the IO says: 2500 baht. I say: No, it's 1900 baht. He says: 500 baht charge from retirement to marriage. I say: It is not in any immigration rules/charges that I have read. So, caught with my gonies between my legs I put down the extra 500 baht while glaring at the IO. He takes it, and then surprisingly throws the 500 baht back on the table. Better watch my back when I come back there on the 14th Feb.???? 

Like it, there will be many IOs depressed at the idea that the new rules will trigger quite a lot of "Retirement" to "Thai Wife" migrations. This one begged for some help to overcome his spleen; you are so "Keeneeow"!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

as my three days were nearing their end and after A

and then B they threw in C which was the TM30

never been asked for before.

then D a fine that was not mine.

then E  my landlords house, book

and Chanute ,every year before a rental contract was enough.

and like a cherry on the top of this cake they had baked and

even though they had had the documents for three days.

we got F'' we do not like your pictures,''

they certainly did not want us to get a Married to a Thai extension

I wonder why do they put so much effort into trying to push people

towards a retirement Visa. or an agent ? and there were plenty about.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I'll tell you about over the top.

I went to KK IM 3 weeks ago for my marriage ext. Had everything ready including a Kor Ror 2.

The IO accepted everything and gave me a date 30 days out to return.

2 days later my wife got a call from IO. Said he was not going to visit and to bring 2 witnesses to the IO office. 

My wife did so the same day. The IO rejected the 2 saying they did not both live in the same tambon. My wife called another friend who was kind enough to come right down to IMM that did live in the same Tambon.

3 days later another call. IO said we don't live at the same address as my yellow book. I said I am not aware of a rules that requires it. He said go to our other address and take a picture. We did so.

2 Days later I was asked to bring in my bank book. Did so and had to copy all pages.

1 day later I was asked for proof of where I get my income from. Told her it is in the original papers that I gave her. She said it is not I said check again she said sorry.

I'm still waiting for my extension.

• Thanks 1

I did my extension at the same office back in August. I just presented bank statements. When asked about the passbook, I told him I never keep it up to date because I have on-line banking and don't need to. That was the end of that conversation. However following the O/Ps experience I'll do so for next time, just in case.

Kor Ror 2 was required but I'd been forewarned at my recent 90 day report and it has been mentioned a number of times on TVF.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Momofarang said:

I can confirm that when I applied for for my next extension in Buriram, the IO refused our Kor Ror 2 (marriage certificate) that was about one week old. It had to show the date of application. Which implies that now one has to got to the bank, then some amphur and last to the IO, all in one day.

Who says we aren't unwanted?

What an ahole, same day, does he know the Amphur has long que's, probably does, just goes to show they don't like their jobs and take it out on us, I don't think it's because they don't like us, it's just their way of saying if the top want us to play by the rules, then we will play by the rules, as for the farang, oh well, not my ploblem.

Foruntaley for me, the guys at my IO I attend have always been cheerful and good to me and everyone else there, albeit I was caught by surprise on Friday afternoon about not knowing that all the bank pages were required to be copied (the IO doing it for me every other time) unbeknown to me, and the Kor Ror 2 having to be updated annually, so at least now I know and will reward him when I go back at the end of February to get my passbook stamp.

As for next year, I will drop the wife off at the Amphur before I drop the kids to school, then go to the bank, the wife can meet me there when she is done and then we can drive to the IO, hopefully that trip we won't have to worry about anything else.

17 hours ago, zoza said:

as my three days were nearing their end and after A

and then B they threw in C which was the TM30

never been asked for before.

then D a fine that was not mine.

then E  my landlords house, book

and Chanute ,every year before a rental contract was enough.

and like a cherry on the top of this cake they had baked and

even though they had had the documents for three days.

we got F'' we do not like your pictures,''

they certainly did not want us to get a Married to a Thai extension

I wonder why do they put so much effort into trying to push people

towards a retirement Visa. or an agent ? and there were plenty about.   

Simple answer it is more work for THEM. they tried that on me and a friend at different IO offices even called my mate into the back office to try and dissuade him saying he would have to stay home everyday ????

• Like 1

Ok, you have all convinced me that it is very unlikely I'll wish to apply for a 12 month marriage extension. I was posturing for a "just in case"preparedness, may as well save on the monthly SWIFT transfer fees (as well as reading some of the antics regarding the income method at some offices). Thanks For all this information ????

My Options list

1. non-O ME stopped being issued in home country Jun 2019

2. O-A ME  disregarded non-viable Oct 2019

6. 12 Month in country Extension with Multi-re-entry permit, Takes more than 90 days to obtain & all the posts above & more.

7. METV ? could start working again, so I don't have time to use it! (to get the Employers letter)

3. non-O SE 90 Days (with the 60 day extension as a last resort, if unwell or car crash ????)

4. TV SE 60 Days                                            "

5. VE 30 Days

8. Elite Visa ( I'll put another lottery ticket on next week)

50% off the list in 21 months, dropped more than GDP over 14 years ????

• Haha 1