Video: Yikes! Tour bus driver gets sucked in by his fan belt

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Some even suggested turning off the engine first might have been the correct course of action.

For not just mentioning the bus driver, which is a complete moron. It seems by these kind of comments that the Thai netizens are getting smarter day by day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neeray said:

I'll bet many of us who have tinkered with our own vehicles have done similarly dumb things and experienced close calls.

I have ! 

I was tightening the connections on my car battery when I was a very young man, the spanner was long enough to reach + to - I learnt a valuable lesson very quickly, 50 years later I can remember it clear as day!

• Thanks 1

How does a fanbelt 'suck' someone into an engine? If an object was was drawn into the engine by the fanbelt, or was caught by the fanbelt, this would be more correct.

Also, fault diagnosis, adjustments, and confirmation of repairs may well require the engine to be operating.

there's us all assuming again....

4 hours ago, 30la said:

It is advisable to always switch off the engine before making any repairs!

Ahhhh  What about the good old day when you adjusted the timing with a strobe light ... Watch that fan belt as you twist the distributer .. and do not let the strobe light cable get tangled up as well ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neeray said:

I'll bet many of us who have tinkered with our own vehicles have done similarly dumb things and experienced close calls.

I have ! 

Agreed.  I have done similar but have also heard some horror stories from when I was involved in the fishing industry that entailed fisherman in wet weather gear going below deck and getting caught up in belts, some even being killed.

Looks to me like he was filling up the radiator with water and his shirt got sucked into the fan belt.

One time I was operating a Capstan Lathe and my  big woolly jumper got caught around the lead screw pulling my head slowly but surely towards the jaws of death !!!!  my employer was more concerned that I broke the lathe ????

image.thumb.jpeg.f94adb1b1d609592908c7584fb16683c.jpeg