Is she the oldest person in Thailand?

Brunolem

In my (wife's) village lives a woman who was born on the 2nd of May 2458 (as per her ID card).

For non-Buddhist , that would be the 2nd of May 1915!!!

Thus, this woman will soon be 105 years old.

I know her and see her every day, and she is still very much here, even though she has serious troubles with hearing (but is it not the same for most Thais?).

Think about it...this woman was born in the times of Julius Caesar...no, scratch that, .in the middle of WWI, 24 years before Siam became Thailand.

Having said all that, if you know, or know of, a Thai person older than her, feel free to share...

30 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Since computerised records keeping was only introduced to Thailand not long ago i wouldn't put much stock in what it says in that ID card, my housekeeper not sure when she was born, so go figure...

Of course, this could be said about any country, since none of them was computerized in 1915, and long after that.

When it comes to people aged over a hundred year old, we have to rely on whatever source is available...

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

What would be the point?

the point is if they are barely literate farmers, mistakes would be easily made on an ID card... oyu knock everyone's education level but don't have the brain power to connect 2+2? 

That would be 4 beers... 

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

One can already imagine families of barely literate farmers

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Since computerised records keeping was only introduced to Thailand not long ago i wouldn't put much stock in what it says in that ID card, my housekeeper not sure when she was born, so go figure...

Perhaps the birth date was copied from her birth certificate. Thais do get them you know.

There are probably amphur records written on paper that have been store somewhere for decades which is where most of the computerised records started from.

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

As per post 4....later was discovered this guy was 40years younger than his ID card....same definitely applies to this lady. Albeit how many years who knows....yet

So he's 88 and not 128? Do you have any links? I googled him and can only find stories about him being 128. 

That would mean he was 33 yrs old rather than 73 yrs old when marrying his 15 yr old bride in 1964. She either has a terrible memory, or they're both scamming. Or he really is 128 yrs old! 

Would be interesting to know if there are any wedding records, photographs etc. A wedding photo showing a 73yr Mr Aon old with his 15yr old bride would be pretty conclusive. 

My wife's great grandmother died about a year back.  My wife's mother is well into her 80s, and she has an older sister who's close to 90. Her mother (my wife's grandmother) is still kicking too, one of those elderly women whose backs are permanently bent at a 90 degree angle, but she still shuffles about.  Even if she had her first child at an early age, she'd still have been over a hundred when her own mother was alive.  I think a life of work in the fields with a diet of rice, vegetables and fish has something to recommend it.  On my wall I have a photo I took of my grandson, his mother (our daughter), my wife, her mother, her grandmother and her great grandmother all together.  Six generations.  My grandson got to see his great, great, great, grandmother, though sadly, being so young, he won't remember her.

• Like 1

I had a roommate who was a Christian painting contractor once tell me that people in the Bible times lived to be hundreds of years old.

Of course his creditors were always sending him overdue payment notices because he was scamming them. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

18 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Of course, this could be said about any country, since none of them was computerized in 1915, and long after that.

When it comes to people aged over a hundred year old, we have to rely on whatever source is available...

Did they have written recorded birth details in the villages to source the computerised details from?

10 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

So he's 88 and not 128? Do you have any links? I googled him and can only find stories about him being 128. 

That would mean he was 33 yrs old rather than 73 yrs old when marrying his 15 yr old bride in 1964. She either has a terrible memory, or they're both scamming. Or he really is 128 yrs old! 

Would be interesting to know if there are any wedding records, photographs etc. A wedding photo showing a 73yr Mr Aon old with his 15yr old bride would be pretty conclusive. 

Here ya go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From most of the posts above, there are some interesting conclusions to draw.

The first reaction of many posters is to reject the possibility for this woman to be as old as her ID card says because, by definition, her ID card is wrong/fake/mistaken...you name it.

Not only that, but the error on the ID card can ONLY be one way...it makes her older than she really is, but not younger...why?how do they know that?

Then comes the usual perfection of computerized data...only data on a computer can be trusted...go wonder how the world worked before the computer age, which is only a few decades old...

According to their logic, we should doubt, if not reject, all the dates of events and ages of the persons, that occured and lived before the age of enlightment /computerization!

Finally, it is ironic to see posters behave (intellectually) in the same way as those (administrations, notably immigration) they decry so much for always asking for more documents/proofs, for lack of trust, making their lives miserable...go figure...