Video: Cops shouldn't get drunk after work - just go home and give up the booze, says chief

rooster59

I have always thought it strange how the police here get on so well with the Taxi Motorbike riders.

I find it difficult to understand how police can socialize with the riffraff.

In Australia the cops tend to keep to themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VYCM said:

I have always thought it strange how the police here get on so well with the Taxi Motorbike riders.

I expect they learn a lot of "intelligence" from them. Sometimes we hear that a tourist has had something stolen and the cops have miraculously returned it, they probably get to know who's hanging around the local area and robbing people from the taxi guys, sometimes.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

'The chief said that those under his command should go home after doing their duty and not go to "improper places". '

But then the improper places would lose their most loyal clientele. Bad for the economy, na.

and no monthly brown envelope for BIB.

41 minutes ago, VYCM said:

They help the police quite a bit, helped find my exgf Purse Snatcher without them would of not been caught, in Pattaya 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I expect they learn a lot of "intelligence" from them. Sometimes we hear that a tourist has had something stolen and the cops have miraculously returned it, they probably get to know who's hanging around the local area and robbing people from the taxi guys, sometimes.

Exactly 

3 hours ago, VYCM said:

The taxi riders are the "eyes & ears" of many things going on, they see all, hear all and know all !

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The taxi riders are the "eyes & ears" of many things going on, they see all, hear all and know all !

Yes they are stationed on "every street corner" often are volunteer police too.  "taa saparot"

This is good advice but better although off duty is review and then suspend the officer if necessary that would be a lot more effective than asking?  Asking a Thai to give up the booze that is like asking them not to take tea money?

Edited by thailand49