BANGKOK
Speedo1968

Will my English daughter need visa to visit Thailand ?

On of my daughters from England will visit Thailand again at the end of February for 10 days.    Her last visit was 4 years ago.

Will she need a visa ?    If so she can get before she arrives as easier than filling forms on arrival.

Will she need health insurance ?   Not sure if included in her cheap deal.

• Haha 1

OP, an added note...at passport control there is a section with imm officers processing "visa on arrival" folk.

Adjacent are the numerous lines for others. That is where she will line up. Also lines for Asean passport holders. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

UK passport walk straight to passport control and she will be stamped in for 30 days

No need for health insurance.

Many thanks for your prompt response.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Assuming she is on a UK passport she can get 30 days Visa exempt on arrival (no forms to fill out). Easy peasy.

It is not required by immigration, but no one should come here uninsured. Have her take out a travel policy that includes emergency medical care and repatriation. If she will be riding motorcycles here (inc motot taxis) make sure the policy covers that (to be covered driving a motorcycle she will need appropriate license. (Really not recommended, even experienced motorcyclists get into trouble driving here).

For a stay of just 10 days cost of travel insurance will be minimal.

Many thanks Sheryl, I will remind her about medical insurance.

13 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Maybe your daughter knows already but on TM6 arrival slip just put your address and I was told nowadays to be the safe side of immigration do a TM30 at your local immigration office.

In my experience when I was just coming for a short holiday. A couple times I didn’t write anything about where I was staying purely for be lazy. I’d have to open iPad dig out reading glasses and fill in..... 

Those couple of times I was told fill in address so being lazy then cause me more time at the IO window... I did step to the side not

to hold up others in line. 

IMO it’s better to write something....  Now I’m Non-O and write the address. 

Many people just write "local hotel"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, an added note...at passport control there is a section with imm officers processing "visa on arrival" folk.

Adjacent are the numerous lines for others. That is where she will line up. Also lines for Asean passport holders. 

Why would someone not needing a VOA do that?  She goes to the normal Immigration lines.

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why would someone not needing a VOA do that?  She goes to the normal Immigration lines.

Read it carefully. I said "Adjacent to that is the numerous lines for others. That is where she will line up". Granted could have been better worded.

Im in/out Thailand every other week and often need point out to few people who have gone to incorrect area (visa on arrival lines) 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Maybe your daughter knows already but on TM6 arrival slip just put your address and I was told nowadays to be the safe side of immigration do a TM30 at your local immigration office.

Thanks for the reminder.

My daughter will be staying in a hotel in Bangkok, I will travel from where I live to meet her there.

If she travels elsewhere then whatever hotel she stays in will register her stay.
I have lived here many years and am aware of the TM30...

Edited by Speedo1968
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Read it carefully. I said "Adjacent to that is the numerous lines for others. That is where she will line up". Granted could have been better worded.

Im in/out Thailand every other week and often need point out to few people who have gone to incorrect area (visa on arrival lines) 

"Read it carefully...Granted could have been better worded".

So, what you mean is that if I "read it carefully", which I did, that wouldn't have helped!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Thanks for the reminder.

My daughter will be staying in a hotel in Bangkok, I will travel from where I live to meet her there.

If she travels elsewhere then whatever hotel she stays in will register her stay.
I have lived here many years and am aware of the TM30...

In your and your daughter's circumstances I would have thought that you did not need to ask the original questions.

• Like 1