VIDEO: Farang’s aren’t all good! Elderly foreigner caught brazenly stealing mobile phone in Pattaya

rooster59

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Reminds me of the foreigner who put his foot on some money dropped by a lady in front of him at the supermarket line.

or

The guy who saw a fellow traveler drop a bag at the airport and kicked it away and then picked it up.

Maybe not habitual criminals and only opportunist thieves  but still thieves, perfectly aware that what they are doing is wrong but cannot resist the temptation.

Why anyone should defend these people is beyond me, they deserve whatever sentence/fine they are given, no excuses.

Petty thieves , living compromised lives to be pitied . What they give up far outweighs what they take. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lazeeboy said:

Deport him .....are you people for real he's an OAP maybe he ha dementia deport really 

Unless you're trying to say his possible "dementia" led to him stealing a phone by not realising right from wrong then I think you might have the wrong illness.

Opportunist thief he most certainly is... but dumb enough to do it on CCTV that is cause for concern!

1 hour ago, mattig1972 said:

All I see in the video is a guy picking up a phone. What's the evidence for the claim that it's not his?

Are you for real ?   Do you think the female staff member would go through all this media attention if it wasn't her phone ???? 

1 minute ago, iLuvThai said:

Thailand is to polite. Can anyone explaing to me why the news media blurrs out the crimial element?

It would make solving crimes so much quicker if we could see the crooks and perps.

There is a video who does not blur out his face if you search for it. 

4 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Find and deport no excuses.

I was buying beer at a neighborhood store after I had already been drinking and gave the store worker the wrong money, much less then the cost of my purchase, I then went home. The next day when I went to the store, the store keeper told me I owed them money and they had it on video. I watched the video and was shocked, it was obvious I short changed the store and of course gave them their money. My actions were not intentional. My thought was why didn't they say something at the time. 

The solution is simple:  Find, arrest, implement penalty, then remove permanently from Thailand.  No more issues related to this useless individual. Repeat with next expat until all bad guys removed, good guys in are left.  Not complicated.  

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Absolutely not! Anyone can tell from his actions that he tried to hide the phone from the girl when she went to give him back his change and when he subsequently pocketed it. 
Please don’t try to defend the indefensible. 

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

Unfortunately and all too often some people will choose to differ.

You see it as black, they say it's white, its raining , they see the sun shining, the weather is cold they will say its hot. 

The headline even reads Foreigner caught stealing mobile phone.

The lady whose phone was stolen posted this video on Facebook.

It's hard to understand why people cant see the truth.

Most times, the truth is bitter. Whatever one says, human beings will be biased in one-way or another - it will be impossible to find someone 100% non-biased.

The above two posts (amongst many others) describes whats on the video simply and without bias, while others find a way to justify the stealing. Justifying a thief's actions are as good as thieving IMHO.

Imagine the distress of the poor owner, when she found that her phone was lost - maybe, she could hardly afford to buy another new one.

Scum is scum, from wherever they originate from.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, I am More Thai Than You said:

Dare I guess which country this geezer is from? Dare I.....

Up to you mate, but you'll probably get kicked out of TV as there has already been a warning from the moderators. 

Of course they are not all good. Just like everywhere there are bad and good/respectful people. We can judge a nationality by one persons' action, or we can accept there are a few misfits everywhere. I could easily pick one bad person from every country I have visited, but generally people are honest.

1 hour ago, mike787 said:

The solution is simple:  Find, arrest, implement penalty, then remove permanently from Thailand.  No more issues related to this useless individual. Repeat with next expat until all bad guys removed, good guys in are left.  Not complicated.  

There ya go, you've found another topic to occupy yourself with.

Happy days.

????????????????????????????

Edited by roo860
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

There is another thread running on this. In the facebook comments it says the farang has brung it back at last. 

...accepting a kind Wai from her and still making off with her phone...bet if it was a single use plastic bag with dog excrement in it, t'would still be there.

Edited by tandor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1