VIDEO: Farang’s aren’t all good! Elderly foreigner caught brazenly stealing mobile phone in Pattaya

rooster59

1 hour ago, mike787 said:

The solution is simple:  Find, arrest, implement penalty, then remove permanently from Thailand.  No more issues related to this useless individual. Repeat with next expat until all bad guys removed, good guys in are left.  Not complicated.  

See my previous post.

If they remove the farang who has the occasional problem with five finger discounts etc., just think of the impact on their retirement funds...$$$

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

See my previous post.

If they remove the farang who has the occasional problem with five finger discounts etc., just think of the impact on their retirement funds...$$$

I did read your post.  My interpretation (correct me where i am wrong) your post, based on the facts was not premeditated/intentional action as was the farang in this post.  Accidental versus malicious intent is opposite.   If intentional, my opinion stands.  Old saying: If you cannot do the time, don't do the crime.

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

I saw a few retired farangs stealing self-service drinks (without paying) when the vendor was not watching too. It only cost around 30-40 baht per drink. The place is in Chiang Mai.

This goes to show that Thai government is right to impose a minimum income level for foreigners instead of relying on false affidavits. Unfortunately, only a few embassies have stopped issuing affidavits, the rest are still issuing them.

Because rich people never steal right ????

7 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Find and deport no excuses.

How about find how confused he was?
With age, dementure, and that doesn't cross your mind.
God forbid that you, and the other posters, don't find yourself in a similar situation.

Please open your eyes.

OK he may he is bad, but why accept, on face value, all that you read?

The media have control!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

I saw a few retired farangs stealing self-service drinks (without paying) when the vendor was not watching too. It only cost around 30-40 baht per drink. The place is in Chiang Mai.

This goes to show that Thai government is right to impose a minimum income level for foreigners instead of relying on false affidavits. Unfortunately, only a few embassies have stopped issuing affidavits, the rest are still issuing them.

I see retirees who meet the requirements and even have plenty of cash in Chiang Mai daily, yet they are cheesy and only buy 2-3 beers at a cheap bar.
Make a problem about 10-20B price differences and stuff. Then I know people on tight budgets buying a round for others. So what you say is absolute garbage.
Also many people on smaller budgets end up spending more monthly than rich ones too.

Could be anyone stealing, nonsense to generalise or assume this is how people with smaller budgets are. Most poorer people are nicer, honest and share + tip.
I have been at embassy functions where diplomats were stealing bottles of booze, that was already free to drink, and let their drivers put it in their cars.

Yes there are lame cheap skate and poor behaving foreigners too, some who even try to benefit from me all the time, but that is really a minority.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kc4asia said:

"Farangs aren't all good."   What an understatement.  I have lived in my same residence in BKK for 15+ years.  

Ever considered moving to another building or area before judging the country or city to be a certain way? Or have certain foreigners?

• Like 1

Deal with that idiot in the context of the law - though "farang" bashing, which is the name of the game these days, is counterproductive and does nothing but wind up the "anti-farang" clock. 

As said, nail the geezer in such a way, that even he clearly understands, that theft is a theft - irrespective of by who and where! 

Being bias about all foreigners is very wrong, Just look who killed at the Gold Shop, Just look at who is taking brides at Immigration Offices? Been stopped at police road checks? Very seldom do you get to drive through with out paying a Tea money

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This is why countries do not want to allow people in with criminal backgrounds. Now, I'm not saying this guy has a past criminal record, but I'd bet that given that he was this brazen, this is not the first and only crime that he's perpetrated, just probably never been caught

• Sad 1

A lot of people like to retire or vacation in Thailand, including criminals?  You don't say. ????

Reminds me of the time a dumb Texan told me it wasn't good to live close to a highway, because it was easy for criminals to rob your house and drive home on the highway.

Criminals like to use roads?

Like everyone else? ????

14 hours ago, lensta said:

No he doesn't give us all a bad name, same a Thai thief doesn't give all Thais a bad name.

You should go read the OP title again, then come back and read what you posted. Do it twice if you don't see a contradiction. 

20 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Find and deport no excuses.

I disagree.

You use deportation as the punishment.  Deportation in no punishment for someone who was leaving anyway, or someone who doesn't mind leaving Thailand.

He should be charged and sentenced.  That sentence can be anything from a fine, to jail, but deportation is no deterrent.

If the only punishment for theft by a foreigner was deportation, the crime rate would go through the roof. 

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The overwhelming majority of us are trying our best to be good neighbours

despite being surrounded by bad neighbours with unchecked barking dogs; unsilenced motor bikes and drunken parties well into the night.

• Like 1