VIDEO: Farang’s aren’t all good! Elderly foreigner caught brazenly stealing mobile phone in Pattaya

rooster59

Being charitable, having watched the clip a few times, perhaps initially he thought it was his phone that he had placed there whilst he had his feet washed. That was until the point he noticed the other worker looking in his general direction and the owner of the phone coming back. At that point he kept his hand over the phone. That looks shady and rather like he knew what he was doing.  Having been charitable, I would now say that it is Soi Buakhaow and a singlet, cargo pants combo. Nuff said!

20 hours ago, balo said:

There is a video who does not blur out his face if you search for it. 

The reality is that even where, as in this case, the act seems to be a blatant one, there does need to be a degree of presumption of innocence or you get mob justice.  There is a serious lack of competence in the forensic police practices in Thailand and the practice of parading alleged perpetrators in front of the TV cameras in order that they can publicly incriminate themselves will probably land Thailand in the international court at some time in the future.    

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom59 said:

Being charitable, having watched the clip a few times, perhaps initially he thought it was his phone that he had placed there whilst he had his feet washed. That was until the point he noticed the other worker looking in his general direction and the owner of the phone coming back. At that point he kept his hand over the phone. That looks shady and rather like he knew what he was doing.  Having been charitable, I would now say that it is Soi Buakhaow and a singlet, cargo pants combo. Nuff said!

It's likely he was a thief in the past and the temptation of taking a phone just sitting there was too great. I wonder if he can even operate a smartphone? maybe that's why he took it back

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's likely he was a thief in the past and the temptation of taking a phone just sitting there was too great. I wonder if he can even operate a smartphone? maybe that's why he took it back

Publicity made him take it back, probably reads stuff here.....Fear of deportation too..????

17 hours ago, laislica said:

How about find how confused he was?
With age, dementure, and that doesn't cross your mind.
God forbid that you, and the other posters, don't find yourself in a similar situation.

Please open your eyes.

OK he may he is bad, but why accept, on face value, all that you read?

The media have control!

..that's for the Court to decide on the evidence presented.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom59 said:

The reality is that even where, as in this case, the act seems to be a blatant one, there does need to be a degree of presumption of innocence or you get mob justice.  There is a serious lack of competence in the forensic police practices in Thailand and the practice of parading alleged perpetrators in front of the TV cameras in order that they can publicly incriminate themselves will probably land Thailand in the international court at some time in the future.    

Well... everyone knows about the "international court'!!!!!!! 555 ROFLMFAO

Don't know if it is the case here, but phones do accidentally get "stolen".  They mostly look the same.  Like an earlier poster said, who steals phones anymore.  They are worth little and almost all have security passwords required.

I hope he's caught and sent back to his country , many of his type are here doing so many bad things, some on TV are claiming he has dementia , LOL , yea right , the kind of people on here are so funny hypocrites , i guess if he were black , indian , chinese , most here whom r yellow men would have said many bad things , now the evil person here is like them , then they defend him , lol DEMENTIA , LOL, it's like when police shoots a black man unprovoked they would come out with all lies and misinformation to soothe their agenda, (hypocrites), the worst and evil race on earth , we do know them.

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2020 at 3:01 PM, Kaitangsou said:

Let us be honest here...when I arrived in London in 1991, the first attempt at stealing my South African army rucksack was about 30 seconds after the train took off, two big guys brazenly walked over casually and tried to 'confiscate' my bag lols...that situation was repeated plenty times...maybe 91 and 92 were bad years in London but crime was prevalent...

I lived in London 1992. It was a bad year; high unemployment. Nothing stolen from me, but a desperate bloke tried to have me pay for his beer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

stealing a smartphone never works it is password protected and maybe locked anyway.u can track it as well.maybe he does not know that.but my phone is useless if stolen for all the above reason

Unfortunately most (not all)  can be bypassed and factory reset in minutes. Button combo gets you the recovery menu and just select reset. Go see youtube.

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

He could argue that he picked it up in error then realizing his mistake took it back. There is no crime. 

Rooster

Yeah, I pick up other peoples property 'in error' all the time.

He can make a lot of 'claims' I suppose, whether or not he made a criminal action is not removed by contrition...  outside a confessional.