ms download upgrade in thai language

IraqRon

had win 8.0on my tablet, ms message  offered to upgrade to 8.1 i  clicked on ok and ms loaded os in thai.   cannot read thai well so what can i do to get a download in english?  also why is it in thai.  i need to navigate the control panel in eng,  cannot hook up my mouse and keyboard, among other probs.

Sounds like you are in deep doo doo. 

Take it to a computer shop, get them to install W10, any version kosher or not. Download W10 installation media from Microsoft onto a USB stick. Do a clean install which will get rid of anything the shop put on. Get a serial number from Ebay for about £3, and off you go.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stouricks said:

Sounds like you are in deep doo doo. 

Take it to a computer shop, get them to install W10, any version kosher or not. Download W10 installation media from Microsoft onto a USB stick. Do a clean install which will get rid of anything the shop put on. Get a serial number from Ebay for about £3, and off you go.

don't know if my tablet will support win 10, once checked and it did  not

10 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

You should be able to work out where to go by comparing an English version on the web.

Strange it took you so long to move to 8.1.

What Tablet is it, exactly?

it is a older acer IConia W3  . will try looking for the eng version

10 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Try opening the Start menu and head to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. If you’re eligible to downgrade, you’ll see an option that says “Go back to Windows 8”

will try to find a thai person to do this, if can go back, would the version be a new download or a return to rec. to my org ver,?

why did this come in thai ver. anyway?  how dose MS determine which to download?

6 hours ago, IraqRon said:

will try to find a thai person to do this, if can go back, would the version be a new download or a return to rec. to my org ver,?

why did this come in thai ver. anyway?  how dose MS determine which to download?

Yes, it should rollback to what you had before.

Perhaps Thai IP address or some regional setting.

Anyway, it seems that it will run Windows 10, but you need to utilise the Media Creation Tool; https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 or upgrade direct from a mounted image.

18 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Try opening the Start menu and head to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. If you’re eligible to downgrade, you’ll see an option that says “Go back to Windows 8”

Won't the START menu be in Thai?

17 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Won't the START menu be in Thai?

I already covered that. Even though it is in Thai, the Icons will be the same. So he can follow the path of the English version and then replicate it on the Thai version.

For instance Settings in the Start menu has a cog icon next to it....