The week that was in Thailand news: Investing in Thailand? Plenty have done very well, thank you very much.

rooster59

10 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Personally I refuse to use the word stupid...but in your case I will make an exception...????

so, you violated your own rule on personal attacks... you were often attacking Thai people... typical disher-out but can't take it... hey, game of chess or any test of acumen welcome... 

On 1/19/2020 at 2:31 PM, NCC1701A said:

"I am living the life in Thailand". I just wanted to talk about success and positive experiences I had.

sure, good idea, keep it positive... but then you start getting requests for loans for visas... I have a great life here and love my entire Thai family... I have bought farmland for them and helped in building homes... all this and wanting nothing in return. It has been the best stuff I have ever done for wonderful people who have brought me into their family and show respect and appreciation w/o being fawning...

If people on this forum knew more about my life, I would be ridiculed... all for doing good things for great people... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

so, you violated your own rule on personal attacks... you were often attacking Thai people... typical disher-out but can't take it... hey, game of chess or any test of acumen welcome... 

I do not attack anyone...especially Thai people.  I do shed light on corrupt government and business practices.

As for a duel of chess...I prefer guns or knives after a spicy Thai seafood salad...

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2020 at 5:19 PM, Puchaiyank said:

The Thai Immigration fiasco needs to be exposed for exploiting expats...

A ‘fiasco’ that the vast majority don’t have a problem with, which should tell you where the real problem actually lies!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2020 at 6:38 AM, Black Ops said:

What ridiculous comment ! How can you know what's in it if you don't read it....duh !

Or are suggesting I just ignore the forum, some people ...geez

Your post suggested you have a history of not liking Roosters posts so that would suggest you know what’s going to be in them right ? 

So as the previous poster suggested no-one forces you to read it 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 3:59 PM, Saltire said:For a forum with alledgedly tens of thousands of members, it seems only a very small clique actually participate. I wonder why?

I would say no more than 50 tops - talk of tens of thousands is for advertisers to suck up. 

I don’t contribute a lot as the mind crushing tedium induced by the haters, the anti Thais (I thought broke forum rules but is rampant) and the complete lack of any humour whatsoever make it a very depressing experience. I’ve never found anyone that has a positive word to say about it. 

On 1/19/2020 at 4:22 PM, Black Ops said:

why is this always about HIM, 12 paragraphs of an excerpt of his biography ? then we start to get relevant content to the topic title, not the life and times of Rooster !

Why? I think it's called freedom of speech and since it is his column and I would hazard a guess that it's his "topic title" and feels he can write what ever he wants or as much of it that can be published.Also the fact that he came here quite young and managed to stay and survive and in the end to thrive and enjoy spreading his wisdom is no easy task let alone actually learn the bloody language.Is it so bad to want to tell ones own story or his story which becomes history?

• Like 1