How car detailers "Beer" and "Singh" stole a Thai lady's Honda Civic

rooster59

How car detailers "Beer" and "Singh" stole a Thai lady's Honda Civic

jaa8685khkdihfaibbka6.jpg

Image: Komchadluek

Police in Bangkok have announced the arrest of two owners of a car detailers in Ladprao, Bangkok and a pawn shop owner in Bang Yai, Nonthaburi.

The detailers - named as Beer and Singh (who appear to be brothers) - copied the key of a woman who brought her Honda Civic in for a paint job. 

They also secretly fixed a GPS tracking device so they would know the whereabouts of the car. 

Then when she was at work they went to where the car was parked and stole it. They then gave it to their mate at the pawn shop. 

ba7fkikkd86hdi6i6j8ee.jpg

Police found five other copied keys in the possession of the pawn shop owner. 

The case began on January 10th when Supatra Meechai, 26, reported to Choke Chai police that her white Honda Civic had been stolen from M Club in Soi Pradit Manutham 19 while she was at work nearby. 

CCTV was studied that led investigators to Sorasak "Beer" Thrawetsunthorn, 39, and Chaiwat "Singh" Thrawetsunthorn, 36. 

They are the owners of Beer Chonburi Pradap Yon, a car detailers in Nakniwas Soi 16, Ladprao. 

Following the theft they took the stolen vehicle to Thanai Jiwkarndee's pawn shop where five copied keys were also found. 

The keys and the Civic were all taken into evidence before the car is returned to its rightful owner, reported Komchadluek.

Police learnt that the customer's keys were copied by Beer and Singh who then fitted a GPS tracking device to the vehicle so they could wait for a good opportunity to steal it. 

The three Thai men have all been charged with theft and handling stolen goods and are in the custody of the Choke Chai police.

Source: Komchadluek

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-18
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

losing both keys is a bad run of luck and I'll bet expensive to replace... should have one cloned and hide away somewhere.

Didn't replace just dismantled all the theft alarm gear and could use an ordinary cut key (no computerisation), it's a +20 year-old CRV. You are right it would have been very expensive!

1 hour ago, Chassa said:

Can you copy keys on modern vehicles without the necessary computer gear only available at the official car dealers? 

I thought they could sync it to the car by doing a set routine once putting the key in the ignition, maybe it's dependent on the quality of the car.

My thai gf and I actually had sent our 1month old Honda Accord to this car wash for glass coating after good reviews from customers. We are quite worried about this news and intend to send the car to the Honda workshop for a check.

Any more updates on this case? Latest heard is that Beer (whom we talked with) denied any involvement.

Car wash looked very successful at first glance. Had to book an appointment days in advance.

Edited by scorpiotkh
typo

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:
7 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Hmmm thinks.... Anyone know where I can buy a GPS tracking device? Then if the car gets stolen at least I can track it down, presumably with an iphone.

Lazada is your friend  "car tracking device"; from 42 baht on up.

Thanks, but on lookiing into this, so far I find they have limited range and / or battery power. I need something more professional...... A tracker that works long distance, can be followed on a iphone map and continues to function for at least 3 months.... Suggestions anyone?

(Yikes! If Lady Roadrunner ever finds out about trackers it will curtail my short time visits.)

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Er thanks .... I think! All the info is in Thai. So far cannot find what range it has or how long the battery lasts? (Needs to be the type that connects to the car battery).

Have you got one of these yourself?

5 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Have you got one of these yourself?

Nah, not something I've thought about. Just thought I'd have a look on reading this thread and that one jumped out due to your edited line 555

Range would be worldwide (well, as long as the SIM works) so whatever one you go with I wouldn't be worrying about range. Battery life of this one not up to scratch for you based on what you posted:

Very durable battery, real time, watch live, record 24 hours, 10-15 days, standby mode 30-40 days, 100-day hibernation mode

Although it looks like they have a version with double battery size according to the questions at the bottom of the page (posted 7 hours ago):

Double battery This item is out of stock. Whichever battery has a double, it has to be written that the battery is double. Will be on sale at the end of the month Which is more expensive than the general battery And has a thickness of 1 cent more

This one is wired but no details: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/global-tracker-satellite-gps-locator-mini-tracker-with-wiring-i597054433-s1121426091.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.9.20114456jX3LKm&search=1

Hopefully someone that actually uses one will be along soon.

• Thanks 1