Teacher debt crisis: Three quarters owe 1.1 trillion baht - on average 3 million each

rooster59

19 hours ago, lujanit said:

Vacuum is the key to the statement however hardly anyone without a science background would understand.

Vacuum? We don't use vacuums, we don't have carpets. We uses broom on tile floors, stupid falang.

muuuhhhhaaaaaa ????

15 k plus 1 k a year sounds about what I know from 2 data points.  One teacher  55 who also is  school nurse and helps kids with art projects that win her school top honors and maybe bonuses.  She makes 53 k/ mo. One year recently she got 2 raises.  She has no debt.   She showed me a list of about 15 teacher salaries.  45-65 k/ mo.  I really dont think they make as little as some guess.  

3 hours ago, glennb6 said:

There's nothing wrong with capitalism, quite the opposite in fact. Nothing wrong with being motivated to work hard and earn well to attain the benefits

Yes Capitalism has worked in this respect until now. It lifted most of our forefathers/mothers out of poverty allowing us today to enjoy our high 'Western' standard of living. This, in essence, is the result of the jobs created producing and distributing all the goods for a Consumer society. Capitalism is totally dependent on this Consumerism and Im not sure if it is tragic or comic that the super advanced Western Capitalist society and culture that we pride ourselves on is actually a house of cards totally dependent on people buying stuff that they dont need! How advanced and culturally sophisticated is that? And the fact that most are ignoring is that the Earth with its finite resources simply cannot sustain the ever increasing consumption which more and more people living a consumer driven Western lifestyle means. Because this rampant ever-increasing consumption of resources is destroying all other species and poisoning everything everywhere with the pollution of our precious Earth; our only home. Anyone who  cant see this must be deaf, 'dumb' and blind! With stunning selfishness, arrogance and shortsightedness we think it is ALL ABOUT US and that everything can be solved by money and economics! But there are simply too many humans on Earth who are destroying it, and ultimately themselves. I think, sadly, that only Climate Change (or possibly war) can put this right. One way or another the human race is in for a huge cull.
Edited by metisdead
Font reset to normal.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

And the fact that most are ignoring is that the Earth with its finite resources simply cannot sustain the ever increasing consumption which more and more people living a consumer driven Western lifestyle means.

I'm not sure I believe that our resources will ever run out.

We'll either be all dead (pandemic/asteroid strike/sun spots/etc) or out in space, well before that happens

On 1/19/2020 at 4:20 PM, Scott Tracy said:

Maybe my calculation is wrong, but 3m over 25 years is 10,000 per month.

what's wrong with that?

It's too simply, but you aren't far off from the real numbers.

it's around 16k THB per month they have to pay. You forgot to take the 4.5% (example rate) interest rate into account.

so 3mio THB end up as a total amount of 5 mio THB. But over those 25 years the appreciation of the land/house makes up for that, easily.

I posted salaries  of many teachers I saw on official salary list.  It was 40-60 k baht/ mo.  I really  dont believe college educated teachers  make 9k which  is  similar to  factory workers who make 350 baht/ day.  One school director gf I slowly was able  to xtract in detail all her financials  and this was the reason I cut her.  Her loan was a variable rate she never could give me principle  or amount of interest she was paying each month and there was a 6% charge on the loan just for the life insurance policy.  So it's not a simple  4.5% interest rate loan.  More like 10% but variable  interest  and maybe even the insurance premium  changed.   I'm not even sure there is the ability to pay it all off early.  But I can tell you these teachers are not going to be catching many smart foreign born husbands.   I told her a 25 yr old girl with no debt would be a better investment for my 3 million. Or just calculate how msny 3000 baht gals that is.   1000,  so 50 a year for 20 years.   Or 100 for 10 years.  Econ 101X

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1